Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (dc80)      Join Date: May 2009       05-17-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
I am looking for information on sleepaway summer camps for Children (15 years old). Most of the camps I find are geared more towards adults. Any tips on where to send teenagers for 2 to 3 weeks this summer would be great. Anywhere in the US is ok. I just would like tips and feedback as to where the more reliable and established camps are...

Thanks
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-17-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
west coast camps. both my daughters went at about 15 16 years old.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-17-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
I watched the video for West Coat Camps and when my kids are old enough, i'll be sending them. Looks like they do a fantastic job.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-17-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
I was 15 when I went to the wakeboard camp and had a great time, I wasn't the youngest there either.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
West Coast Camps for sure. I go every year and have sent several people over the years. They will live on a houseboat and the coaching and environment is wholesome and outstanding. Have them send you a free vid (I'm in it )
Old    benj_t            05-17-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
Definetly check out Adam Fields wakeboard school on Lake Gaston, North Carolina. Im 15 years old, I went last year and learned so much and it improved my riding tremendously. Adam is probly the nicest dude ever. Going to his wake school was one of the most fun things I have ever done. Im definetly looking forward to go back this year.

http://www.adamswakeboardschool.com/
Old     (erica_b)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-17-2009, 6:47 PM Reply   
Check out SoCal Wakeboard Instruction in southern California. Great coaching, unlimited riding, 2 coaches for every rider with great riding conditions all day long. Geared toward teenagers. www.socalwakeboardinstruction.com or give Brent a call at 951.757.6356 This is the 11th year the camp has been running.
Old     (dmc_napa)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-17-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
Not sure if you are in the West, the East or somewhere in the middle, but this will be my girls third year at West Coast Camps. Gi is 14 and Sofa is 12 (in two weeks) and West Coast Camps totally has my vote as a parent. The camp is an excellent environment for kids and offers and excellent wakeboarding and camping experience. Great coaching, positive and inspiring environment, plus the coaches are awesome!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2009, 10:54 PM Reply   
absolutely Erica....you guys are great....definitely check socal wakeboard instruction out too...(no bias

(Message edited by rnopr8 on May 17, 2009)

(Message edited by rnopr8 on May 17, 2009)
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-18-2009, 12:26 AM Reply   
www.bowlakewatersports.com All inclusive wakeboard camp all the riding you can get not just a two sets a day type camp. It's near Bellingham Washington.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-18-2009, 4:26 AM Reply   
If you're looking for somewhere in the midwest check out http://www.wakeboardingcamp.com/index.html
Gordy's camp is a great place and he is one of the nicest guys you'll meet. I'm not a teen but I have been there a couple of times just for the day to ride and the campers always look to be having lots of fun. I would have no problem sending my daughter there for camp.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-18-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
^^ I would agree!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-18-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
hansen's world wakeboard center is great for younger riders - especially during the summer sessions.