Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-23-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
So the season kicked off this last week and there have been some good games. It is great to see Gonzaga lose. Kentucky looks pretty good because of Terrance Jones but that is a sore subject. I can only imagine what UW would do with him on the team.

I am a UW fan and they looked down right scary last night. They dominated Virginia in every aspect of the game. To score over 100 on a Tony Bennett coached team is unheard of. They are deep, athletic and have 4 or 5 guys who can fill it up from outside. I really think they are going to wear down Kentucky tonight as well as force all the young players for UK to make mistakes. UW's defense is an in your face harrassing style and I really think that is going to force Kentucky into a lot of turnovers and bad shots.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-23-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Tubby Smith has the Minnesota Gophers back on top. When Devoe Jospeh gets back they will be even tougher. Mbakwe is solid, Ralph is coming around. Hopefully they dont let me down during the middle of the year again.
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       11-23-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
haha gophers! They dont stand a chance this year with the Boilers, Spartans, Ilini and Buckeyes all very solid this year.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-23-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Kansas has looked good this year so far. Big 12 is going to be very good. KSU vs Duke tonight I think. That should be a good one. UNC two losses.. haha! Where's Jonathan?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-23-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
I hope the Dawgs shut down Jones and show him what he's missing out on. Calapari's a grimey bastard and can eat a d!*k
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-23-2010, 9:54 PM Reply   
K-State v. Duke.....ugh!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-24-2010, 5:58 AM Reply   
ouch Nick...
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-24-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
well thats the last Dickie V game I EVER listen to...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-24-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
Dickie V is terrible and raftery or whatever his name is isn't much better. Dickie V is straight gargalling the ACC's balls. That is nothing new though.

Well, UW didn't look all that good against kentucky. The one thing that is positive is that they played a close game against a very talented team all while playing terrible. It is nice to see that they can keep the game close when they aren't on point. Hopefully they can run a little more against Sparty and get some open looks for their shooters.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-24-2010, 10:19 PM Reply   
I'd have to same the same about K-State. The way we played, we probably should have lost by 30. When your All-American can't do anything and you shoot .00001 from the line and lose by 14, I guess it's not all bad. We'll rebound in time for those Jayhawks....
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-24-2010, 10:31 PM Reply   
well the ACC is to basketball what the SEC is to football so what do you expect? Duke/UNC have 4 of the last 10 national championships with Maryland and GT kickin around the title game in that span too. (And Dickie V loves Duke and UNC...dont know how thats possible but whatever)

Kstate is good (they beat us pretty handily), but Duke this year is nasty. Im just thrilled to see UNC plummet after 1 week. I definitely called them being supremely overrated this year. They lost several good players and gained ONE (Barnes, who has been very inconsistent so far) and they were bad last year. It just didnt add up. Hopefully theyll stay this bad and not figure their stuff out like they probably will. Seeing carolina suck at basketball is one of the awesomest things ever.

and how about UCONN...kemba?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-25-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
UConn... wow. they are playing quite well. But Jones for UK is just nasty!
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-25-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
I second the UConn...Walker looked very good...He almost had four games of 30 plus points. They also played two top 10 teams and handled them both.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-01-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
wish Howell would come back, another great year to bash on the Tar Heels.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-03-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
Damn Ian, I knew you would be on here calling me out : ) Another prroblem for my boys AGAIN!!!! They will turn it around. Wait, didnt I say that last year : ) I havent watched Kansas play this year, but think they look good. Ohio is not joke, but I dont think there is anyone in the nation that is going to stop Duke this year. They will lose one or two along the way but that is about it in my opinion. But my Tarheels. UGGHH..... No point guard play. Average 15 turnovers or so. I swear they have it in them but just cant keep the damn ball in their hands. I dont understand it. Kentucky this weekend though. 12:30. I cant wait.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
Well, KU barely squeaked by UCLA last night to wrap up our 64th consecutive win at home. We will be a lot better when Selby joins the team on the 18th. I'll try to tune in to the UK/UNC game this weekend. That UK freshman Jones is ridiculous. Oh, and thanks for taking Roy from us Jonathan, I am thinking we traded up pretty well to Self!
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-03-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
I think we both won with that trade then. I will take my 2 national championships and see you your one : ) But you guys are good this year from what I hear. I havent been able to watch you guys play though. I should have watched last night. It was televised here and turned out to be a good one. Selby is coming back on the 18th huh? I had not read that they cleared him yet. Have you watched Duke play at all? Those boys are just ridiculous. But can be beat if you have a good front court. They are weak there for sure. But shooting guards wise, they are just crazy.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-03-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
But man do we need a win against Kentucky on Saturday. The talent is there, but not having a decent point is KILLING us.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-03-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
I think the bruins were kinda robbed on that loose ball foul. Ref must be on the KU payroll to call that. No wonder they have 64 straight.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-06-2010, 6:15 AM Reply   
I guess UNC was just waiting for me to post on Wakeworld to turn it around. Good game and good win. John Henson had Terrence Jones number all day. And we went 1-11 or so on 3's while UK lit it up. But all in all a good game and a lucky win for my Tarheels.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-14-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Time to see your star freshman on Saturday Ian.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-14-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
yes, i'm pretty psyched, although I'd be surprised to see a huge game from him.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-19-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
well, we did get a huge game from him but still almost lost. Played like crap but pretty excited to have Selby on this team. He's the real deal. Selby > Barnes
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-03-2011, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
well, we did get a huge game from him but still almost lost. Played like crap but pretty excited to have Selby on this team. He's the real deal. Selby > Barnes
Barnes > Selby : )
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-20-2010, 5:48 AM Reply   
I didnt get to watch him play but saw the stuff on ESPN. My boys are damn killing me.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-22-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
K-State... haha.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       12-23-2010, 5:54 AM Reply   
That loss to Texas is going to haunt us, and damn Roy held Zeller out entirely too long. I swear I think he forgot he was on the bench. I hate Illinois lost last night. I needed them to get through Mizzou. I need Vandy to crack the top 25 too. That would put our four losses to all top 25 teams. Yes, I am already starting to bank on the SOS rating to get into the tournament : ) : ) : ) Seriously though, I think it is time for Roy to pull Drew and let Kendall Marshall get his feel. The kid had 8 assist and 0 turnover the other night. If he had the number of minutes, his averages would put him in the Top 15 PG in the nation. His D isnt what Drews is, but we need the damn assist and no turnovers. I hate it for Harrison Barnes too. If you put him on Duke or Kansas, the kid is a superstar. The supporting cast in the guard spot is not there to get him enough separation on the wing to do his thing. Hopefully all in good time though. I would like to see Bullock, Marshall and Barnes start together and see what they have. I swear there is a great great basketball team in there somewhere. Free Will Graves!!!!!! : )
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-23-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
Yeah, pretty rough on Tuesday night. At least we looked a little more put together tonight playing UMKC. I guess we should have just put together a KU schedule so we could be undefeated heading into Big 12 play
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-24-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
I can't argue with that.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
awful quiet around here...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-07-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
Gaddy just went down for the year with an ACL injury. He wasn't putting up crazy numbers but he kept a semblence of control to the team. IT and Venoy are going to have to step up their games as PG's and let the wings go to work. On the good side Terrance Ross(Terrance Jones') teammate from High School is starting to look really impressive. The Huskies swept the Socal schools in socal which was their hardest road trip of the year. They should have no problem running away with the PAC10 this year.

I haven't really paid attention to college basketball outside the PAC10 since the Maui Invitational. Maybe it is because I can't stand Dick Vitale and Billy Raftery. Those 2 guys might be the most annoying people on earth. Not to mention Vitale knows absolutely nothing about the teams and players he is commentating on.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2011, 11:57 AM Reply   
Agreed, Vitale is the absolute worst commentator. psyched for conference play this year.... the Big 12 is pretty stacked (besides the schools who are leaving which are horrible). KU's is 3-0 against the Pac-10 this year so far. But that Cal game was close. Did you see any of that?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-07-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Agreed, Vitale is the absolute worst commentator. psyched for conference play this year.... the Big 12 is pretty stacked (besides the schools who are leaving which are horrible). KU's is 3-0 against the Pac-10 this year so far. But that Cal game was close. Did you see any of that?

Weren't all three games against the PAC close? I know the Arizona game was fairly close and didn't UCLA get kind of screwed against KU at the very end of the game to lose? I watched some of those 2 games. Is TAMU still doing solid? I know Baylor lost some guys before they played and lost to WSU. Who are the cream of the crop in the Big12? Kansas, KSU, Texas, Missouri, TAMU? That is dang good upper half. Baylor is solid too if their guys are healthy aren't they?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
Baylor is very good. Yes, all the Pac-10 games were very close... in the UCLA the last call was questionable only because of the timing of the game. KU is definitely not clicking yet IMO and is very beatable. You got the teams right. KU, TX, KSU, Mizzou, TAMU and Baylor are all very strong. When our conference is only 10 teams it's going to be a very difficult conf. schedule. Losing CU and Neb only makes the BBall stronger.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2011, 6:49 AM Reply   
and down goes Dook!
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-14-2011, 6:04 AM Reply   
TELL THE TRUTH!!!! And another ugly win for my heels last night, but that is fine. An ugly win is better than an ugly loss : )
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-14-2011, 6:05 AM Reply   
That is a tough schedule yall got there Ian : )
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-14-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
Not a huge disparity here

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/NC
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/KS

dont' worry, by the end of our conference play we'll have played several top 25 teams in KSU, TX A&M, Mizzou, Texas
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-14-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
How they look at our two schedules to date and consider one 13 and one 19 is beyond me. We have played 5 teams ranked at some time or another, KU has played Memphis and an Arizona that received an honorable mention : ) I dont see any similarities in those schedules. But you are right, by the end of the year, we will have equaled out on ranked opponents.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-14-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
Tied for first in the ACC : )
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-17-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
Big night of basketball tonight. I'm hoping for my Wildcats to get it together now that we've got everyone back. I'd like to steal the game this afternoon in Columbia to make up for the egg we laid at home with Colorado.

I think we will match up pretty well with Mizzery. Also looking forward to Baylor v. KU.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-18-2011, 4:59 AM Reply   
God what has happened to K-State Nick? I was definitely rootin for you guys against Mizzou. KU took care of business easily last night. That was the best we've looked all season long.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-18-2011, 6:45 AM Reply   
Carolina looked great on Sunday : ( The boys shot their lowest field goal percentage since 1955!!!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-30-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
UNC is starting to play pretty well... unfortuantely KSU is going in the opposite direction. We just had our way with them last night.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-30-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
"Had our way" is an understatement......

We're bad, really bad, right now.

Duke got killed today!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-30-2011, 5:08 PM Reply   
yeah, what happened to Duke... seriously, who is the best team right now? Is tOSU really that good? I'm not seeing it. The Big East is scary as hell, it's gonna be hard to pick against any of those teams come march. Also, Texas is coming on strong. Can't wait for March!!!
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-31-2011, 7:37 AM Reply   
If you go by Kenpom, Ohio State is the best team in the nation followed by Kansas and Texas. I am not sure Texas can run with Duke though. But I am like you, I dont know tOSU is the one right now. Still a lot of ball left to see who is the favorite. KU has a good shot, Pitt too in my opinion.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       01-31-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
UNC cracked the rankings. I am not sure if that is good or bad
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-31-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
One thing we know is there are no super dominant teams this year. Just about anybody can lose on any given night. UW looked like poop last night against Wazzu and their band of Wood Chucks.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-01-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
I would just like to thank baby jesus that Kyrie Irving is not playing on that Duke basketball team. I hate it for the kids career at Duke, but those fools would be insane with him running the point.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-03-2011, 5:42 AM Reply   
yeah, it's taken him a while to get it but he's been killin it recently. However, KU > UNC
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-03-2011, 7:05 AM Reply   
I knew that was coming : )
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-03-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
We played two cupcakes the last couple days. Florida State will be a different animal this year. I love hearing the commentators talk about the ACC being down when Kenpom has the ACC being just fine.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Really. Really. My boys just can not get right. LDII hsa left the building.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-07-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
Marshall>Selby

UNC=Kansas : )
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Well, Selby is out right now.. so i'll give you that. Either way, i'm not too concerned about him anyway... The Morris twins are just friggin dominant this year. Selby could use another year in school to develop. But i doubt that will happen.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-07-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
He is gone like the wind. The Morris twins are going to be tough on anyone in the tournament.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-07-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
Ian, I hope you guys dismantle Misery tonight!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
yeah, I'd love to just throttle them by 30.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-08-2011, 6:37 AM Reply   
Well, it wasn't 30 but it was a good win nonetheless. UNC vs Duke Wednesday, should be a good one.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-11-2011, 6:27 AM Reply   
here's a great pic for you Jonathan.
Attached Images

Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-14-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
That was a tough game and you KNOW you guys got lucky. Here is a link to a point where I am sure you werent so happy : ) But a good NC none the less. I would much rather you guys have it then Calipari.

http://bit.ly/gaUeCG
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-14-2011, 8:42 AM Reply   
who's gonna be #1
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-14-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
I would have thought it would have belonged to you guys and it did. I think you are heads and tails above Texas.
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-14-2011, 8:25 PM Reply   
That #1 ranking lasted less than 12 hours.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-15-2011, 5:35 AM Reply   
well that was fun. KU got their arses handed to them big time. I wouldn't be surprised to see KU drop to 5-6 next week after that horrible loss. Maybe lower. And they'd deserve it. KSU just whooped 'em.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-15-2011, 6:47 AM Reply   
The curse of the #1. What happened anyway?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-15-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
Pullen was lights out, we couldn't stop him. The Morris twins were ineffective inside and they guarded the three VERY well. Plus we turned the ball over quite a bit and didn't capitalize on some easy opportunities. We just looked really out of sync.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-15-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
I jus read a little injured too. But a good win by K-State. They were due.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-15-2011, 5:16 PM Reply   
K-State finally played like they could. JHR finally stepped up and played like a man and Pullen put the team on his back. I'm going to savor this one for a while. Hopefully we don't have a hangover against OU on Saturday and can get back to .500 in conference. I like the way our schedule looks from here on out.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-16-2011, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstateskier View Post
I like the way our schedule looks from here on out.
I would say the Mizzou game would be tough, but they don't know how to play on the road. Especially if the crowd brings it just like they did for the KU game. That place looked nuts.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-16-2011, 5:44 AM Reply   
Ian, looks like Zona, KU, and UNC in the running for Chol. I think he is an Arizona lock, but if he wants to win a championship, he better stick to those of us that know how : )
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Yeah, it did look nuts. But I must say, i laughed out loud at the guido fist pump the crowd was doing to the house music. That was hilarous. AZ won a championship under Lute back in 97 I think... pretty sure they beat KU on their run too.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-16-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, it did look nuts. But I must say, i laughed out loud at the guido fist pump the crowd was doing to the house music. That was hilarous. AZ won a championship under Lute back in 97 I think... pretty sure they beat KU on their run too.
Won 1. But I think they are going to be strong next year. STILL, given the opportunity to play at Duke, KU, or UNC, I dont know how you could go anywhere else.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
Nick, did you buy the DVD yet? hahaha...

http://store.cstv.com/store_contents...duct_id=189687
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       02-17-2011, 5:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nick, did you buy the DVD yet? hahaha...

http://store.cstv.com/store_contents...duct_id=189687
Really????? That goes beyond storming the court.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-21-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
This is so over blown. K-State sells DVDs of every game. This was picked up by some KU clown and blown out of proportion. KU stormed the field when they beat a sub-500 K-State football team in '06 I think it was, so I don't think it's crazy we stormed the court when we demolished the #1 team in the land.

As far as the DVDs are concerned, if I'm an athletic director and think I can make some money, I'm going to sell anything I can. I know they like to give things away at KU....tickets....cough.....cough

I am really more scared of NU on Wednesday in Lincoln than Mizzou on Saturday. I believe we'll squeak by NU by less than 5 and beat Mizzou by 10+ in Manhattan. I don't care what Mizzou is ranked, K-State has better talent and at home will cruise. K-State was playing horrible basketball at the time they were in Columbia and was still within 5 with less than 8 to play. I think if we're 2-0 going into Austin Monday night, watch out. I always like the way we come out against the Horns.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-21-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
Did you see Taylor got suspended indefinitely? I figured this had to have been a post about that...
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-21-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
Saw it, but living in a glass house, wasn't going to throw stones? Haven't been on any KU boards, and the K-State boards didn't have much insight? What do you have?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-21-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
speculation is 2nd time failing drug test....