Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old    mendo247            06-18-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
So ive gone to or called all 5 board shops within 1.5 hours of me (granted im in Ukiah). I really havent actually shopped for bindings in years but i cannot believe the lack of product these stores carry. I think im destined to rock my Old school Belmonts (which i love) forever. At the DRA event this weekend I tried on the Hyperlite Atlas and was very impressed. I have quite a few friends who have suggested them and want to purchase a pair. Ill be driving to San Jose next wednesday and imagine ill be passing a few bay area board shops. Can anyone recomend one who might actually carry these in XL. Every shop ive been to or called only seems to carry the Murrays and Byerlys or the lower end stuff.

All i want to do is walk into a shop plop down some cash and walk out (hopefully paying a fair price). Im suprised this has been so hard to do. Id rather help a boardshop out than score a sweet deal on the net but im starting to think that im a TOTAL IDIOT for wasting my time searching for these bindings when i know im gonna pay more than i would from a large online retailer.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
try calling antbug at ultimate in fairfield. if that's outta your way, call scott at ultimate in santa clara (san jose?).
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-19-2008, 12:48 AM Reply   
I'm the pro shop manager at the Ultimate Watersports in San Jose. Gimme a call at the shop and I can give you directions and what not. 408.432.8088
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-19-2008, 5:05 AM Reply   
Hi Richard,
Unfortunately, we are not in the San Jose area.....but have a great selection of bindings in that size...also make sure you know that alot of companies are doing them in shoe sizes..aka Ronix, Liquid Force, Hyperlite. If we can help let me know. Bill @ Performance
www.perfski.com 407-859-7544
Old    thebiggmann            06-19-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Is there a reason you want Hyperlite? Just curious, not putting down the decision.
Old    mendo247            06-20-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Ive had really good luck with their bindings. They fit my feet great and last forever. Im riding a pair of old school Belmonts that i bought new probablly 4 or 5 years ago and havent had one problem with, they still look new.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-20-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
you might need to pick up pair of socks to go with them

haha. you can probably find 07 3DS XLs at most of the shops for a great deal. same binding

(Message edited by wakemitch on June 20, 2008)
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-20-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
Coop: murder out your boots w/ some flat black spray paint. Solved!!
Old    mendo247            06-20-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
Yeah I been thinking about that! Either that or taking them to a shop and having them covered in black material and have a toe cap sewed on so they are close toe!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-20-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
I have a pair, what size are you?
Old    mendo247            06-20-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
XL
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-20-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
i would say go down to Cope and McPetres in santa clara. they have a big variety of boots there. and if you cant find those which im pretty sure you will, austin will hook you up
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-20-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
Just wear the old bindings and get new socks!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-20-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Hit me up, I have a pair of XL's Brand new!