Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-15-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
Rode it yesterday, and it is a sick ass board. Tons of pop, VERY soft on the landings, stays on edge nicely, and will go like a bat out of hell if you let it, plus it looks bad ass. I was very comfortable right from the first slaysh at the wake.

Can's say enough about it, I'll be making it my permanent ride from here on out.
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-15-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
138?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-15-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
Wow, Hmmm.... Yeah, I was gonna wait till the water warmed back up, but I may have to give it a go. I frickin' love my Transcend, so it's going to have to be one heck of a board to better it.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-15-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Yeah it was the 138. I ride, I mean rode the 141 Absolute and I loved that board. I had been riding the Absolute for the last 4 years.

For me it was an easy decision to make.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-15-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
You got a pic? I don't think we've ever seen it around here.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-15-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
I rode the Faction yesterday as well----un believable board!!!!!!! CWB hit another home run with this one. I got a new platinum Transcend for this coming year---if I hadn't , I'd get this board for sure. The Faction has four bolt on fins that look huge---I'm use to riding the Absolute finless as well as the 07 Transcend finless, so I was a little skeptical about how I would like the board. I can not say enough about this board, tons of consistent pop, supper soft landings and I could not even feel the fins. The board is fast and has a controlled loose feel that makes it easy and enjoyable to ride. It also has asick looks---matte black top W/ glossy colered graphics on bottom. Check it out, give it a spin!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-15-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
I would love to ride this board, looks like it would fit my style well.
Old     (erikcarter)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-15-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
I rode the 2003 byerly 142 yesterday....Sick!!! You boys did make that faction look good. I would like to try the largest one if it comes around. Then we could be buddies!
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-16-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Here you go...

Upload
Upload
Old    innov8actionsports.com            12-16-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
Ya we got the Faction 138's in yesterday, very sick looking board, have not got to ride it yet, but I will real soon. Great deal on the package with the Faction bindings. We sell the setup for 469.99 or 319.99 for just the board.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
SCWS-- That is actually a picture of one of the prototypes. The real board is waaaay different, even better
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-16-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Brandon, "I'll be making it my permanent ride from here on out" yeah until next year
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-16-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
ok this board has a 2.8 continuous rocker so im going to go out on a limb and say that it will ride a lot diiferent then a ABS platy or Trancend as they have huge 3 stage rockers ..

So just because one person loved it doesnt mean that everybody else is gonna jump off their rides for this..
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-16-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
Larry, has one sitting in are living room that he's giving to someone for christmas, maybe he should take it out first!
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-16-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
Bill, the point to your post is?

I have always prefered a 3-stage rocker, so I did not expect too much of the Faction. I would say however, that this board is the best continuous rocker board I have ridden. My post was just to let anyone who may be looking to get a new board know that they should give the Faction a try. I was impressed, you might be too..... and it's not a super expensive board.

"So just because one person loved it doesn't mean that everybody is gonna jump off their rides for this.."
NO ONE ASKED THEM TO.... this is an informational site.. I merely posted my personal findings.

Happy Holidays!!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-16-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
guys like mike and a few othesr ride the absolute/transcend which is a complete opposite of what the faction offers yet they get excited from a post and say that sounds like the "board for me" without even looking at a real pic or stats etc etc.

thats my point just too many people get juiced from someones post but a demo is the only way to go
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-16-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Larry got me a new Faction for Christmas?? That is awesome, I always liked Larry!! I got Larry a can of Cheese Whiz and some toilet paper.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on December 16, 2006)
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-16-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
I got a set of the new faction bindings for my brother and me to share ..... definetly nice bindings.. going on my absolute board though.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
Randy- Thats about right, unless next years Faction is just as good. When are we gonna get together and ride again?

Gordie- Have Larry ride it! He might like it, I loved it. How are you guys doing?

Bill- I was just letting everyone else know my experience. I have been on the Absolute for the past 4 years, and really like everything about it. Now moving from a 3 stage to a continuous, I thought it would be A LOT different, but it was much better. Just because I liked it doesn't mean that you will. As Chuck said, this is an informational site, take it how you will.

Jeff- How the heck are ya? Pretty soon, we'll have to all get together and shoot the poop. Say hi to the wife.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-17-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
thats cool i was just stating my thoughts after reading replies,nothing toward the original message .
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-17-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
Poser - Yeah, March 4th sounds like a really good day for you and the Frews to catch up!
Old     (kopp210)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-17-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
I was interested in this board when I saw the pics of the bottom shape. Clean, simple, no non-sense. A well designed continuous rocker can surprise you. Glad to hear it rode well I'll have to check it out. If I ever make it out to the water again
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-17-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
Brandon,

I know it is the prototype...the 138's were just pressed and the 144's won't be pressed until the 20th of this month so "real" photos aren't available yet...the photo's I posted were the CWB product photos that were meant for showing the graphics. I am stoked you like the new shape...I am anxious to try it myself.
Old     (mrs_porkchops)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-18-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
Lizzy, I hope the Poser family is in attendance on March 4th, wakeboarding in CL? Can't wait to see all for the festivities. Maybe I can demo the new board then? I like the graphics, isn't that why we buy a board? Hi back to Mr & Mrs Poser.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-19-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
From what I understand the Posers will be in attendance. Along with Chuck and Sierra. Very excited!!! :-)