Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-08-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
i am sure this topic has been covered in previous threads and is archived but the individual who bought our VTX is worried about placing sack(s) in rear compartments for surfing because of a warning sticker on top of the hard tank that says to not place more than 75lbs of weight on top? i never really paid attention and never hesitated, or had any problems placing sack(s) back there.. he is worried about warranty issues and i wanted to know if any of you have had any problems with additional weight, beyond 75 lbs on your hard tanks in the floor? i have suggessted he remove tanks and plumb in sacks if he is so concerned, but he has informed me he doesn't really have the time or aptitude for a project like that? he is a good friend and satisfied with the boat otherwise.. any bad experiences in this area? and is the sticker just a warning to prevent a warranty claim? all input is appreciated.. thanks
Old     (5oclocksomewhere)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-08-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
I think as long as the hard tanks are full you would never have a problem, I have 450#ers on my VTX and never a problem , I have herd of people using 750s with no problems
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       05-08-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
I run 750# on top of mine no problem. just make sure you fill the hard tank first and drain it last. If hes worried about warrsnty just inform him to remove the sacs from the boat so the dealer never sees them.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-08-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
We use 750's with no problems, we did brace the plastic dividers though. Always fill the hard tanks first.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-08-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
same here
750's
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-08-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
I don't think you could get a 750lbs. sack in the locker of a VTX. As far as the weight, I have 300 lbs. lead in each locker and I can stand in them with no problem. I ran 400lbs. sacks in my '05 VLX for 260 hours and never had a problem.
Old     (alexr)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-08-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
we run 440's in there. today we actually forgot to fill the stock tanks first but everything turned out ok. which 750's do yall have? is there enough room for them to fill all the way?
Old     (stephen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
I have a 2007 VTX with the hard tanks in the rear lockers, and 500lbs sacks on top. I had the dealer do the install and they plumbed the sacks into the tanks so each work off the same switch and pump. It takes a little longer to fill that way, but knowing that the hard tanks are full before the sacks on top fill, is nice piece of mind.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-09-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
I've got the 750s in our VLX with the warning sticker. The obvious fix is to put a 0 after the 75 on the sticker. Otherwise, I try to make sure that I don't have the 750's very full without the built ins being full. I use simer reversible pumps for my 750s, so when I fill I turn them all on at once as the hard tanks fill much faster. When draining I tend to hit the 750s first for a couple minutes, then hit the built in.
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-09-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
How much weight do you guys run in the bow, with 750 in the rear? Do you still use the wedge?
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-09-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
about 400-500 as far forward as I can when the trunks are loaded