Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    armands            08-08-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hi,

I am not patriot of any of those boards what I am looking for but still need anyone opinion about those boards who really tested them and not blaming CWB or Hyperlite because don't like one of those brands. So, please help me with your advise.
And to mention that I am beginner in wakeworld.

Tganks a lot.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-08-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
The Absolute is a good beginner to intermediate riding board. If you're not too into Hyperlite, check out Gator Board's Ricky G. Both boards are sick and you won't be disappointed.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
Steve - by saying the Absolute is a good beginner to intermediate board, do you mean that you wouldn't recommend it for advanced riding or are you just saying it will work well for all levels of riding? (I'm in the market for a new board as well. )
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-08-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
The Absolute is actually an intermediate to advanced board but I've found that it's good for all level of riders.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-08-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Also for more advanced riders, you might want to demo the Absolute Platinum.
Old     (briboddy)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
I'm a Intermediate rider and have demo'ed a few boards and loved the Premier. It's was the most forgiving board out of the ones I've check out.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-08-2005, 9:01 AM Reply   
The uniqueness of the Absolute is it's aggressive nature but also has a mellow side that keeps the beginner/intermediate happy.
It's an amazing board. Very rarely find anyone who doesn't agree.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
I've heard that the difference in terms of ride and feel between the absolute and the abs plat is very small. Some say only "advanced" riders could tell the difference, but this doesn't really make sense to me. Has anyone ridden both -- how do they compare?

[Edit]
I should probably mention that I'm planning on upgrading as an x-mas present, and therefore will probably go with an '06 board. While I don't think anyone can really give much in terms of ridden reviews for the CWB line yet, I'd like to stick with CWB. Overall, at this point in time, would you guys say that the Absolute series board is the most desirable of the bunch? I've heard great things about the Transcend as well.

(Message edited by thirdgear on August 08, 2005)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-08-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
The Premier and Absolute are very similar the main difference comes from the fact that the Premier has a cupped rail and makes it a little more on edge. The Absolute has a center spine which allows it to land softer than the Premier. The 2006 Absolute is very similar to the 2005, I'll be getting a Platinum in a week or two. The Transcend is being made faster for 2006 and yes that board is awesome, so much pop.
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-08-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
I have a 2004 Premier and love the board, I tested a Ricky G and noticed I got more pop on the Premier but the Ricky G felt more controled. Has anyone else noticed this?

I am also looking at getting an Absolute and continue using my Premier for sliders.

Will the Absolute be a setp up or down as far as pop, speed and control go over the preimer? Thanks.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-08-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden the Premier but I have also felt the control of the Ricky G. Didn't like the 04 Premier. Love the GB!
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-08-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
i have the 04 premier and have rode last years rickyg as well. Love my board but also loved the gator as well. the gator seemed to track deeper than my premier, but both had similar pop.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-08-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
I owned an '04 141 Absolute Platinum and personally thought it was the stiffest, hardest landing board I've ever been on. For that reason I sold it on ebay. I have a friend who rides a Premier and he also thought the same thing about my Absolute. Did they change the board at all for '05? If not I can't see that board landing soft, unless maybe the non-platinum version does. As for the Premier, I was on an '04 141 DNA, didn't really like or dislike it, but I did think it was a heavy board.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-08-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
For 05 they increased the length and depth of the center spine of the Absolute. It now lands much softer than the previous years.