Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-18-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
Jsut curious if trading your boat after a couple of years is the norm? I've been watching and seeing alot of people trade theirs in alot. Do you guys go back to the dealer with a chunk of change for a new DP since you are most likely upside down.

Me personally I am attached to mine since she is my first..but I know so time down the road things will change..
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-19-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
I have no plans to flip mine. However, I've heard that average boat ownership is 3 to 5 years.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-19-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
I take good care of my 89 2001 SN, which I purchased new. I plan on letting my 14 year old take it out alone soon. I think I might have a harder time letting go if I had a new $50K boat.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-19-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
I think what you see a lot of is people buying boats that they quickly outgrow, either because of talent or just plain envy. Typically people have a starter boat, then after a few years, upgrade to a nicer boat.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-19-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
Another type of person just has to own the latest car/truck/boat on the market and money is not a big deal to them. They are not upside down and I am sure many own them cash outright. The trade in may cost them more money than selling it on their own but the time and hassle savings can be well worth it.

Do I get a cookie?