Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (masterwake1122)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-29-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Anyone ever do this? I had my boat sit in the water for about a month and it's a little grimey. I feel like pressure washing would be the easiest but don't want to do any damage. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks everyone!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-29-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
You can do it, but you will quickly find out if there are any blisters or air voids in your gel coat. If I were you I wouldn't do it if you are out of warranty.
Old     (wakezone804)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-29-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
They make a soultion callen On/OFF which is used for cleaning off water scumm. It works great. You can buy it at a local marine store or online. I have found the best way to use it is apply with a paint brush. The acis washes away the grime. Spray off with water then wax! Good luck...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-29-2010, 2:14 PM Reply   
^^^ starbrite also makes a hull cleaner. Main ingredient is oxcillic acid. makes cleanign scum/waterlines very easy. spray on, let sit, then just hose off.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-30-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
I hope you haven't pulled it out of the water yet and allowed it to dry! Twice as much work once the crap dries out. Pressure washing will not hurt the boat.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-30-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
TigeMike beat me to it, but would say it is 10X harder to clean after it has dried.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-30-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alans View Post
You can do it, but you will quickly find out if there are any blisters or air voids in your gel coat. If I were you I wouldn't do it if you are out of warranty.
If your gel coat is that bad I'd say it might have come off by now doing 45 across the lake? So long as you keep your presure washer a few inches away from the hull it will do a reasonable job of removing scum?
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-30-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
ive pressured washed the hull many times and works great
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-30-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
I used this Nuhull last year and WOW. Simply spray on and wash off...good as new! No elbow grease required.

Here's a link...

http://nuhull.com/
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Never tried it but it seems like it would work fine. Hull cleaner, an old mop & a garden hose do the trick too.