Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-31-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
WOW! I am overwhelmed by all the support I have from my family, friends and the wakeboarding community. I'd like to actually be typing this by myself but unfortunately I still don't have full range of motion in my arms and hands but it is getting better every day. (My mom and dad are helping me post this). You COULDN'T believe my surprise when my dad showed me Dave's article and the long list of posts on the discussion board. I'd like to personally thank Jen Brewer and her husband Jerry, Dave Williams, Tom Bugg, and Mike Cooper. Reading all of your posts has touched me deeply and I am drawing strength from your encouragement and hope. Every day I am seeing improvement. Wakeboarding has been one of my major lifelines and has always challenged me to improve and progress. It has given me an opportunity to meet awesome people and make long-time friends. Thanks again for all your prayers, love, e-mails and support. They will help me get better. My promise to you is that I will never give up. I will keep you updated on my progress. (See picture).

With love,
Danny Dean
Danny Smiling From Hospital
Old    ffuheisor            01-31-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
Hi Danny,
This is Rosie Huff ur cousin and I know that u will be out there going big again! I am praying for you every night and I no that our whole family is! I miss you so much and wish that I could see u more often! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!I LOVE YOU AND UR FAMILY! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I HOPE THAT U KNOW THAT!I am so sorry that this accident happened. I LOVE U! I LOVE U DANNY! I CAN'T EVEN EXPLANE HOW MUCH I LOVE U AND UR FAMILY ARE ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS! I LOVE YOU!
LOVE U!
ROSIE HUFF
Old    marshmellow            01-31-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
Hey Danny,
I hope you get of the hospital soon.
This is Rosie's friends Lexie I hope you get well soon.
Sincerely,
Lexie
Old     (tige07)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-31-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
im praying for ya danny, god bless and hope to see you ride again soon
Old    zclark            01-31-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
Praying for you man. We all go down every now and then, but getting back up follows. Now its your turn to get back up...good luck, God bless, positive thoughts. Can't wait to read about you ridin again soon!
Old     (655mac)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-31-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
May God Bless you & your entire family. Things happen for a reason & I'm sure something good will come out of this.My prayers are with you.
Old    queen_of_sheba            01-31-2004, 11:47 PM Reply   
Hey Danny,
This is your sister. We just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We know that with your faith and your strength you can overcome any trial sent your way.
How wonderful it is to read all the posts of people who share your passion for life. What a powerful message of love and care they send.
Thank you to Danny's friends, Natalie, Mom and Dad for being there when other's aren't able to.
Also, Danny, I told Sheba her "boyfriend" was addicted to hospital food and wouldn't be coming to visit us for a while. She said to give a bunch of sloppy wet kisses. )
We love you!!!! Stay strong.
See you soon,
Mindy and Gary
Old    tombugg            02-01-2004, 5:34 AM Reply   
Danny,
Great post! Seeing you Thurday was an insperation. There is now need for thanks to me. I am fully confident that you will recover fully. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Tom Bugg and Family
The AWA
Old    obsurfer            02-01-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
Hi Danny wishing you the best. The water well feel alot warmer when you are back in it. My prayers are going out for you.
Old     (seahorse)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-01-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
Hi Danny...Wishing you all the best in your recovery! We're pulling for you here in Wisco!

Keni and Jayson
The Board Shop
Lake Geneva, WI
Old     (sarah147)      Join Date: May 2002       02-01-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
Hey Danny,
I'm writing this in blue and green because the taught us in nursing school that these colors have a soothing effect and aid in healing. \cyan That's totally funk, I know, but apparently studies have shown it. So}keep looking at this post. It will help you get better faster. Actually, I just discovered that you can post in different colors, and as you know, I'm way entertained by the simple things (remember how excited I got over Jason's perfect nipples at Roosevelt that one butter morning you were barefooting? His nipples made my day. LOL. Oh, yeah, that was the same day that Jason's sister was wearing that life-jacket that was way too big for her and someone said she looked like a hunch-back out there, and Russle said "Dude, don't say anything to her. She's really got tuberculosis!" Remember that time you hurt your hand and we went to the urgent care, and had a hard time finding a place to park with the boat, and I said, "Well, last time I just parked over there, and whoever was with us was like "Last time?" How many times have you been here?" Then was when I realized that with all the people I've pulled over the last few years, going to the Urgent Care from the lake was just part of the routine. Head cut open here, hand caught in the rope there, it's all in a day's riding. What's so unusual about having reserved parking at the Urgent Care? Duh!!!!

I hope you're laughing at all of this, because the study of gelatology has revealed that
laughter releases immune elements into the blood, which aids in healing, it increases your cells capacity to absorb oxygen, releases endorphins into your body which are the body's "natural morphine" (for reals, the chemical composition of endorphins is really close to that of morphine), and in the relaxation phase of laughter, it lowers your blood pressure and heart rate, so it's really true that laughter is the best medicine. With that being said, how about if whoever reads this posts their favorite joke for Danny. Make sure it's not a joke that degrades anyone, because apparently the healing properties are null if it's negative or sarcastic humor.

Heal up soon, Danny. We must get my wakeboarding puppet well (said in a psycho voice). You see, I live vicariously through your talent. When I tell you to try a new trick, and you try it, and you land it, I feel a RUSH go through my veins as though it were ME!!!! Waaaaa haaaa haaaa haaa haaaa!!!

I'm praying for ya, man.

Love Sarah

}

Old     (sarah147)      Join Date: May 2002       02-01-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
P.S. Vinney & Power say hi.
"What up, yo?  Long time no lick, man."
"You know what I like about you, Danny?  Your crotch is at optimum sniffing level."
Old    shirows            02-02-2004, 2:16 AM Reply   
Hey Man

Nice to read you.
be strong and keep your good mood.

take care
Old    starving_actor            02-02-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
Danny,
Hey man. This is your cousin Joel dropping you a line. I'm so glad there is so much information about you on the web. This site has answered all the questions I had. It's easy to get information on star though I guess. There is such an outpouring of support for you that you must not be loser at all. You must be doing something right. I'll always remember our trip to Lake Powell after your mission. I still tell my friends about my cousin that can go so huge on a wakeboard. I often think what a kick ass snowboarder you would be. You are so talented with your body and I believe you will not allow yourself to remain in your current condition. I'm definitely in your corner man and I just want you to know that. I'm happy to read your message posted on this board. Your attitude sounds great. Anyways, fight the good fight and be strong.
Love,
Joel Huff
Old    pureride540            02-02-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
Hey Danny. Let me just say how bad I feel for you. I know what its like to get hurt pretty seroiusly doing something you love. I tore all the ligaments in my knee last summer wakeboarding and I just had surgery a few weeks ago. It always hurts to hear about someone gettin injured in the wakeboard community, and my thoughts and the thoughts of all the other riders here go out to you, your family, and friends. Keep strong and remember that you can do anything as long as u try.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-02-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
Once again my prayers are with you and your family. Get better man. It's awsome to see the support of the wakeboarding community and hopefully our thoughts and prayers will help you recover as quickly as possible. God bless.
Old    tombugg            02-02-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
Danny, I am not sure if you are getting your e-mails so here is some good words from our boy Francis;

"Hey Danny hope you get better soon! I'll be praying for you and a speedy
recovery. Give me a call and when I am in Pheonix again I'd like to stop by.
I am ready to ride when you are! Best Wishes! Doug and Becky let me know if
there is anything I can do.

Brian Francis"
(I did not want to leave his Number on here so give me a call and I will get it to you. Hope to see you soon.)

Mike or Tom can you please fw this to the Dean family for me. Thanks

(Message edited by tombugg on February 02, 2004)
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-02-2004, 10:35 PM Reply   
I'll give you some advice from my football coach back in the day:

"Just rub some dirt on it and get back in there!" :-) So we'll see ya back going big in no time. And man...you one lucky guy w/ all these people praying for ya....cause I know it makes a difference! I'll add another one up to the Big Guy for ya!
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-03-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
Danny,
The whole gang here at Surfside is pulling for you. I personally know someone who suffered from a very similar injury about 13 years ago, she was in her 40s then and lives a great life now with no effects from it. Matching medical technology with your strong will all have mentioned and just realize that the time is the only thing that you must wait for until you can be back on the water soon.
Dan
& Surfside Boat Center
Old    cdn_wkbrdr            02-03-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
Best of luck. get well soon!

From Canada
Old    sshamo            02-06-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
Danny,
We're still routin for you and hoping things are coming along.

Stephanie and Joshua
Old    mshamo            02-06-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
Danny
--I just wanted to wish you the best of luck. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such an inpiring person to me, and i look up to you so much. Keep on Truckin, i know you will be back out there very soon, tearing it up! We love you!

--Marianne }}
Old    road_hawg            02-06-2004, 10:44 PM Reply   
Danny Dean’s Dad here again. Since I haven’t been able to get to get my laptop fired up in the last few days to access the web, I just wanted to post an update on Danny’s condition/ progress.

GREAT NEWS: After 11 days of little or no below-the-chest muscular improvement; on Thursday Danny found he can move his left leg a few inches!!! He has some new-found limited command of his quadriceps!

Also on Thursday, Danny was moved from Scottsdale Healthcare Medical Care Center to downtown Phoenix to the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital for rehabilitation. This facility has one of the best reputations in the nation for spinal injury rehab. They really know their stuff. Danny’ still in excellent spirits.

I gotta dash for now but once again, Danny and his family are, indeed, grateful for all your kind and continual support for Danny! It’s working!!!!

Doug Dean
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-08-2004, 2:10 AM Reply   
Danny-

Keep working man, we are all praying for you! Thanks for the updates Mr. Dean, we really appreciate them.
Old    jln309            02-09-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
danny, hey its jennifer "whats up?" (oh wait dont answer that!!) i was shocked to hear what had happened to you. blair told me last night...i dont know what to say except for the fact that i miss talkin to you (but i dont worry im not mad, i totally understand!) i am so happy that we got to spend that day out on firbird lake together, it was special then, but is even more special to me now, im so lucky that i got to spend one last time with you before this accident. why do good things have to happen to good people? ...you are so geniun and just an all around great guy, i miss the simple "hi" you used to give me...even just over text messaging on my phone. i miss you so you better hurry up and heal already! please just know that god works in mysterious ways and that i will be praying for you.
with love, jennifer

P.S.- your dad freakin rocks! keep the updates comming!
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
Glad to here Danny has some muscle control below-the-chest now, keep the updates coming Douglas we havent forgotten.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-10-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Hello All!

Danny here. Just thought I'd give everyone an update: (My dad is typing for me). I didn’t think this post would last this long. Thanks for all your love and support and prayers. IT’S WORKING! Good news: I have more movement in my left foot. I am able to wiggle my toes and I can bring my foot upward at the ankle. With the right positioning I can also lift my left heel up off the bed. The hospital staff is great and they’re taking good care of me. I do have a lot of night-time disturbances but the therapy is going well and I can tell it’s going to help.

To all who know me personally and have posted on this site: I lost my cell phone a couple weeks ago so I need your phone numbers: i.e. Tom, Jennifer, Katie, Mike…..and whomever else. So please call me.

To Mike and Tom: After 3pm is a good time for me on Friday. Please call and confirm.

I will have my dad post some pictures soon. I will keep you posted in the future. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers!!!!

Danny Dean
www.enemyofevil.com

(Message edited by board4food1 on February 10, 2004)
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-10-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
Danny, that's a great sign that you are on the road to recovery. As I posted above, I have a friend that was told he would never walk again but now he's back riding BMX bikes, dirt bikes, and this year learned to wakeboard and wakesurf. It's a long road and a lot of hard work but it sounds like you have great family and friends to support you.

Best wishes on a full and speedy recovery!
Old    sshamo            02-10-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
Danny-
Joshua and I are flying in town for a day -- we'll be calling you to see if we can stop by. It sounds like you are making great improvements. Keep up the great work!

Stephanie and Joshua
Old    motoxxx02            02-11-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
Stay strong buddy,it's a good thing all these people are praying for you, it really does too, your in my prayers too (even though im not as close to you as some of these other people are)

cody
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-14-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
Hey Danny,
My name is leo and im a wakeboarder from Louisiana. I heard what happened and I am trully sorry. I just learned inverts last year and am working on the tantrum. I am dedicating learning the tantrum to you in hope that you will recover. Keep up the work and know that you are in my prayers.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-14-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
Mike Cooper, Tom Bugg, and Walt Chantler stopped by my hospital room on Friday, the 13th of February. It turned out to be a very lucky day for me. In they walked, bearing gifts from all of you great friends from AWA and on WakeWorld.com. This put a huge smile on my face. The gifts they presented to me were made possible by a fund-raiser on my behalf. Mike, Tom, & Walt presented me with a Play Station 2, 7 - PS2 games, 2 wireless controllers and a memory card. I am overwhelmed with the wonderful gifts and your generosity. I want to give a special thanks to all who contributed. You made my day, week, month and year! You eased my pain and took my mind off my everyday hospital routine.

I have great news! My neurosurgeon, whom I have the utmost faith in and respect for, came and visited me on Thursday night, February 12th. He spent several minutes assessing my muscular control progress, like the movement in my left leg and my left arm, etc. With a pleased look on his face and in a sincere manner he said to me, “My friend, you’re going to walk again,” but what I heard was, “My friend you are going to wakeboard again.”

I realize it will not be an easy road or a quick journey. I am willing to put in the hard work and I promise not to slack off.

I am so grateful for all who have been concerned about my well-being. I can’t say thanks enough for the overwhelming support and thoughtfulness of everyone who has had me in their thoughts and prayers. Thanks again for your encouragement and support! I would love to hear any/all of you. Your messages are like “food” to me.

Danny Dean
(602) 406-7291
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-15-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
that Great News Man .glad to hear you will come out of this OK..

Good luck and speedy recovery Br0 !..see you on the water soon :-)
Old    whitechocolate            02-15-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I don’t personally know Danny but have been watching this thread, and posted early on. I saw he posted his phone # and wanted to call him and just say Hi and give him my best. I wanted to let everyone know who doesn’t know him and is afraid to call like I was that’s it is cool to call and check in. Danny is a cool guy and was up beat and was excited to talk, it was great talking with him. Ill keep checking back in, I’m sure he would like to hear from everyone, Just use common sense, when calling ya know don’t call late ect. Even though Danny seems like the kind of guy that wouldn’t care whenever ya called, He is in AZ so just be aware of the time difference, Danny Dean hot line (602) 406-7291

Take care Grant
Old    buttacup            02-16-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
I talked to Danny today very briefly (he was just starting a PT session) but he sounded really good. Danny is very gracious and thankful for everyone who contributed to the PS2, the games, memory card and controllers. I could tell by his tone of voice that he was moved by all of this. He's just waiting on getting a VCR in his room so he can plug that badboy in and play! (the tv in the room is an old one with none of the output plugs )

Danny - thanks for talking with a "stranger" for a few minutes, I know you'll be back on the water in no time. I'll check back in with you at another time and hope to catch up with you then.

Lynsey

(Message edited by buttacup on February 16, 2004)
Old    boarderaz            02-16-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
Hey Danny!

Glad to hear you're doing great! Keep up the good spirits - you'll acheive all of your goals in no time! I was snowboarding 3 1/2 months out of acl reconstruction! Just work hard - mind over body - you can do whatever you set your mind to! I know you can!!!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
“My friend, you’re going to walk again,” but what I heard was, “My friend you are going to wakeboard again.”

That has got to be the coolest thing I've read in awhile. I wish you the best, we're praying for you.

B-
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-17-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
Yes! The phone calls are great. If anyone else is thinking about it, please call after 3:00 pm (AZ time).

Danny
www.enemyofevil.com
Old    lildean            02-17-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
Hey danny its kyle, just read the great news. that is great man. i thought the same thing that you did when i read that, it made me laugh. keep up the good work and giving all of us the info. hope to talk to you soon. Kyle Dean
Old    steveaz            02-17-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
Danny, I just spoke with you and you didn't say anything about the VCR, did you get one? Are you all hooked up? Would a portable TV help? Let me know before our visit on Thursday and I'll make sure and bring whatever you need. Sorry to have interupted your visit but good to talk to you.

Steve
Old    steveaz            02-17-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
BTW, everyone, I guess Danny moved to a different room today, so his number is no longer the same. You'll need to call 602-406-3000 and ask to be transfered to his room. I forgot to ask for the number.

Steve
Old    road_hawg            02-18-2004, 12:55 AM Reply   
Danny's Dad here...I thought I’d post a picture of Tom Bug and Mike Cooper representing the presidency of the Arizona Wakeboard Association at the time they presented Danny with the PlayStation 2 and all the games their fund-raising activity generated. Walt Chantler was also there to give the items to Danny but was not available at the time of the picture. Thanks again to all who participated in helping to make Danny truly feel energized by your kindness!

NOTE: Danny was moved into another hospital room today and has a different phone bedside number. He is now in room #7 at the Barrow Neurological Institute. His bedside phone number is now (602) 406-7113.

Doug Dean

Old    jln309            02-19-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
danny, hey its jennifer, well i tried calling you and every time i do its buisy! i give up! no im just kidding, ill try again, but get off the phone already! talk to you soon!!
Old    sshamo            02-21-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
Danny-
Since we hear the phones are always busy we figured we better just sing happy b-day to you here for now.
Happy birthday to you. Happy b-day to you. Happy Birthday dear Danny! Happy Birthday to you!!!

Hope your birthday goes great. And just letting you know that Joshua and I are still praying for ya.

Love - Stephanie and Joshua
Old    lildean            02-21-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
Hey Danny it's your aunt, Paula. Wow! - This is the first chance I've had to actually read this discussion board. What a great feeling it must be to know that you have touched so many lives personally, not to mention the ones who don't even know you. You are truly an inspiration to more people than you'll ever know. Kyle hopes to be down to see you in the next couple of weeks. Jeff and I are hoping we can follow shortly thereafter. We think about you constantly and pray for you continually. My Dad puts you on the temple prayer list every time he can. I think he said he can only do it once every 3 weeks, I know you are on every prayer list that exists. Keep your spirits up and stay optimistic. Mind over matter. Love ya - Paula
Old    road_hawg            02-23-2004, 12:33 AM Reply   
Hi again. I just talked to Danny today. He's feeling better after a bad bout of dehydration, nausea and a combination intestinal/bladder infection. He had to go back on IV feeding for a couple of days because he couldn’t hold down any food. He missed a few days of physical therapy due to these set backs but he’s been able to attend PT again as of Friday. His power wheelchair has arrived but his queasy stomach isn’t up to testing the thing’s total handling capabilities quite yet.

More good news: Danny’s recovered some more muscular control on the left side of his body, including his calf, and some limited finger movement. His left arm is growing stronger and he his able to pretty much feed himself with a spoon. We are still waiting for his right side to come back on line. His spirit is strong and he has a terrific attitude. He is receiving lots of great support from his friends, family and even from many complete strangers. A huge THANKS to all who have been so willing to take the time to make his days brighter! He’s received several neat phone calls. He’d love to hear from anyone who wishes to call. (602) 406-7113. After 2:30 pm Mountain Time is best.

Thanks!
Doug Dean
Old    jetgofish            02-23-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
Danny when is that you had a birthday? If it was the 21st, we share the same birthday. Though I have a torn ACL and can't ride I do go out and get some water/drive time on Sunday. The riding out here on the Delta this time of year is sweet. Happy Birthday man, you are making a ton of progress!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-23-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Glad to hear he's moving more and more. Great news.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-24-2004, 1:09 AM Reply   
Danny, Great to hear about the positive progress you're making. Keep up the good work you'll be back in no time!

Old    head461            02-24-2004, 6:51 AM Reply   
Great news, you will remain in my prayers!!!
Old    emoney            02-24-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
Keep up the great progress,
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-24-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the encouragement. This week in physical therapy has been great. We are working on sitting balance, since I have none. Since I actually reached 4 minutes of balancing on my own in a sitting position, lots better than the 40 seconds I did yesterday.
We are starting to see movement in my right wrist which is a great sign.
Also, my fingers in my left hand have more dexterity than ever.
My physical and occupational therapists are awesome! I couldn't ask for a better team to help me out. They really know their stuff!

A huge thanks to WakeWorld, Dave Williams and Brian Grubb for the videos, stickers and signed posters. I love it! The window stickers will be on my Trail Blazer as soon as possible to support you guys like you support me.

Once again phone calls are welcome (602) 406-7113 and the prayers and support are greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all, Board On!
Danny Dean

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-24-2004, 3:32 PM Reply   
Actually, our own Billj is the one that remembered to get that poster signed by Grubby, so he deserves props for that. I'm glad you liked everything! Keep getting better!!
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2004, 9:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the updates Danny its always inspiring to check the form and see how you are doing. We will make sure and keep the prayers coming from Spokane, Wa.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-25-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
Sounds like a matter of time to me. Good Luck with your therapy.
Old    road_hawg            02-25-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
More good news! Danny has reported the very first signs of minor muscle activity in his right leg. He can contract a region in his upper-inner thigh. ALSO: He has seen a new motion manifest in his right wrist. These are his first gains on his right side! Danny's really exited. He's back on regular food now and enjoying a full PT schedule again. He say's all your prayers and support ar doing their job so don't stop now! He wants to be back on the water ASAP.

Doug Dean
Old    lildean            02-25-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
Hey Danny just heard the great news about the movement from your right side, that is great and it sounds like your making a ton of progress in physical therapy. Well i am still planning the trip to come down there, but it's not going to be this week, because of baseball tryouts and school stuff, but i'm going to really put in the effort to be down there in the few following weeks. i promise. And i just read that Brian Grubb sent you a ton of stuff, i think that is way cool, because i got his autograph at the boat show and a few others too, it must be a family thing. Well keep up the good work and spirits. I'll be praying for you and the family. Kyle Dean
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-26-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
Well thanks to bill then! Everybody was wondering why i didn't have any wake posters up. The videos are great to. I actually filmed some of the footage in the premier video, and i'm in the wreck session at the end attempting a temper-tantrum. it's like the 3rd to last wreck before the end. Thanks again!

My right leg is getting stronger and things are looking up! Thanks for all the support!

Danny
www.enemyofevil.com
Old    leftcoastpunk            02-26-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
Hey Danny, great to hear that things are getting better for you, keeping you in our prayers each day. Did Sushi get into see you last week? I know he was going to try, I was going to go with him but I had school. Keep on recovering bro and you'll be back on the water in no time :-)
Old    mshamo            02-27-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
Danny
-- I am soo excited to hear how well you are doing, you are sooo strong! you are always in my thoughts and prayers. oh yeah HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
--Marianne
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-27-2004, 11:16 PM Reply   
Keep up the good work Danny, sounds like you are making some serious progress!

Mark
Old    sshamo            02-29-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
Danny-
I gathered a few pictures to send ya - but don't have the address of where you are. I'll try to give you a call tomorrow to get it. It sounds like you are making incredible progress. What a blessing! You finally got your chair! When you actually try it out let us know what it's like zooming through the halls! Hope you are keeping the best spirits! Take care.

Joshua and Stephanie
Old    road_hawg            02-29-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
Danny's right leg is waking up nicely now! It's amazing to the doctors and staff. Movement is evident in his right quads, adductors, extensors (ankle). Thanks to all who continue with prayers and support...It's working!

Doug Dean
Old    cmm83            02-29-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
Thats awesome news to hear you recovering so fast. Just keep your spirits high and you'll be back on the water in no time!
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-02-2004, 7:09 AM Reply   
Just got back from visiting Danny yesterday and all I can say is WOW! He is recovering so fast. He has made a tremendous amount of improvement since I saw him last week!! This kid will ride again for sure.

To all, thanks for all the support as I know it means a great deal to Danny and his family. (his room is plastered with printouts from the posts here on wakeworld).

Jerry Lembas
http://www.fluidconcepts.net
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-02-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
thanks to Fluid Concepts for all the videos and the visit! Jen and Jerry ROCK!

Good news today! I'm getting a city pass to leave the hospital. i'm going to see Miracle with my mom today at 3. tomorrow, buffalo wings at one of my favorite restaraunts. what a relief to get out for a bit.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-02-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
Danny,
Don't know you but am inspired by you! You have sent out thanks to all your friends and your family for motivating you, but you ought to know that you are also doing the inspiring now. Your passion to work hard and reach your goals is a true testiment to the man you are. And it is this passion that seaps into the souls of all those that you touch and push them harder to be better people. So Thank You!
Old    jln309            03-03-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
danny, hey i tried to call you, but no one answered? is the number to your room still 602-406-7113? i just read your post about you going to see a movie with your mom, thats awesome! it must be nice to get out of the hospital bed! im so proud of you! write back and tell me the correct number if that ones not right, and ill try to call you again, i feel as if im the only one who hasnt talk to you, im so left out!!

-jennifer
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-05-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
laurie - wow, thanks and you're welcome... i guess

jennifer - yes, correct #. i was probably in therapy when you called. if no one answers, call my cell and i will call you back.

GREAT NEWS!!! I CAN NOW MOVE MY RIGHT QUAD!!! both legs and both arms now. all i need are my right foot and right hand then all my strength, wich is about 40% right now. thanks for the support! it's only a matter of time now!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-05-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Danny,
That is great news! The power of prayer, its awesome. You have people from all over the world praying for you (literally).

http://www.crosswalk.com/community/prayer/

Old    deltahoosier            03-05-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
Awesome Danny!!! Keep up the prayers guys!!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-05-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
Danny - That's AWESOME! It's good to see that you're making excellent progress. Before you know it you will be back in the water!
Old    snowake            03-05-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Danny,

Are you allowed visitors at all? I have some videos that I would bring in for you, if you have a vcr for them.
Have a great day, your progress is amazing!
Kati
ASU
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-05-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
Great work Danny keep it up.

Mark
Old    scoot            03-05-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
Hey Danny, I'm from LA and haven't been boarding all that long. This is actually the first thing I've posted in months. Let me just say this, I was astonished at the number of people who have posted replies on here. And not just the fact that 154 people have posted but the fact that 154 people who care and are willing to take the time out of their day to think about, pray for, and help someone else. This just goes to show how many careing individuals there are out there. Tom Bugg was right, we are all just one big happy(wakeboarding) family.
Hope you recover soon Danny, I'll be praying for you.

Scott
Old    road_hawg            03-07-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
Hi Everybody,

Due to some necessary flooring renovations, Danny has been moved to a new room at the hospital. This means he has a new bed-side phone number:

(602) 406-7294

He'd love to hear from you.

Danny's still making improvements almost daily. His leg muscles are getting stronger and more coordinated. The latest new muscles to wake up are his right quadriceps. This means he will be able to lock his knee in a straight position for standing. He has had several sessions of standing up at the parallel bars without light-headedness. Now we need his right hamstrings and his right hand/wrist to join in with his other muscle groups and then he'll have most all his major muscles groups showing activity.

He's also been doing VERY well at running his new PlayStation 2, (using just his left hand). He's really having fun with it! It's great therapy for his hand-eye coordination and he says it has truly helped the days to pass more quickly.

Thanks again for all the continued support and prayers!

Doug
Old    lildean            03-14-2004, 11:37 AM Reply   
hey danny just wanted to let you know that i really dig the shirts, they're awesome. And i think that the fundraiser went really well and we still have more stuff to auction off so we're not done yet. talk to ya soon and keep up the good work, your going to be back on the water sooner than you think. We're prayin for you.
Old    leslisa            03-14-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
I don't check the boards often enough. I'm thinking of you. Keep improving.

Lisa
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-15-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
good news everybody! they have me walking in paralell bars now! it feels so great to be on my feet again. i'll be on the water sooner than i thought.

kyle - thanks, we love all you are doing for us. glad you like the shirts

choose your side
danny
www.enemyofevil.com
Old    buttacup            03-15-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
Woo hoo! I think you're making stellar progress there. Sounds like you will have a great summer. Keep it up.

Lynsey