Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-01-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
New vid of the 13 xstar and Rusty slaying it courtesy of sbcwakeboard.

What a great year for the towboat industry with the G23 and XStar

http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...-Trial-By-Fire
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-01-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Crunchy beats, bro!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-01-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
Man, that three where lets go of the rope at1:03 is sick
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-01-2012, 2:06 PM Reply   
Whomp, whomp, whomp!
The new X-Star might have questionable/tempermental wake and look pretty ugly, but that's one badass video.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-01-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
Per usual no wake shots just lots of power turns n d ups. Too bad mc doesn't have their boats as dialed as their videos these days

That riding was sick tho

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-01-2012 at 2:27 PM.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-01-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
Very cool
Attached Images

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
Wow, that was crazy cool.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-01-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
Doesn't make me want a black XStar with lime interior any less!!! Love that boat.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-01-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
Green Vinyl, mmmmm. I must say, it looks really good in person. The tooling in the mold of the boat is incredible too.

From my time in the boat and at the tour stop on Saturday, I could not see anything tempermental about the wake.
Attached Images

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Per usual no wake shots just lots of power turns n d ups. Too bad mc doesn't have their boats as dialed as their videos these days
^I agree...
I know this isn't where this thread is supposed to go (as it's a cool video and Rusty's riding is insane), but this is an interesting perspective on the wake through a hit, off a very straight line.

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-01-2012, 4:44 PM Reply   
Cool vid, but definitely raises some questions about the wake!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-02-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
Look at the distance travelled by rusty in the air
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-02-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
Is that dub step music playing in that video? God I hate that crap. Almost as much as I hate neon colors and douchey bandana's.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-02-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
I saw more Rockstar advertising than X Star? What boat?
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-02-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
Yes it's dubstep. I liked it actually.
I like the video. It's well edited.
Rusty killed it.
The double ups looked great.

Blah blah blah.

There are no clear shots of the wake, except one, which shows wash to one side which is in keeping with what eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery one has been saying.

They NEED to fix that!

I swear this funking boat needs to get a break, and go hide. In all honesty they really shouldn't release this thing. In a sea of controversy. And remains there.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-02-2012, 3:43 PM Reply   
People will buy it regardless of wake. People will buy the x-star as long as it pulls tubes. That's all I see behind the stars on my lake...
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-02-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Is that dub step music playing in that video? God I hate that crap. Almost as much as I hate neon colors and douchey bandana's.
You don't know what it is - but you hate it?

Sounds like one of your friends told you to hate it.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-02-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
Since dub step Has been brought up I too can't stand it....

However bangarang is a freeeeeekIn jam
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...R3_ATwl0zi6lXA
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-03-2012, 12:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
You don't know what it is - but you hate it?

Sounds like one of your friends told you to hate it.
Greeeaaaaat! How many peeps on this forum just regurgitate something they've heard from someone else and pass it on as their own thoughts: MHunter, LR3w8brd, XStarRider, I could go on..
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-03-2012, 4:11 AM Reply   
Do you prefer MLA or APA citations?? Just wanted to know for future posts.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-03-2012, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Do you prefer MLA or APA citations?? Just wanted to know for future posts.
Most of academia uses APA, please ensure all citations are from peer-reviewed sources resulting from double-blind studies.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-03-2012, 6:31 AM Reply   
I wasn't going to comment on this thread but since troy called me out here you go.
The riding in the video is spectacular. But its a video who knows how many attempts were made before they got the money shot. Unlike the G videos they still dont showcase the wake . I still believe its a temperamental wake sometimes good sometimes not so good. MC is doing their best to offset all the negative publicity its received so far.
There is still a lot of doubt about this boat despite the many pros doing big tricks and giving testimonials for it.
From what I have seen so far it wont matter that much people will just make excuses for it and they will still sell their quota because of the name.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-03-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
I wasn't going to comment on this thread but since troy called me out here you go.
The riding in the video is spectacular. But its a video who knows how many attempts were made before they got the money shot. Unlike the G videos they still dont showcase the wake . I still believe its a temperamental wake sometimes good sometimes not so good. MC is doing their best to offset all the negative publicity its received so far.
There is still a lot of doubt about this boat despite the many pros doing big tricks and giving testimonials for it.
From what I have seen so far it wont matter that much people will just make excuses for it and they will still sell their quota because of the name.
Mission: Bait Mhunter

I thought we were past the wake thing by now Michael. You are now flogging a dead horse and need to turn the page on this line of reasoning. Maybe, unlike the G, the XStar is not insecure and does not constantly feel the need to showcase its wake. Maybe, unlike the G that shows good wake vids with lousy riding, the Star says "screw that, people want a good wake FOR good riding, therefore, let's show how good our wake is by showing big tricks..."

Never since Zane started riding a fat waterski and doing flips has so many new tricks been landed than behind the new Star. Let the G show all the wake vids it wants, the proof is in the riding.

What negative publicity? 3 losers on Wakeworld who can't afford one anyways?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-03-2012, 8:00 AM Reply   
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-03-2012, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hey Troy all that talk and preaching where's your new xstar? I mean you obviously are a 28 year old financial success and all this preaching about your money like you don't have to lift a finger to work or this and that. Cutting a check for a 6 figure xstar should be nothing right? Well come on man lets see it, go buy one since they are the best boat ever in the whole world and show us for yourself and take all the talk and chest puffin out of it. Dont talk about it be about it
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-03-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
*you're (Im sure you'll try to correct some of my grammar with your ungodly witts and knowledge so let me correct at least that portion)
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       08-03-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
Mission: Bait Mhunter

I thought we were past the wake thing by now Michael. You are now flogging a dead horse and need to turn the page on this line of reasoning. Maybe, unlike the G, the XStar is not insecure and does not constantly feel the need to showcase its wake. Maybe, unlike the G that shows good wake vids with lousy riding, the Star says "screw that, people want a good wake FOR good riding, therefore, let's show how good our wake is by showing big tricks..."

Never since Zane started riding a fat waterski and doing flips has so many new tricks been landed than behind the new Star. Let the G show all the wake vids it wants, the proof is in the riding.

What negative publicity? 3 losers on Wakeworld who can't afford one anyways?
^ Ditto... One observation is that its the same people that insist on discussing the wake and stive to keep the debate alive . Lets move on!!

The riding is down right rediculous. I agree that MC has always produced great vids that showcase the boat and rider.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
^ Ditto... One observation is that its the same people that insist on discussing the wake and stive to keep the debate alive . Lets move on!!

The riding is down right rediculous. I agree that MC has always produced great vids that showcase the boat and rider.
Sorry, this isn't meant directly to you as it gets mispelled by more people then not but I just can't take it anymore. Why can't anybody spell ridiculous. No E damnit. No E.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-03-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
''From what I have seen so far it wont matter that much people will just make excuses for it and they will still sell their quota because of the name. ''
Old     (jake23l)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-03-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
I haven't heard of MC getting bad publicity except for a few folks on here. Just because the wake quality and temperament is a little unknown at this point doesn't mean it is. I think people need to pump the brakes a little (on both sides) until more than a handful of people have seen and experienced the wake. All this back and forth is exhausting.

Back to the topic... this video is SICK! I always thought Rusty was a cool dude but this video makes him look like the biggest bad@$$ in all of wakeboarding. The boat looks awesome, love the color scheme. And that handle pass.... forget 1080s, I want to see more moves like that. Props to the marketing guys at MC for making a great vid, I wish it was longer.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-03-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
I think Rusty is an awesome guy & rider, killer video. It was old a long time ago with the battle of the G & Xstar and their wakes, looks, etc.

Im not attracted to brown hair girls...does that mean theyre not great or unattractive?? No, just means I for some reason have a different preference.

Same thing about this whole boat debate. Lets put it to rest and get out on our own boats, enjoy time with our families & shred away (even if that means wakesurfing or tubing).

Not sure what post I made that had me included in the mhunter & Troy grouping??

But I would sooo...take a Lambo over a Ferrari. Both fantastic cars...just preference my friend.
Old     (wakeboy01)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-03-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
Rusty is a BEAST!!! Awesome vid in regards to editing, music, and enticement (sp?). My jaw dropped watching the no hand handle pass... twice.

I agree though all I could think of during this video was "okay double up... and another double up... and oh... a double up"... sure makes a sweet "go big" video but didn't impress me. My parent's deckboat throws a sick double up too =X
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-03-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
But I will say that I like the Xstar with the graphics on it vs just the word Xstar like the white & orange one
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-03-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
I think Rusty is an awesome guy & rider, killer video. It was old a long time ago with the battle of the G & Xstar and their wakes, looks, etc.

Im not attracted to brown hair girls...does that mean theyre not great or unattractive?? No, just means I for some reason have a different preference.

Same thing about this whole boat debate. Lets put it to rest and get out on our own boats, enjoy time with our families & shred away (even if that means wakesurfing or tubing).

Not sure what post I made that had me included in the mhunter & Troy grouping??

But I would sooo...take a Lambo over a Ferrari. Both fantastic cars...just preference my friend.
Well said Sir!
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-03-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
Hey Troy all that talk and preaching where's your new xstar? I mean you obviously are a 28 year old financial success and all this preaching about your money like you don't have to lift a finger to work or this and that. Cutting a check for a 6 figure xstar should be nothing right? Well come on man lets see it, go buy one since they are the best boat ever in the whole world and show us for yourself and take all the talk and chest puffin out of it. Dont talk about it be about it
Fact is I can neither take delivery of a Star or G until fall which pisses me off but I still love my 210 but I've spent about 75% of my time this year on my buddy's X25 which to me is a stellar boat.
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sooooo.... If a rider sponsored by nautique says the G is the greatest thing ever its gospel but a rider sponsored by MC says the same about the Star AND there is new tricks to back it up you are skeptical? Am i the only one who sees the hypocrisy in that?
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
Can we just agree to disagree. It is obvious that this board is not capable of having a discussion about these 2 boat without turning it into a pissing contest.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-03-2012, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboom12 View Post
Sooooo.... If a rider sponsored by nautique says the G is the greatest thing ever its gospel but a rider sponsored by MC says the same about the Star AND there is new tricks to back it up you are skeptical? Am i the only one who sees the hypocrisy in that?
You're not the only one...
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-03-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
It is what it is . If you dont see any inconsistencies with the new star that's your opinion and your welcome to it . I doubt anything either of us has to say about it will change anyone's mind .
Old     (wakeboy01)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-03-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Can we just agree to disagree. It is obvious that this board is not capable of having a discussion about these 2 boat without turning it into a pissing contest.
I blame the republican party
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-04-2012, 4:44 AM Reply   
Headbanging, thats all this is, headbanging.Like kids on a playground .Recess is over back to class(wakeboarding)!!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-07-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
I heard the Xstar is goin to start rolling out with these trailers for all their boats lol

Totally kidding guys...just looks weird on their shop trailer.

Sick looking boat though!!!

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-10-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
Not sure if this is the same video of Rusty rippin behind the star...looking at this photo on my phone.

Does he have something wrapped around his wrist to the handle so when he lets off he doesnt lose the handle?

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-10-2012, 6:28 PM Reply   
^ Not sure how that would work, he is spinning an osmosis 5. If he had something attached to his hand it wouldn't be osmosis, and he wouldn't be able to spin 5 unless it was ole.

Last edited by Jmaxymek; 09-10-2012 at 6:30 PM. Reason: Checked back with video for trick verification.