Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
I leave to go on a trip to Kauai tomorrow with my girlfriend and was wondering if anyone knows anything about wakeboarding in Kauai. Placees to go? Anybody to hit up when Im over there to go out with, or does anyone even live there that wakeboards? Thanks ahead of time for anyone who knows anything about it.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-18-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
I know there is wakeing on the Kauai River (they held the Tige open there last year). So I would just say to get there and start calling surf shops and ask about wakeboarding.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-18-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
the name of the river is the Wailua river, and is probably one of the coolest places I have ever wakeboarded in.

To be honest, I got lucky because I lived there for 5 months, and was offered a pull one day. Unfortunately, I dont really have any info that could get you a pull.

But, while your there you should definetely venture over to the north shore -- check out --

--Priceville resort
--Hanalei Bay - and the little town square
--Hanakopai falls - at the end of the road, all the way north - this is like an hour long hike, but the coolest freakin waterfall and pool at the bottom that you will ever see!!
--Queens bath - really cool
Also, the surf is always pretty epic if your in to that.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-18-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
It's the Wailua River on the North Shore of Kauai .There is a couple of wakeboard boats there and I think a wakeboard school or waterski school. But I don't think they wooden towers (HaHa)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-18-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Do a search. Ryan Siebring (ex-Pro) lives there and has posted on this subject several times.
Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
Hey thanks for all the information. While searching around for Ryan Siebring's posts, I found one that he did back in December about starting a wakeboarding vacation package on the island of Kauai. I think the idea behind this would be alot of fun and you would get to meet alot of friendly down to earth people. Well anyways, I personal messaged him and I am hoping he gets back to me by tonight. If he doesnt, then I will check my email while Im over there and maybe get hooked up with some riding while visiting. Thanks again for everyones help. Oh yea, and for anyone else who may be visiting the island sooner or later I got a number off of one of his posts, Kauai Surf Co. (808) 822-3574. He said that the guy who takes you up the river has a Response with a wedge. The guy runs no weight in the boat, but is more family oriented towards the all around groups. Just some info if anyone is travelling there with their families.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-18-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
The place you need to contact is Kauai Ski & Surf Co. They will take care of you.
http://www.barefoottours.com/1-MASTER/kauai/kauai_waterski.html

You will find their tel# and address here:
http://www.beachdestinations.com/Kapaa_Vacations/Kapaa_Guide_Sports.aspx