Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-04-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
I have these bindings. They are the only bindings I have ever owned. I'm fairly satisfied with them, but I really don't have anything to compare them too. I have the size XL as I wear a size 12 shoe. When I first got the bindings they were super tight and hurt the feet. Normal I guess until they are broke in. Now, about a year later, they fit tight, are pretty comfortable, but I find my foot slipping forward in them on hard landings. Seems to happen every set. I find myself trying to pull, my foot back while I'm riding which only works sometimes. I do have them cinched down as tight as I can get them. Are these bindings wore out already? Or is this just expected for a mid level binding. I hope they aren't worn out. I have only had them in use for 4-5 months because of our shorter season. Only ride maybe twice a week on average.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-04-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
I had the same problem with 05 Alphas, I switched to Transits this year and they have much better hold down in my opinion. I rode the Alphas the other day and I can't believe that I used to think that they were such a great binding, they were good, but the Transits are great IMO. I would imagine that they may have stretched enough to let your foot slide forward. I have taken old bindings apart and tightened things up, but I am not sure if you can do that with Alphas.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
yeah i agree, i have both the 06 transits and alphas and by far the transits are better bindings. I feel the transits hold better, are more comfy, can be tightened to my comfort more easily than the alphas can. The alphas are still very tight on my feet ( weve been sticking baseballs and rolled up towels to help stretch them out ).
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-04-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
got same thing, same size foot, and i upgraded to ct watsons (ebay is wonderful!!!)
started off really tight but then they got waaay too loose and i hurt my ankle...

spend the money and get some 07s when the 08 stuff comes out on sale