Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/showbi...-boxing-match/

Zimmerman vs. DMX in a "celebrity" boxing match...

Since when is Zimmerman a celebrity?

DMX looks like a washed up old man. As much as DMX may think this is revenge for his brothers and sisters, he may as well piss on Trayvon's grave. I'd go through the roof if I were part of the Martin family.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2014, 12:39 PM Reply   
WOW I never thought I would be siding with Al Sharpton

"We must be very careful not to glorify or in any way sidestep the implications of making someone whose only claim to fame was killing an unarmed young man named Trayvon Martin into a cultural celebrity or hero," Sharpton said.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2014, 1:35 PM Reply   
Let's see zimmerman vs Tanya harding
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2014, 1:35 PM Reply   
To the death
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2014, 1:41 PM Reply   
Or zim vs mehserle(Bart cop)...in a dual.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2014, 4:32 PM Reply   
We must be very careful not to glorify or in any way sidestep the implications of making someone whose only claim to fame is race baiting into a cultural celebrity or hero.

There, fixed it for you.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-06-2014, 6:12 PM Reply   
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-07-2014, 6:55 PM Reply   
as if dmx has a pot to piss in himself... his greatest illegal accomplishment at one time was: cocaine possession, criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a weapon( a gun... wonder who or what race he would've shot with that?), criminal mischief, menacing, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, while claiming to be a federal agent and attempting to carjack a vehicle. On top of all that the guy has multiple drug charges, dui's and driving without a license. He's just lucky he didn't kill anyone during any of his escapades or he'd be labeled a murderer too.
Old     (smitty75)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-07-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   

DMX actually lives nearby, we see him at the grocery store now and again. Not exactly a role model, but actually a pretty nice guy out of the public eye. He's looking pretty old and tired these days, not sure if he'd be much good in a fight lol
Old    bigdtx            02-09-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
Well...

I saw this was cancelled... Too bad.

Here's how it should have gone down:

* Fight held in Florida.
* Bell rings, DMX comes out and Zimmerman lands a straight shot to the jaw and knocks him down.
* DMX pulls a glock from his waistband and empties the clip into Zimmerman's chest.
* When they ask him why he did he responds "I feared for my life."
* "Oh, OK, you can go, have a nice day."
* Fight over.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
Glocks don't utilize clips to function.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       02-09-2014, 10:06 AM Reply   
The word "clip" seems so ghetto to me. I prefer "mag" or "magazine"
Only people who shoot their guns sideways, and stuff them In their sagging pants without a holster use the term "clip"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old    bigdtx            02-09-2014, 10:38 AM Reply   
Clip, Mag, whatever... Jeeze you guys are touchy...

And this is George Zimmerman -vs- DMX so I think "ghetto" is appropriate.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Apple, rock.. whatever.

Clip and magazine are two completely different things.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       02-09-2014, 10:51 AM Reply   
Well, assuming he was referring to a weapon, that I most guarantee would have utilized a magazine, just as many others refer to the magazine in a handgun as a "clip" here is some clarification.
http://www.minutemanreview.com/2008/...rearm.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-09-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Jacob Smith... Nice guy as he's giving us the finger.......

Haha... Bottom Feeder Trash............
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-10-2014, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad1Tai View Post
Jacob Smith... Nice guy as he's giving us the finger.......

Haha... Bottom Feeder Trash............
i'll second that motion... all those in favor say "I"
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-10-2014, 1:17 PM Reply   
I
Old     (smitty75)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-11-2014, 7:41 PM Reply   
Haha, when I saw the picture I thought the same thing. But then I noticed they are actually crossed just hard to see. If you do an image search of him, does it in almost every picture. Some corny gangster deal.

Definitely not trying to defend him as a person, was just pretty nice the couple of times I've seen him around. Bought a bunch of people food and hung around with everyone.