Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-15-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
Jackson calling out Nash is comical to me. The entire league is full of stars that get special treatment. If he really cared about how games were officiated, he would have fought that fight years and years ago. To do it now, right before the Lakers play the Suns, is just a political move to pressure the refs to make more calls against Nash. I do not agree with treating the stars differently. NBA games should be called by the book....period...
I lost some respect for the man......

I know that I'm gunna hear "it" now.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...s-jackson-nash
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
welcome to over 15 years of phil jackson-ism. are you new to the nba?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
by the way, on the subject of "carrying over," no one does so more than deron williams. and yeah, i'm a big deron williams fan.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-15-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
Phil has done this for years... typical mind games by the jedi.

More importantly, Bynums injury is only gettin worse, which is not good news for the Lakers.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-15-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
As much as you post in the NBA thread why did you make a new topic?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2010, 6:02 PM Reply   
are you the forum police david?

cliff, as crappy as it sounds, phil's been pullin' that stunt for years, even w/ the chicago days. i'm not saying it's ok, but it's typical playoff "strategy" to get the refs mindful of what to keep an eye out for. remember before the lakers-thunder series, how he said kevin durant gets special treatment and gets the calls? i wouldn't take it too seriously.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-15-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
sorry David. I guess I should have...

the thing is, if the high powered coaches in the league really wanted change, they could have it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
that's just it, cliff. he's not looking to change anything. it's just head games. nothing more, nothing less.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-15-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
Haha, sorry Cliff. For some reason I thought Eric(mjfan23) started the thread.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-15-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
its called reading.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-17-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
But...what about Nash's response? Saying that the best coach in the league didn't have a problem with his carries? (implying that Popovich is a better coach than Jackson!) LOL I think they are just poking at eachother. I doubt either is too serious.

What I don't doubt is that the Suns are gonna have a REALLY hard time against Bynum and Gasol. They just don't have the size. But...if Bynums knees give...they might stand a chance...but then again Odom is no slouch and a pretty big dude as well! We'll see in a little more than an hour! Stoked!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-17-2010, 5:41 PM Reply   
Loved nash's response too, he went jedi on the zen master.
I've heard Bynum is getting worse not better in the last week...who knows maybe its more playoff head games. Go Lakers.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-18-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
See my second paragraph...Looked like Bynum's Knees were solid, Kobe looked super healthy...40pts!?!?!?!?!?! Gasol...pounding the paint and Odom...Holy crap! 19pts and 19 Rebs? Insane...No one can beat them if they keep playing like that!!! How about Shannon Brown's missed dunk? Looked like a dunk contest winner!

The boys are lookin good! Get Kobe "One for the Thumb!!!"
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by depswa View Post
See my second paragraph...Looked like Bynum's Knees were solid,
did you see a different game than the rest of us? bynum was clearly hampered by the bum-knee. so much so that mbenga was used quite a bit to back up pau. bynum was slow and late to quite a few defensive rotations.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-18-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
Oh...and I loved them chanting "MVP!" for Kobe! lol! Gotta love Labron, but until he leads his team to a championship or two...Kobe will retain the Crown for best in the league in my eyes.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-18-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
One. Its Lebron.
Two. Lebron is the MVP for a reason, hes the single best player in the league. Stats prove that.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-18-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
Hmmm...I don't know...He's always slow...But, When he threw down that dunk he looked pretty solid landing on those knees. If Odom wasn't playing as well as he was, I'm sure Bynum would've had mor mins and been fine(he played like 20 min or something)...I guess maybe he could've been feeling it towards the end? Mbenga only played 4 Min...and most of that was after the starters were already sitting.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2010, 1:21 AM Reply   
dan, i guess i should've made myself more clear. i never meant to suggest that bynum was ever quick. when i said "slow," i meant he missed defensive assignments and rotations which he easily could've covered w/ good knees. how many times did robin lopez get an uncontested lay-up/dunk? quite a bit because of poor rotation from bynum lack of mobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by depswa View Post
If Odom wasn't playing as well as he was, I'm sure Bynum would've had mor mins and been fine(he played like 20 min or something)
odom was in as long as he was for a couple reasons: he was playing well and bynum's hurt. c'mon, i know you're a laker fan....so am i. let's not deny the obvious. bynum is no where near healthy or even remotely close to solid.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-18-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
Labron and his stats are sitting in his livingroom, mvp trophy on his lap watching Kobe reach for another ring for a reason. Reality proves that.
Looks like lakers may get by phoenix w/o a healthy bynum. V. Celtics or Orlando not so easy.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-20-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Yea...I know he's not 100%...he definitely looked a little off last night...The main reason that I thought his knees weren't as bad as everyne thought was when he pounded that dunk in game one, he didn't wince even though he came down REALLY hard. But...yea...later in the game, he was showing it. It's all good...they are looking good and thanks to finally having a bench, we can still win if one starter isn't 100%..Even last night..with Kobe laying back and just dishing the ball...they had the game in control until the end of the 3rd, but even then, they handled thier business and put up a solid win.

I can see them maybe losing game 1 in Phoenix, but they'll make the adjustmends and win it in 5....I heard one of the press guys on the radio today say that when he was sitting next to the phoenix announcers, they were watching him in disgust as he was looking at Orbitz for tickets to Boston! LOL.

Last edited by depswa; 05-20-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-28-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
WOW! Last night was WAY too close for comfort!!! I have a feeling we are looking at 7games and Phoenix could be the spoilers again....Damn them!

Or...the lakers can start defending the three and pound the paint in Phoenix and shut the door? What do you guys think's gonna happen?

Game 7 85% probability or more?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-28-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
Ron Artest is definatley the kind of guy you hate and love to have on your team. Lakers in 6. Nothing better than a road win to close a series.