Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
Hi all! Up here in the Salt Lake area its getting to cold to have much water fun so its time to clean up for the season. As this is my first year using fat sacs I'm not sure what to do with them. I pulled them out of the boat and they are a little slimey. My plan was to just hose them off inside and out and then pull all the plugs out and hang them out for a week or two til they are dry inside.
Any other suggestions? It seems like they will have a hard time drying on the inside... Do I need to run some dry air through them before putting them away for the winter? Thanks!
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
I just add some allgie killer and leave them in my extra room. The kind you put in water beds.
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-25-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
I had the same question, so I sent some mail to the folks who make the sacs at Barefoot International & Fly High Mfg., and they said I could post their response. This is what they said:

"...be sure ALL WATER is DRAINED. Also, it may be best to leave them lay out with the caps off so they dry out completely and no water is left to freeze inside of the sac. Also, it would be best to keep them indoors at normal room temperatures if possible. It will save on the wear and tear of the material in extreme conditions."

I asked them about algae killer, and this is what they said:

"Mike and I have personally never done that with our sacs and Mike has never heard of anyone doing that with their sacs (that we know of). I'm sure it doesnt hurt but you never know. We've never had any problems by NOT doing it."

Thanks.
Donnie