Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-12-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Looking for a new rig for the wife, she likes the GL, haven't drove one yet but do see they have a diesel.

Anybody own or drive one of these? Any recommendations good bad or otherwise, says 0-60 is 9 sec on the diesel but it has 400 ftlb of torque so that seems like plenty of power once it spools up...probably leaning more toward the 450 right now for convenience sake but 13mpg in the city hurts...and premium fuel

Thanks
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-12-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
There was a thread in the boats section a while back about Mercedes blue-tech. Check it out, it had a lot of info.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-13-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
"13mpg in the city hurts...and premium fuel"

This from a guy who drives a mega cab 4x4 diesel. lol
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-13-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
which also gets 13mpg in the city, but the whine of the turbo makes up for it!!
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-14-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
Not what you're asking about, but have you looked at the Porsche Cayenne? They seem pretty sweet. The ultimate soccer mom vehicle!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-15-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
Scott.... My boss has had 2. The first was a GL450 gasser. Nice truck. Horrible gas mileage. Probably about what you got with your old gas pick up. 11/12 in town and 16/17 on the highway.

Now he has the Blue Tech diesel. Very nice ride, with amazing fuel mileage. To/from Tahoe on 1/2 tank of diesel. Around 25 MPG on the highway.

My thoughts...... They drive nice and are very substantial. Could easily tow a boat. Downers are that they are huge. It's a big vehicle for a daily, especially coming from what she drives right now. Nice size for kids, though. Probably a bit bigger than a Tahoe (definitely drives bigger).
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
Very nice ride...I sat in one at the dealer why they were putting the paperwork together on my wifes car. Tons of space and I was comfy all the way in the back and I'm over 6' tall. I think the diesel is the way to go on that...Wish they would make an AMG out of it, but from what I've read, it won't be shipped to AMG because they cant get enough performance out of it due to size...we'll see though.