Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       08-27-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
Is the Merced factory closed? I tried to look on there website, but didn't see it mentioned any where. Does anyone know.

Took the tour in 06 and it was awesome. My buddy is interested in checking it out. I kinda want to hit all the factories in that area if I can too just to see the difference in workmenship. Sanger, Centurion, MB and Calabria I think are all in the same area or nearby.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-27-2009, 9:05 PM Reply   
My understanding is that they are not building boats in Merced. All building is being done back east. Only warranty work is being done at the Merced plant.

The Calabria plant is pretty empty when I drive by. They seem to have every mold they ever owned in the yard all around the plant and parking area.
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-28-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
Calabria is still making boats, I just picked up my new Team-V last Friday! Had it out twice now, I'm lovin' it!
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-28-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
Merced factory closed. They are only building Malibu in Tennessee now.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-28-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
I drive by Calabria all the time as well as Wakecraft. Wakecraft appears to be done, no more sign on the building they used to build in. Calabria appears to be building very little if any at all. There is activity, but like Ben C said, all their molds are outside and they don't appear to be building. They do have some for sale outside though....
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       08-28-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys, bummer. Times are rough.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2009, 2:41 AM Reply   
Yeah Brannon. All boats are coming from Tennessee. I was by CJ today dropping off a client. Didn't see you....
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-29-2009, 11:59 AM Reply   
Ryan, what time are we heading out tomorrow?
Old     (wakecraft)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-31-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
Lol. Wakecraft isn't done. We just moved into a new factory that is three times bigger than our old one. Our new addy is on our website. Thanks
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       08-31-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
Ryan sorry I missed you, but I am sure you will be bring clients in on a regular basis.

Are you still rockin the White VLX or are you buying a new one for 2010? Thanks for the factory info. Wish I could buy a new boat, but I a shooting for 2011. Hopefully my O.T. will be back in force.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-31-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
That's cool to hear Wakecraft. I know you guys were bustin tail, doors were usually open at at least 6ish and still open till 5. I know the others weren't working as hard.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2009, 9:13 PM Reply   
Still have the same white boat Brannon. Yeah I'm sure I will run into you guys again soon.