Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    kingjaycee            06-07-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Has anyone been on this lake? I'm planning on going there for the 4th of July weekend. Any info about this lake would b egreatly appriciated. Thanks all....
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-07-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
Get there early... there is no overflow camping since the water level is so high. Go to the narrows...
Old     (purplefan)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
It will hard to find good water on the 4th. But it will probably be a good party. It was like an ocean on Mem. day weekend. Saw a nice fight at the Oak Shores ramp - about 10 guys squared off.

Tubes and jet skiis everywhere. Even they were looking for better water.

It did appear that if you could get on the water before 8am you could get some riding in. After that, good luck.
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Watch out for driftwood!! The high water levels have picked up years of debris off the shores. My trip to Naci in late April cost me a new prop!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
The debris has cleared and the lake is full!! We've been riding it all spring long and everything is perfect. For decent water on the 4th be in the water at 6. Naci is the shizz!!!!
Old    kingjaycee            06-08-2005, 12:13 AM Reply   
Thnaks guys!
Old    gambo2166            06-08-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
:-)
Lake Nacimiento
Old    wake_mom            06-09-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Will someone please tell me why anyone thinks they can ride on any summer holiday!!!! On any lake!
Helloooooo, please come for vacation and enjoy the lake without everybody and their butthead friends!
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
going to Nacimento this weekend pump it up at club chuck, Max out. 100%. 6am wake up call!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-10-2005, 12:24 AM Reply   
Leslie, my best day riding ever was at Naci on 4th of July weekend. You get up early and get it!! I learned a nose grab back roll that day & had the most fun ever, it was butter until 8 that morning.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-10-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
I rode Canyon Lake on Memorial, and there was only one other boat on the water. :-)
Old    wake_mom            06-10-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
I guess we're spoiled, since we can just look out the front door and see if the water's glass or not. Mornings and after 4pm is the best water at Naci. The wind always picks up around 3pm and the dies about 1 hour later, this happens daily, like clock work. Still I wouldn't be caught on the water during a busy holiday, I'm not into getting beat-up on rough water.
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-10-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
Must be painful to live on Naci! I look out and see desert!!

Big Heavy - Nose grab Backrolls, are those tough to learn. Grabbing the board upside down seems so diffiult to me.