Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-20-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
I looked it up a long while ago and can't find it now, but does anyone know what the brand of upholstery is in a 2004 X-Star? Need to get some seats re-upholstered and want to go with the same make.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-20-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
If I recall viper customs in Tennessee handles the MC vinyl material
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-21-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
If you're replacing the interior, do yourself a favor and get the 2011 vinyl installed instead. We replaced the 2004 interior on our X2 with that of a 2011 X1.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-21-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
Got a few pieces to replace on mine - thanks for the info guys.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
@ Shawn I have an 02 Xstar so same as your X2 and the engine cover vinyl needs replaced. Did you get skins from MC that were for the X1??? Was not sure if the hatch covers always stayed the same.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-21-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
Tamp,

The sizes are the same but the material is not close at all in texture or design. While it will be a direct fit colors will be off as the texture. Check out the new topic over on teamtalk in the vinyl section. A guy just had his 2000 Xstar in the newer material. It looks absolutely sick. Again thogh that older 2002 material is no longer available you have to match it close.

I had to have mine patched a while back as a buddy lost the handle of a wet board and it sliced through my rear corner cushion. The local shop matched it pretty close with a vinyl called capitano. Color match was perfect but the texture was slightly slightly different. The original MC vinyl was garbage and that is why its no longer available. I have since had my entire boat redone last spring with the Capitano. But after seeing the job on MC Teamtalk done to that 2000 XStar by viper customs I wish I had known that beforehand......I would have dome the Viper customs route
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-21-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
You can order skins from a newer boat, but they only keep skins 5 or 6 years back. I have an 03 x2 and needed my engine cover vinyl replaced. They changed the texture of the vinyl sometime after 2003, and I couldn't find a good match from mastercraft. I just went to a vinyl shop in town and had them do the work. I think it cost me $175. It's not an exact match, but it's pretty close.
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-21-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
@ Shawn I have an 02 Xstar so same as your X2 and the engine cover vinyl needs replaced. Did you get skins from MC that were for the X1??? Was not sure if the hatch covers always stayed the same.
Yes, the factory made them. The 04 X2 had the three-piece sunpad, not sure if the 02 Star had that or the one-piece....
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-21-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
plus 1 for viper customs 865-388-4096
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-22-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
3 piece sundeck started in 2001