Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-03-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
Hey did anyone else see this in the new Wakeboard mag??
I think I heard Sean Murry talking about somthing like this year's ago? He was saying how someone should come out with somthing that stick's to your Wakeboard and tell's you how High/Far you went. Pretty cool
http://www.shadowboxlive.com/
Cant wait to hear how many people like it when they find out it cost's $449
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-03-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-03-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
Yea this invention is great!

Really the price isn't to bad.. If you go in on it with 1-2 people it's pretty cheap
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-03-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
I saw the prototype of this thing in action. When I first heard about the idea, I thought it was a cool novelty. After seeing it in action, it is clear that the Shadow Box could revolutionize the way that tricks are taught. The computer program records the exact path of the board. I think it will turn into an invaluable educational tool. It also looks like a heck of a lot of fun.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-03-2009, 10:58 PM Reply   
So could you tell if you came off edge slightly before hitting the wake or other things of that nature?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-04-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
we made fun of this earlier, but if it could help, who knows. Maybe it can give better feedback than my wife saying "your flippy spinny thing went weird"
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
The only thing that I don't like about it is that it measures the height of your board, right? To acurately measure height I'd think it'd have to be attached to something like your waist. Otherwise you could do a backroll and never leave the water and it'd say you were 5' high.

Other than that I think it's pretty cool.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-04-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Ya Evan, if it said your board was 12' high then it would be bragging rights. LOL I think it also shows the path of the board twisting so you would know the board is upside down on an invert.