Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-25-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
Many of you know that the WWA Wake Park Worlds and the Camsur Riders Cup are going off in The Philippines this week. However, you might not know about the "Ultimate Rider" competition that's taking place as well and I think it's pretty cool.

For the first time ever, pro men riders will be collecting points to determine an overall winner of the entire event. The divisions that will be included will be the Pro Men Wakeboard division during the CamSur Rider's Cup (boat), the Pro Men Wakeboard division in the WWA Wake Park World Championships (cable), the Obstacles Only division during the WWA Wake Park World Championships (cable) and the Pro Men Wakeboard division of the CWC Rail Park Contest (Sesitec System 2.0). The rider with the most cumulative points in these four divisions at the end of the event will collect an additional $8,000 USD!

To keep you up on everything, we've got Austin Hair there reporting daily with all the happenings at http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2117. He'll also be one of the riders competing for the Ultimate Rider title, so let's wish him all luck!

You can also check out a live stream of the events at www.camsurwatersportscomplex.com.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-25-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
Forgot to ask, who do you think will win the Ultimate Rider title?
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
I dont know who is actually competing but if Rathy is I think he would. Hes a contest rider, hes really good at rails, and he always goes for it in contests..he doesnt just have fun and sees what happens like some of the best pros. It seems like hes more of a train guy
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-25-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
Tom Fooshee, Keith Lidberg, Andrew Adkison, or Nick Davies...
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2009, 6:47 PM Reply   
What? Austin is in the Philippines? He's a full time student. There's no way. Are you sure that's Austin? I don't remember a PI trip in the syllabus. I thought the tuition was a little steep this semester.
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-25-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
sam collins for the surprise victory
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-25-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
David, spring break a week late....lol
Old     (liquid_force24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-26-2009, 5:57 AM Reply   
nah BoBo isnt riding that well

my guess is between Tom who is riding off the hook atm

and Nicky D (who suprisingly is actually taking it seriously)
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-26-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Pretty cool format and venue. That would be a neat tour format if there were a couple of more venues that had boat, cable and winch.

Are there no woman riders?
Old     (drwakeair)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-26-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
Kyle's picks seem pretty legit to me, at least the first three. I haven't seen too much footage of Nick Davies' riding behind the boat so I can't match him up against the big guns.

Lidberg is super legit on rails and cable and seems to have the it in his riding ability to be able to throw down the hammers needed behind the boat.

Fooshee has sick spins and raley varietions off ramps and the wake. His cable riding is big and mad technical.

I've seen Adkison compete on the cable before. I doubt he will rank top 5, but he could place above some of the other riders. If he gets first in the boat then he should have a chance.

Webb, Henshaw, Rathy, Errington, and LaRiche would be other main contenders I can think of... if those guys are riding. I'm going to have to pick Webb for the overall number one spot though. Gosh, I am bored in class.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
I don't know the winch results outside of Austin's heat. JD 1st, Austin 2nd and Lidberg 3rd. Only one advanced to next round. They all 3 killed it. I would put JD in contention.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-26-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
Yep, Nick is pretty strong behind the boat. He took down Adkison twice last year in two contests. Honestly, the one weakness that I would say he has would be the winch jam.
If Jimmy is there, which I don't think he is, he would definitely be in my list of five because he has enough cable tricks to make it through that grouping.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-26-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
I would probably say lideberg as i know he shreds all three. Nick also is a heavy contender but i agree with Kyle the whinch jam will be his down fall...did anyone else see nicks backside 9 with 10 seconds left in the rails only jam last night on the webcast? i nearly had a fit.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-26-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
ah I didnt know Nick Davies or Fooshee were riding. They are definitely favorites, I could see Lidberg too
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-27-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
One more for Davies, Foshee or Lidberg.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-27-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
Dave- I thought this was the ultimate rider contest... SNOW- SKATE- SURF

http://www.ultimateboarder.com/event-athletes.php

Jeff Weatherall will be competing
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-27-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Al is there! Hope he's doin' good.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-27-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
How are the women doing???
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-27-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
Yeah, Jeff just emailed me about that one. Kind of lame that they don't include wake, so I'm not sure that would be the Ultimate Boarder.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-27-2009, 10:33 PM Reply   
Pro mens boat on now!
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-28-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
World Series- Behind the boat
Semi final results- Top 1 advances
Smith 98/ Lidberg 90/Collins81
Adkinson 94.75/Hair 93.75/Webb 65
Davies 91/ Hanson 90/C Bradley 89
Soven 100/ Foshie 90/ Watkins 80

Wakeskate semi finals
Finals will be Hanson, Harlos, Taylor and Pasture

Austin rode really well and ended up 5th. Andrew edged him out in semis. He also got 5th in wakeskate which really surprised him since doesn't get to train on wakeskate. Finals are Sunday.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-28-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Well I guess that answers everyones questions about how Nick is behind the boat, lol. Not that easy to take out contest machine T Hansen
Old     (blakehess1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
Tom and JD Webb are the only two left with a chance to win it. JD has 9th in boat and cable, Tom was 5th in rail park and boat. Tom is alive in Cable and JD is alive in Rail park and they are both in the finals of the obstacle only on the cable. Tom has a slight lead but JD really stepped up on the cable and beat tom head to head in the rail park. It has been fun to watch so far!
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-28-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
That should broadcast the PWT like this!!!
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-28-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
Thanks Mr Williams and Austin for the coverage. Will there be a photo gallery and videos.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-30-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
So who actually won the Ultimate Rider? Congrats to Deano for winning the boat comp.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-30-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
Tom Fooshee won
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-30-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
Nick Davies did good - winning cable and third in boat.