Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    nautiqueforce            07-30-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
right now i ride an LF team. i love just about everything about it, but i want something with some more pop. ive been researching the LF substance, balance, and fish. any comments, reviews, or information on any of these boards would be very helpful.

thanks
Old    jamesboardr            07-31-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
have you considered going to a local shop and demo the boards. the money you put down for the demo will go towards the purchase of the board you choose and its a great way to find the one "YOU" will like and not someone else enjoys. the substance is a great board and i love it. although you may not...and...there is a new lf board coming out in the near future that is a sick ride. maybe wait for the new models to come out?? and the fish is also a great choice for pop and supersoft landings. but not the best for all types of riding
Old    tommcat            07-31-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
all i can say is that you guys that can demo boards have it made. we dont even have a board shop anywhere around here, nevermind one that lets you demo.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-31-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Ya would be nice to have a good local board shop, but some of us are stuck buying blind over the internet.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-31-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
Yea, we had a demo day at our local shop...well, we could only demo like 4 boards and they were all used/rental boards so they weren't worth giving out your credit card to ride them.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-31-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
I forgot to tell you...

You can't go wrong with the substance. Some people don't like the fish as an everyday board. I didn't care for the balance. But the substance was an awesome board and I think 98% of the people will agree.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-31-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
I have ridden all 3 boards and I have a 139 team
as for pop you won't get much higher than the team.....The fish has nice landings and pop but it rides very different and takes some getting use to. Balance is just ok.....The substance would be my 2nd choice board....I would just stick with the team.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2005, 4:31 AM Reply   
Have you tried the 2005 CWB Absolute Platnum? One of the best boards out there. I have ridden the parks, bylery, substance and the CWB is awsome. My second choice would be the substance but try the 2005 CWB Absolute you will love it.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2005, 12:38 AM Reply   
I just got a fish.. I cannot say enough about it. I was riding a helix and have been for about 4 years. I couldn't find anything I liked more then I rode the Fish. True it is a different feel but it is super light and you can land sketchy as hell and still pull out. they seem to be hot right now so if you buy one and don't like it sell it on e-bay.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-03-2005, 6:54 AM Reply   
Fish
Old     (bengal)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-05-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
If you ride the Team currently and are comfortable with the way it rides. I would strongly advise the Balance. I rode the Team for 2yrs then upgraded to the Balance this year. Balance has better pop and get me higher...plus its easier to perform surface tricks...if you go for the substance you will loose the 3 fin feel...you will have to learn how to jump all over again...go with the balance...or like others said DEMO DEMO DEMO!