Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
So guys check it out. I've got to blow off a little steam and let everyone know what I think about Ford. I own a 2005 F-250 6.0L. I've had nothing but problems ever since I bought it new. I'll keep the service list short by just saying that its been towed into the dealer 16 times now and non-drivable for 135 days. When the 36k mile warranty was up I bought the 100k mile warranty so pretty much everything that went wrong with the truck was always covered under warranty. About 2 months ago i was coming up to 100k miles so I bought the 200k mile warranty for another $2500 bucks. Yesterday it just shut down on me while I was driving so I took it in. I get a call today saying the accelorator pedal, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, and fuel injector controll moduel all went out and that its going to cost 1800 bucks to fix. So I say well shouldn't that all be covered unday my 200K mile warranty and he tells me no, those parts are all taken off the warranty once its past 100K miles. The truck has 100,719 miles. The service manager at the dealer told me that the local ford rep is in the office so he is going to present my file to him and see what he can get ford to help me out with. I swear to god the exact words out of the reps mouth was o man this truck has seen a lot of problem, that really sucks but sorry I can't do anything. In the past 5 years my parents have bought 9 or 10, 40k dollar plus trucks for our businness. I've already tried to lemon that truck and they said no. Ford is done in my book. Worst customer service ever. My family will never be buying a ford again.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
Wow, you deserve a medal for patience. I would have been done with them after being towed in 4 or 5 times.
You could start your nationally advertised "Ford can suck a fat one" campaign anytime & I wouldn't blame you a bit.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       02-10-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
I thought those trucks came with a 100k mile warranty.
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-10-2010, 4:44 PM Reply   
that do on the powertrain.
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-10-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
correction on motor not powertrain.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-10-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
No supprise here. The 05 diesel was know to the the most problematic and tempramental of all of fords products to date. Sorry to hear they screwed you like that.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-10-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
I have an '04 that's been relatively trouble-free since I bought it, other than periodic overheating towing my 24SSV in the summer. Sorry about your bad luck
Old                02-10-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
I hate to tell you this, but those extended warranties have caveats to them and rarely do they cover every little thing. I learned the hard way on this

I would seek to get a refund on the extended warranty that you bought as well.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-10-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Just because the Service tech said it's not covered doesn't mean it's so. I would go through the 200,000 mile warranty with a fine tooth comb as well as the 100,000 mile warranty to see if there really is an exclusion. If there isn't or it is vague, take them to small claims court. After serving them with proper filing documents including a witness subpoena for both the service mgr and the service tech to show up in court as "witnesses". Then ask them how much it will cost them to have their service mgr and a tech out for the day to go to court. Then offer to settle. Obviously you won't get everything but it might be an option. Also see if the Insurance commisioner is interested in taking a complaint on the matter.
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
Extended warrantees are total rip offs. You would me money ahead...way ahead if you took that money and put it in a breakdown fund and just paid for it yourself. Think about it, why would they push them so hard if they were not cash cows for them? How much does it cost to replace a tranny? Probably between 2 and 4 K. Odds are, your tranny isn't going to break. By paying the warrantee up front you are essentially buying a tranny that might break. In the past 7 Cars I have had I have had 1 major repair that might have been covered. If I had bought extended warrantees I would have spent 15-20k to avoid that 2500 bill. Bottom line is that they they are a rip off and nay not help you anyways.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-10-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
Bummer Ryan.... Time to sell that thing and not look back. My '06 has been trouble free, so far, but if it was towed in even more than once or twice in a year it'd be on the chopping block.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-10-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
bakes that may be true but not on a 6.0 ford. egr, head gasket problems are gonna cost ya. because ford pulls the cab, even thou they dont need to. thats all bs.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear your luck Ryan, really am.
I come from a Ford family, dad's a Senior Master Tech, I've worked at the dealership, and all we've ever owned are Fords. So you have a little background to know I've heard it all. Hate to say it, but those 6.0's have had a ton of problems. They were great when they first came out as the power was better than the 7.3 (which was bulletproof), but as soon as the government let people run off-road diesel, everything went down hill fast. Not saying at all that's the only problem with it, but rather agreeing that engine had issues, that's why it had a short life and is already gone.

sorry to hear about it man. Hope it all turns out OK
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
Packrat- I called another Ford dealer here in town and talked to their service manager. He had told me that what I was told was right. Ford has it set up so that if you buy the 200K mile warranty right off the get go then all those parts are covered but if you buy the 100K and then the 200K one they aren't covered. He even agreed with me that its stupid the way that they have it. Just a way to screw customers out of more money. The dealer that the truck is at is owned by one of my dads best friends. So I don't want to screw him out of money because its now his falt that Ford doesn't like to keep there lont time customers.

When I get my truck back I think i'll hook up to my 16,000lbs toy hauler and hold the throttle wide open up the steepest grades aroud here till the motor blows. At this point I just want to rack up the biggest bill I can for Ford.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2010, 5:49 PM Reply   
o and the warranty has paid for itself already. 2 egr coolers, 2 egr valves, a turbo, 2 power steering pumps, fuel injector controll moduel, and many other problems.
Old     (rubin)      Join Date: May 2006       02-10-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
the govt is letting us run red diesel now?
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       02-10-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
What? Who told you that?
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-10-2010, 6:24 PM Reply   
i had a ton of problems with my 05, head gasket. the motor was out 5 times in 6 months. they lemon lawed that one and gave me a 06. that one had head gasket, turbo and oil leak problems. they bought that one back. i had to fight them on the 06 but they gave me all my money back. they bout had under 25,000 miles on them. i now have a 03 with the 7.3 best truck i have owened
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-10-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
Maybe I should trade my 2009 in? I don't want to pay all that money for a truck to end up like you guys...
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
When gas prices spiked 2 yrs ago they gave the green flag to sell the red stuff at the pumps (at least here in Nebraska)
You still see it here and there but it's gone back to the farm for the most part.

Like I said though, that wasn't that engine's only problem. That stuff mainly messed with sensors and injectors, otherwise, it just sounds like a lemon unfortunately.
Sorry Ryan, that really sucks man
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-10-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
chris the 6.4 is a better motor than the 6.0, we will have to see how the dpf turns out. if it were mine i would cut it off, but thats me. i drive a 7.3
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-10-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
I would love to get rid of it and run new exhaust, chip, etc but I'm too afraid of the repercussions from the dealer and warranty issues
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-10-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
I personally would sue them. That many times in the shop and who is to say that THEY havent put on the additional 719 miles test driving it and driving it around. If you didnt have all these problems, it might not have been over the miles.

Contact the BBB and AG in your state. What difference do you care about your friends dealership, its ford footing the bill and your friends dealership getting paid to do the warranty work.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
Jonny- I already tried to go to the BBB for the lemon law. Before they even looked into my case they said no right as they got the paper work. They said my truck had too many miles and that it wasn't in the shop for the same problem 4 or more times. I wasn't even looking for them to give me a new truck because the truck did have about 80K miles on it at the time. Just wanted extended warranties or a great trade in price or just anything to show they care about me being a customer. But anyways the BBB did care to help at all. I even talked to some lady at Ford for about 2 hours one day and she didn't seem to care much at all either.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-10-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
I love Ford's styling with their F250 and 350 but I'll stick with Dodge on the diesels. My buddy has an 05 F250 6.0L with 80k+ miles and it's never had a single issue.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-10-2010, 11:06 PM Reply   
Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I had one of the earliest 6.0s possible. If I remember correctly it was built in late 2002 even though it was considered an 03.5. I just ditched it with 111K because it had a leaky egr and I didn't feel like paying $1500 to get it replaced or have to deal with blown head gaskets down the road in the future. At around 95K I replaced the ball joints, turbo, and I think ICP sensor (or something like that).

Also, I'm pretty sure that the second service writer you spoke to was feeding you a bunch of BS, saying that you should've purchased the 200k warranty when you first bought it and all that crap your dealing with now would've been covered. I don't even think they offered it in 05. If I remember correctly it came out about two years ago and it surely wasn't offered to me as an extended warranty in 06 when I purchased that 03 rig. Again sorry about this and hopefully you can get it squared away with your service writer or find something else to trade it in for. I know the 08s and newer are pretty nice as I was looking at them before trading mine in but they seem to dealing with egr and dpf problems as well. After all the looking I decided on a clean, low milage, 06 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab.

Good Luck,
Halfmoon
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-11-2010, 12:01 AM Reply   
"those parts are all taken off the warranty once its past 100K miles. The truck has 100,719 miles."

Take this up with Ford Corporate. With all the issues you have had you should be able to convince them to to take care of it being only 719 miles over.

"accelerator pedal, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, and fuel injector control module all went out"

FWIW I have never seen that many things fail at once. The chances are they do not all need replacement or some of them failed prior to 100K.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2010, 12:08 AM Reply   
Ryan,

One big question before I continue on, and might save you a big head ache, do you have over size tires on that rig?

I have a 2006 F 350 and have had minimul issues, egr, some leaks etc, but answer my question and I will give you my answer.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       02-11-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
FORD = Found On Road Dead
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-11-2010, 7:02 AM Reply   
Kevin, I am by no means a mechanic and just want to be educated, but how does having oversized tires cause "accelorator pedal, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, and fuel injector controll moduel" to go out. Could you please elaborate what tires have to do with his problems so others who may have the same issues are informed?

Thanks,
Moon
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-11-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
So...how can you not file lemon on that thing? I forget the specific qualifications, but at a glance, you more than meet the requirements.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-11-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
Kevin,

I would also like to know. I have 35's on my 06' 250. You have me a little nervous buddy.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       02-11-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
7.3-FORD, First ON RACE DAY! Sorry dude, that really sucks. I hope they do something for you. But at least your truck will stop, unlike some Toyota's!
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-11-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
Kevin- out of the factory it came with 33's on it. after I ran those down I put a 2.5inch leveling kit of the front and 35's on it.

J-Rod- The requirements for the lemon law is that the truck has to be under 18 months old, 18K miles, be in the shop for the same problem 4 or more times, and undrivable for like 30 days or something.

I read every peice of info on the lemon law that I could get my hands on. I may try to give someone at the BBB and Ford a call again. I really don't think that it will help being that the local Ford rep. looked at my 16 different work orders and said "o man that truck has a lot of problems, that sucks but we can't do anything for him".
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-11-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily

I have an 05 Excursion with the 6.0. Bought late in 04. I have not had that many problems, but I have thought that the dealership is breaking things, because I almost always have another problem immediately after it has been in the dealership. It has been far more problematic than I expect a diesel rig to be, but I expect a lot.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
Ryan,

If you have prrof of purchase date of the over size tires, and you have put many miles on it without getting the odometer calabrated, you will show more miles on the vehical than it actually has, I have 86K on my 06, and have had 35's on it since day 2, that is 8600 miles that are REALLY NOT on the vehical. So, if you can provide proof to ford that you never recalibrated the odometer, and you only have 100719 miles, you have a STRONG case.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-11-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Kevin,

You are thinking backwards. Oversize tires say you are going slower than you are; thus, putting less miles on the car. In reality, Ryan probably has many more miles on the vehicle than the 100719.
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-11-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
mark is right. my truck has 37's on reeds 55 when i'm doing 65. so for every 55 miles i really when't 65. over time it adds up fast
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
I have been wrong more than once in my life... At least I got people thinking, I am putting 50's on my truck till I hit 100K LOL.. Sorry
Maybe, put the truck on jackstands and run it full throttle in reverse and run the odometer backwards.

(Message edited by supra on February 11, 2010)
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-11-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
"I have 86K on my 06, and have had 35's on it since day 2, that is 86000 miles that are REALLY NOT on the vehical"

Kevin you right about that, but I think you are you've got it backwards. If you haven't recalibrated the odometer and you've got bigger tires then you've actually got more miles on the vehical then your odometer shows. I'm pretty sure the bigger the tires the less miles shown on uncalibrated rigs.

For Example
On a highway by my work there is a milage check for 5 miles (starts at 0 miles, 1 mile... all the way up to 5 miles). Instead of 31.5" tires I've got 33.5s and my dodge shows 46500.1 miles at the start. Lets say I've driven to mile marker 1, my rig now shows 46501.0. If my tires were recalibrated then at mile marker one I would've shown 46501.1. That means my odometer shows a tenth less then what I've actually driving. Hope this helps.

Halfmoon
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-11-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Looks like others got to the point while I was typing.

(Message edited by moon on February 11, 2010)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-11-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
I guess I just really want to know why you haven't traded that thing in yet?

Sucks, though. As far as I'm concerned Ford owes you a new truck, or a huge deal on one.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

Ted Nelson: What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-11-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Evan- I tried to about 3 months ago. I was going to buy a used 07 chevy 2500. 6 inch lift, 35's, rhino liner, tow bags, everything was done that I wanted to do. out the door it was going to cost me 47K. The dealer was going to give me 20K trade in on my truck so I needed to finance 27K. My credit score was 747 and I couldn't get a bank to give me a loan on my own with a reasonable interest rate. It just didn't work out. The banks said next year i'll be good to get one on my own.
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-11-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
F.O.R.D = First On Race Day

My 1997 F350 gazillion miles, only replaced battery, and $8 ignition silinoid.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-11-2010, 5:33 PM Reply   
I always thought it was:

Effed On Race Day
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-11-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
its a 6.0, guy thats the worst diesel motor ever produced, sry for your luck, i had 2 6.0's and sold them befor they hit 50k, i have a 2010 6.4 and its doin really well almost to 20k with no problems
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
Always thought it was F'ed Over Rebuilt Dodge.

Last one I had was a full sized Bronco. Trans sucked & got away from it ASAP.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-11-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
I have had the 2005 F350 V10 manual for 90+ thousand miles, pulling a Toy Box full of dirt bikes, quite often with full water tanks or my boat.
This truck is a beast and I cannot imagine a better investment.
Its my third Ford F350.
I'm sorry your having trouble, I was warned about the diesel and auto tranny from my salesman. I keep buying gas engines and manual transmissions and loving my trucks.
Ford trucks are freaking awesome!!
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       02-11-2010, 9:29 PM Reply   
Dang I miss Chris Farley...thanks for that Jason!
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-12-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
If a 5/6 year old boat had engine problems would it be covered by the manufacturer?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-12-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
47k for an 07 2500 Chevy is nuts. I bought my 09 2500 Ram New in 09 for under 36k. I didn't realize Chevys were that expensive.

Sorry to hear your bad luck with the Ford.
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-12-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
I always thought it was; Found On Road Dead?

anyway, 7.3L turbo 130k miles, 6 speed manual trans in an f250SD, with me pulling a boat around 30k miles a year, thats the way to go apparently. I did just talk to someone also having trouble with the 6.0, that stinks, sorry you're having trouble.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       02-12-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
I am just curious? Are you complaining about Ford trucks or the international 6.0 engine or about Ford not taking responsibility for the poorly designed international 6.0 engine? I think you are pissed b/c Ford is not standing by their choice of Diesel motors. Because really, the Ford truck; less the engine, I would guess is really a super solid truck. I would be pissed at Ford for not making this right. By the way, I bleed Ford Blue.
Old     (carter13)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-12-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
My 07 PSD had the oil pan gasket replaced at 36,000 miles which was one of the problems that plagued the early 6.0's. This repair was covered under the original warranty. Other than that it has been a great truck hauling my camper and boat all over the Northwest.
It now has 43,000 miles and counting.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-12-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
My 04 that I had was a POS. Ford gave the the extended warranty for free. I sold it with about 40k on it because it was constantly in the shop.

Now I have a 99 7.3 and love it.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-12-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
From my understanding International was not ready to bring this motor to market but their hand was "forced" by Ford to get back in the Diesel HP/Torque wars that GM and Dodge were starting to dominate. So you can complain about an International motor but it is in a Ford vehicle and it is their responsibility to take care of the issues.
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2010, 3:03 PM Reply   
Is the extended warranty from Ford?

At the very least, I would tell them you want your $2500 bucks back for the 200K warranty (since you are barely over 100K), fix it, trade it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-12-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
Dave- what makes me mad is that Ford is showing no care at all about keeping me and my family as a customer. At my parents boat dealership we once had a customer with a boat that was 1 full yaer out of warranty and Merc. still cover the blown out drive. thats some customer service there. My truck was 719 miles out of the warranty that would of cover parts and labor. Thats just plain poor customer service to me.

Also am a little mad at the dealer now too. You would think that after buying close to a million dollars in trucks over 5 years that the dealer would show a little customer service by covering the labor to fix the truck or something. I guess they don't care about a very well paying customer.

Bob- the warranty is from Ford.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-12-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Did anyone say Fix Or Repair Daily?
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-12-2010, 8:30 PM Reply   
"From my understanding International was not ready to bring this motor to market but their hand was "forced" by Ford"

Kinda but not really Chris. Ford forced the issues onto themselves.

International also uses this engine named VT 365. It uses the same block and heads as the Powerstroke with not even close to the same issues.

Problem was Ford needed a electronics system they could use with their current OBD Scan Tool and Diagnostic equipment without having specific tools from Navistar/International.

The Powerstroke used Ford injectors, turbo, EGR and its electronic system. This is where most of the problems are. Ford had limited testing on their end before the 6.0 was put into production (with Ford proprietary equipment) which has caused many customers headaches.

I know for a fact they have tested the hell out of the new 6.7 coming out. But im sure there will still be growing pains.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-13-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
I would have traded that lump o sh*t a long time ago.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-13-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Ryan, have you called the customer service number yet? If not don't wait and do it now. Make sure to tell them your family has a fleet. Let them know your extensive service history, and even ask them to look up your history. The more time they invest in you the more likely you are to get it covered.

Also make sure to let them know that many items did not fail in one shot and at least some of the failures were pre-existing. Do not say the warranty is over, keep insisting it needs to be covered under warranty. Write letters, and lots of them. Mail them to customer service and the dealer.

Read this article especially the last couple paragraphs.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?p=89007

Ford customer service. Seems there are two different ways into a live person.

800-392-3673 Press 0; at prompt press 0; at prompt press 0; at prompt press 1; at prompt press 0.

Phone:
800-392-3673

How to reach a live person:
Press 1 for English

Press 0 through the rest of the messages. Took me 5 times.

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM local time

Email:
crcfmc@ford.com

http://www.ford.com/about-ford/company-information/contact-ford
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
My wife works for Ford. Please continue to buy Ford products or I will not be able to buy a new boat.

Thank you.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-14-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
its sad the way ford took care of this massive problem. i guess they just cant afford to man up and fix the problem? that egr cooler is a joke. i love people that say i have 42,000 miles and have no problems. there were a few yugos that got that far. but not much farther. i have 245k on my 7.3 and look at as half life.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       02-14-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
My 6.0 has 123,000. Running good right now. I bought it with 120,000 on it. I owned it for the first month with it being in the shop all but 3 days. That being said I love this truck and that is why I decided to keep it. I have not had any problems since. The power is unbelievable.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-14-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
aj egr delete would be the first and only mod, unless you do head studs, then mod
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-14-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
I have 73000 miles on my '06 with no problems. I plan on replacing the egr cooler with an aftermarket one once the warranty runs out. I will probably replace the head studs also.

I have done extensive reading on this subject. Armed with this knowledge, I went to the Ford dealership in Grand Prairie and talked with the service guys. They didn't seem to want to acknowledge a problem. They do say that the scenarios that I describe make sense and are possible. I insisted that I am not trying to get anything out of Ford, I just want to do some preventative mods before I encounter a problem. Once they let their guard down a little, they suggested that I talk to a particular mechanic....but he seems to never be there when I stop by.
I really don't want to trade it in (although I do like the new Dodge diesels) because this one is paid for, and it's set up just the way I want it (back up cameras, nav, ipod, dvd, bed cover....etc....)

sorry that you're having trouble Ryan
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-15-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
95 f-250 broke 5 exhaust manifolds in 6 years. got rid of it and bought a Chevy. It was a good truck otherwise. People tell me it was prob running to lean. Regardless I traded it for a Silverado. If the chevy keeps breakin, then I think I'll try a Dodge. LOL
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-15-2010, 8:57 PM Reply   
Peter- I've wrote 2 letters to ford and called the customer service number 3 times. 2 calls they just made a document that I had a problem and 1 time i got to talk to some lady higher up at ford. she didn't seem to care about my families history with ford and the problems that i was having.

I will keep calling into ford but I don't think that it will help. Ford is a joke of a company in my book. Even if Ford gave me a new truck or motor or anytihng I wouldn't buy another Ford ever. I work too hard for my money to give it away to people that are going to treat me like this.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-15-2010, 9:52 PM Reply   
So your parents have no pull in this situation either? 1mil in trucks in 5 years is basically 4-5 super duties a year..
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-15-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
my dads the one that talked to the lady at ford for 2 hours. i'm being dead serious when i say that no one at the dealer or ford cares about it. we've done all that we can think of.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-16-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
Ryan,I would take your time and look for a 99-03 crew cab 4x4.The 7.3 might be loud and course but its one of the most reliable engines ever made and for the record the reason the 6.0 was rushed into production was emission regulations.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-16-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
Choice #2 would be a Chevy, but I'm still pullin with the F350 V10.

It sucks when local dealers are not held accountable by the manufacturer. How awesome would it be if Ford Corp. had a spine and called your local dealer and said "Fix that truck or else"

(Message edited by bfnaci on February 16, 2010)
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-17-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
First thing I would do is ask for a refund on the 200k warranty that you paid for, fix the truck, then trade it in for a different brand.

This is coming from a loyal Ford customer. I have an 06 that has been flawless, but you never really know. It's obvious you got a lemon, but honestly, you probably should have ditched it a while back when you saw the first signs of trouble. I know that's hard when you have been a long time customer with good trucks too.

Talk to the fleet guys at the dealer and let them know your Dad is switching to GM if you don't at least get a warranty refund so you can fix the truck.