Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-06-2013, 2:21 AM Reply   
On 26 Jan this year my daughter, Nicola, lost her best friend to cystic fibrosis. Nicola's sponsors, plus others, have kindly donated a whole bunch of gear that can be won for a minimum donation of $10. All proceeds will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in Orlando,with a view to helping eliminate a disease that kills so many young people. The donations so far have not been off the charts so the chances of winning some really authentic gear are fairly good. See link below and thanks in advance.

Sponsored set ups - CWB, Liquid Force, Ronix, O'brien, JOBE, BOOM headphones, Oakley product, Voda Trampboard

Winners picked March 17th

Link to donate - www.cff.org/tribute/ciannenaji
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-06-2013, 5:43 AM Reply   
Clan Campbell has stepped up. All three kiddos donated their chore money. Dad doubled it.

Peace now. Walk humbly with your God.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2013, 9:32 AM Reply   
Great cause! I would donate but I already do to the CF Center at Stanford. My cousin received her treatment at Stanford and they are working towards the same goal. Chris, tell Nicola her tribute to her friend was incredible and this fundraiser is awesome!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-06-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
Just donated. Such a great cause. Best wishes to everyone, and thank you to everyone who's adding to the pot.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       03-06-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
Great cause! I just donated as well.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-07-2013, 2:51 AM Reply   
Thank you to everyone who donates. Ci was just the most beautiful girl. The bravest person I've met.She never told Nicola in the end how sick she was as she didn't want Nicola to see her like that. When she died in hospital in Ireland her death came as a devastating shock. Nicola flew out to her funeral to say her goodbyes.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-07-2013, 4:31 AM Reply   
It was amazing what she did in the time she had. The amount of people she touched and who will miss her is astonishing and pays tribute to the person she was
Old     (NicolaButler)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-08-2013, 3:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for all your support guys.

It's been a really hard couple of weeks and I miss her every day. Even though her time here on earth was really short, she lived and loved with so much passion and she inspired so many people to do more with their lives. All that's left now is to celebrate the amazing life she lived in her short 21 years. I want to thank all the sponsors and industry support that has been behind this raffle and all the awesome prizes that they have put forward. She loved this sport so much and I know that she would be proud to see all this in her name.

Cianne heartbreakingly passed away 2 weeks before the launch of her spring/summer line of clothing through Breathe Boardwear. This was her motto.. I think we could all learn a little something from her:

"Breathe Boardwear is about being BOLD, BRIGHT, and getting NOTICED. Go BIG. Have some ATTITUDE. Feel COMFORTABLE and CONFIDENT rocking it in our kicks or shredding in our board shorts. I am PROUD to put my name to this brand because I know it's going to INSPIRE girls that ride everywhere to take their sport to the NEXT LEVEL and PUSH themselves, so they feel like they can and WILL stomp whatever it is they are trying to nail. WHERE EVER you are, WHATEVER you are doing and WHOEVER you are with, remember to appreciate what you are doing every single step of the way. BREATHE and remind yourself that THIS very moment in time is the only one you know you have for sure so OWN it.
Stop. Take a second.
JUST BREATHE."
- Ci

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-08-2013, 5:46 AM Reply   
Bump for a great cause, I have a friend who's husband has it. My donation is in.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       03-08-2013, 6:23 AM Reply   
Well said Ci and Nicola
Old     (Greg2223)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-08-2013, 7:02 AM Reply   
Such a great cause! She sounds like an amazing individual. I donated as well.
Old     (NotSure123)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-08-2013, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg2223 View Post
x2..
Old     (NicolaButler)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-08-2013, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg2223 View Post
Thanks Greg, she really was
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-09-2013, 1:01 AM Reply   
My best friend's Godson, who's a wakeboarder, has it. He's 18. He's lived in a Houston hospital the last 8 months and counting, trying to get healthy enough to attempt the first every triple transplant (lungs, liver, kidneys). He's gone from a pretty vibrant teenager to an 80 pound shell of himself. Its a heartbreaking disease to watch, I can't imagine living it.

My heart goes out to Nicola, Chris, and Cianne's family and friends.

Appreciate to the sponsors that donated goods as well. Donation sent.

Dusty
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-09-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
Dusty imagine how many stories there are like the one you just told? What breaks my heart is these kids lying in hospital dying. And they know they're dying, they must know. Sharing in that, having to watch it, must be unbearable. Living it, being so young and with a life that should be in front of you, is,as you said, unimaginable. Thanks for the donation.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-09-2013, 2:08 PM Reply   
Sweet pics.Nothing more precious than our children.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-09-2013, 5:05 PM Reply   
Donated. Hopefully everyone on WW can spare 10 bucks
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2013, 12:54 PM Reply   
Donated
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-10-2013, 1:17 PM Reply   
Gladly contributed as well.
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-12-2013, 9:11 AM Reply   
What an incredibly brave young girl - just so sad. Prayers go out to her family. Donated as well.
Old     (NicolaButler)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-14-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
Thank you so much everyone!!

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS to donate and enter into a chance to win a new setup for this summer!

www.cff.org/tribute/ciannenaji
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-17-2013, 6:32 AM Reply   
I came home fron work to find a box from Voda Trampboards on my porch. I recently ordered some stuff from Slingshot, and figured they just threw it in this box. I didnt even bother to open the box until I was getting ready for bed, and when I did I found a Voda Trampboard inside.

I called the phone number on the box and it was answered by an automated service from Square One distributing. I left a message about this Voda board that I never ordered, wondering if they sent it to me by mistake.

It wasn't until I got to work and was telling some friends about it, that I remembered donating to this great cause.

Now I need to go buy a trampoline.
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-17-2013, 9:33 AM Reply   
cool!
Old     (NicolaButler)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-17-2013, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnichols View Post
I came home fron work to find a box from Voda Trampboards on my porch. I recently ordered some stuff from Slingshot, and figured they just threw it in this box. I didnt even bother to open the box until I was getting ready for bed, and when I did I found a Voda Trampboard inside.

I called the phone number on the box and it was answered by an automated service from Square One distributing. I left a message about this Voda board that I never ordered, wondering if they sent it to me by mistake.

It wasn't until I got to work and was telling some friends about it, that I remembered donating to this great cause.

Now I need to go buy a trampoline.
Hey Paul!

Sorry I couldn't find you on Facebook and I didn't have your email so I couldn't contact you to notify you. Congrats on winning though and thanks for donating I'll be announcing the rest of the winners later this week.

Nicola
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-17-2013, 9:32 AM Reply   
Actually after watching a few videos of people jumping on a trampoline with these boards, I think I might just sell it. I think I'd have a better chance of getting injured on this board, then I would on the water. If anyone is interested pm me.
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-17-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
Auction it off and donate the money to the cause maybe????
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       04-19-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
I donated just because it is a great cause and won a Job Max 136. Picking it up at the Jobe tent at Wake Games, hopefully I can get Nicola to sign it for us (if it's cool with her sponsors). Stoked to put my wife on a new ride this year. Thanks to Nicola, Jobe and everyone who donated!
Old     (NicolaButler)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-21-2013, 10:54 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, my raffle was a huge success! We have 9 winners in total and I raised around $10,255 in total for the CF Foundation!! THANK YOU so much to everyone for all their support & all the industry support (CWB, Ronix, LF, Voda, BOOM, Jobe, O'brien, Oakley) - especially Breathe Boardwear & Orla Sheehan, none of this would be possible without them. Lots of exciting things in the works for this year and many years to come. This is just the beginning. I hope Cianne is smiling up in heaven

Winners are:

Jonathan Barham
Taylor Beckham
Nellie Hill
Joe LoCascio
Paul Nichols
Matt Steele
Shontell Crawford
Nicole Carroll

and should have the last one confirmed in the new few days. Thank you so much to everyone for donating and I hope you enjoy your prizes
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-21-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Well done. That's an amazing contribution.
Any step towards curing / treating CF is fantastic.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       04-22-2013, 8:09 AM Reply   
Good job everybody, it's days like this I'm proud to be on here.

Nicola, maybe make it an annual raffle? Hopefully it only gets bigger every year.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-15-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
Came home to a nice little gift on my front porch. I almost forgot I entered in the contest and got the stink eye from my wife when she pulled up and saw me pulling a new wakeboard out of a box!!! LOL. I'm so glad you ended up raising that much money. Even if I wouldn't have won any thing it was a great cause.
Attached Images