Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2014, 5:22 AM Reply   
I have a 2002 Calabria Pro-V. Got the 700# pure vert and I've got the 750's for the rear lockers. Im ordering the johnson reversibles for the 750's and was wondering if anyone on here has plumbed in bow weight and how . Theres a thread over on the malibucrew forums of an install id like to do just not sure how much bow weight i need. Does anyone on here have a calabria? Would a flyhigh w717 fill enough? ( its 690# not sure how much id get out of it )

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...llast-install/
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-09-2014, 6:46 AM Reply   
I've got an 07 team. With the hull length ballast full and fwd fuel tank it already has enough bow related ballast IMO. Our wakes tend to be rampy already and more bow weight will keep it goin that way. With your extra weight out back it'll probably give you a little bow rise, which is needed when the Cal is weighed down. I'd be hesitant to put any more weight up there though......it may negatively change your wake.

I know you weren't asking if you should or shouldn't add it, but more of a how did you. Just thought I'd share my thoughts.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
I was really thinking id only use it when surfing. We just got started at the end of the season surfing, and didnt really get a good setup figured out. With the stock 700 and one of the 750s full and our bolton gate we could surf ropeless but we were often really close to the platform. How do you weigh yours for surfing?
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       01-09-2014, 7:24 AM Reply   
I throw a 400 lb sack in the walk through for surfing. Not sure how to plumb it in though.

Last edited by malibumatt; 01-09-2014 at 7:27 AM.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2014, 7:42 AM Reply   
Did you check out the link? I was thinking i could do something close to that... have a hose that i could run to wherever i wanted to throw a sac in the boat. Whether it be a bow sac or a walkway sac or even a floor sac. You could drill a hole in the seat base up front and just keep the excess hose in the storage compartment, pull it out to the spot for the bag when you needed it. I dont know, all i know is that i want to eliminate the pumps over the side its just aggravating as hell.
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-09-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
I have a team-v and for surfing regular here is my setup:

Port: internal ballast full at 550lbs
Port: fly-high in ski locker at 500lbs
Starboard: internal ballast 1/2 full at around 300lbs
Starboard: 6 batteries
Bow: slim 260lbs

Trim tab 3/4 up

It surfs great
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       01-09-2014, 4:53 PM Reply   
Goofy

Port Internal:350
Starboard internal: 350
Starboard locker: (2) 400 sacks
Walk through: 400

I did the (2) 400 sacks because the lengths fit perfect.

Trim tab 3/4 - all the way

Nothing over the side would be sweet I just cant get myself to drill a hole in the bottom of the boat.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2014, 6:09 PM Reply   
Ill let you know how it goes once I do it.......if I can bring myself to do it. They say after the first one its easy.