Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (darkstar)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
I am always reading posts about helmets, if they help of not, and someone always says that they do little to nothing. If this is the case what will it take for an effective wakeboarding helmet to be made? What can companies do to make a helmet that keeps the rider safe from impact on the water. I am not very good at wakeboarding and my falls from the little air I get can make me see stars. I can not imagine the feeling of a "BIG" crash.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
The Pro Tec Wake helmets work good, better than nothing IMO. You just need to make shure that any kind of helmet fits your head right. If its to big your head can still move around and not get the full effect of the helmet working properly. I do think a company needs to step up a design a helmet from the ground up for wakeboarding though, and maybe with all the head injuries with wakeboarding since its been growing so much, somebody will set up and design a better wake helmet.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
I am not sure how redesigning a helmet will help prevent injuries. Don't get me wrong I am believer in helmets but I look at other sports, hockey, football, etc. They have redesigned their helmuts multiple times and head injuries still occur. I think that head injuries in certain situations are inevitable and thats the nature of our sport. Murray knocked himself unconscious in a tour stop this year while wearing one and I am not sure a better designed helmet would of helped him on that wrapped KGB, but just my opinion.