Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-28-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
Anyone out there happy with the fusion speakers that have the chromed cans or are tbe black painted holding up better??
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
I am a Fusion dealer and also carry other brands and I don't think they get any better. I would go with the black, although I have not experienced any probs with the chrome I just think the black is a safer bet. Good Luck!
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-28-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
my chrome ones are holding up fine. Bug splater is a problem on any speakers.. I got some speaker covers from screamin sacs. Couldnt be happier. no more bugs :-)
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-28-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
I do not have any experience with chrome speakers, but I surely do with Fusion racks.
I use my boat in a salt water environment and after only one year the chrome layer of the racks is peeling away. A total disaster. I also have a pair of Fusion racks without the chrome finish and after six months they got pitted in such a bad way that it was impossible to clean them. I have to say that after each session I wiped them down and I used from time to time a polish paste (not for the chromed version). In summary, I was really disappointed with the Fusion products (I also have their light bar and it is the same story). Monster Tower products surely do behave much better in salt water. Perhapes Fusion should warn the customers not to use Fusion products in salt water.
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-28-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
I forgot to say that I use rack and light bar covers all the time.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-30-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
Yup, chrome fusions are holding up killer.
Old     (sherminator)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-04-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
i've got the polished ones(04 i think) and i got them powder coated 2 weeks ago coz i got sick of polishing them to no avail