Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       09-04-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Hey ladies!

I am looking for some binding advice for my girlfriend. She currently has LF fusion bindings size s/m and they are really tight on her feet causing considerable pain. I bought them based on her size 6 foot but they seem a little undersized. Her foot is a little on the wide side but she buys regular sized shoes. Any advice on a good binding for her? She is a beginner...can cross the wakes and do surface spins and slides. Not really jumping yet but the pain in her feet is really keeping her from being able to ride for any length of time. Also, will most brands fit the LF boards? Are there brands that will not fit her board like Ronix? Sorry for all the questions but thanks for any help/advice!

Tim
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-04-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
Tim - I just started riding in April so don't have any vast experience, but I have the CWB Embers and they are very comfy; haven't had any problems with them hurting my feet and they are really easy to get in and out of with the hinge system. Don't know if they will fit boards other than CWB, though. Good luck!
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Tim - I wear a size 6 and I have fairly wide feet. I went through the same problem until I found the Minx and then the Melissa's. One thing that I learned early on regarding wakeboarding & snowboarding - spend money on your feet or you'll be miserable.

Any pair of 2008's or older should fit her LF board. You may have to get different screws or put a couple of washers in to get them to tighten down properly. Good luck and I'm sure once she has comfy feet she'll love riding and progress very quickly
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       09-06-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. We are going to try to stretch her bindings and see if that helps. If not we will try a new model.
Old     (littewend)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-07-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
I bought a pair of LF element bindings that were supposed to be size 5-7 (I'm a 6.5) and the first time I used them they were very tight causing considerable pain after the first few minutes. I stuffed balled up socks in them as tight as I could for the next week in the hot garage and they stretched out enough to be comfortable. They are still a little tight when I don't leave the socks in them, but MUCH better. Hope the stretching works for you!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-07-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Tim, great post.. My wife started riding this season and wears a size 8 foot. She LOVES the CWB Hinge tech bindings.. they are super comfy and really simple to get in and out of. She rides a pair of Sage's right now, but we have a pair of Brand new Blisses that were wridden for about 2 hours all together for sale. She ended up with a new Ronix board and the Blisses just didnt match. Let me know if your interested. Ill give you a good deal on them