Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    ryan_bailey            10-23-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
I know some people won't believe me on this and others won't care but here goes. Most everyone here has been using the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for cleaing the vinyl in thier boats and might go through a ton of them like me. Well I ran into a commercial detailer and saw that he was using a similar product but had it on his polisher doing the same thing to the seats, bimini top, etc. He told me that it's just commercial grade high density foam. You can get a 4x8 sheet of the stuff for $25 which beats the Mr. Clean 5.95 price all to heck. If there are some Mr.Clean stock holders on here sorry.. If you are in AZ give me an email and I will tell you a couple shops in town that carry it.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-23-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
Sounds awesome, the stupid little pads don't last at all. Do you have a product name? Im out here in nor cal, little bit of a ride to AZ.
Old    ryan_bailey            10-23-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
They just call it high density commercial grade foam. I will check to see if there is manuf. name on it anywhere when I get back home.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-23-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
do you use it for general cleaning of the vinyl or specifically for removing stains?
Old     (patoloco)      Join Date: May 2002       10-23-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
Specifically the magic eraser, and other such brands, use melamine foam. Apparently its also used for sound proofing other applications.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-23-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
the mr clean magic eraser is what I have been using, it is awesome!! it cleans all the shiny parts in the boat back to new after a season of bugs and sun. cleans up the vinyl like no other.
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-24-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
Magic Eraser...Mystery revealed!

http://www.sunpowerusa.com/miclfaq.html

Has anyone compared Mr. Clean to Miracle Clean? Besides being a bald genie with game, it would seem that that Magic Eraser has nothing over the Miracle Clean product.

But as much as I like to save a buck, I've got to hang with Mr. Big and The Clean Team.

Word.

Old    ryan_bailey            10-24-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
Nice post! I haven't compared Mr. Clean to Miracle Clean but I have compared a sheet of 1" think melamine foam from the local plastic supply warehouse and it's identical except it doesn't have the blue backing material. Works the same though.
Old    ryan_bailey            10-24-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
Central Plastic & Rubber Co Plastics
5418 S 25 St
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(602) 268-6368
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-24-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the post and address Ryan. Look like I got to travel on over to the ghetto this week.