Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-01-2014, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-mantrix View Post
Confirming its a 20'
If its a 20ft boat then to be honest they just lost my interest. If I wanted a 20ft budget boat I would get an axis. Terrible idea.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-01-2014, 6:18 PM Reply   
I'm not sure I understand why it's a " terrible idea." If it makes sense for Malibu/Axis to have a 20 footer, why wouldn't it make sense for MC to?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-01-2014, 6:53 PM Reply   
Was at the show standing under it when I was told it was a 20 footer. So I would say I can confirm it is a 20 footer.

Also confirmed today that Axis A20, Moomba 20V, Tige R20, and others can be had for under 50K. Thats was with options/ trailers ready to sell today boats. So its not some kind of new concept for a "budget boat" under 50K.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-01-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Hardly a new strategy. Auto manufacturers have put concepts on turn tables for years that have incomplete interiors, no powertrain, hell sometimes they are clay models. They often pass out marketing material on these forward thinking models or take your information to stay in contact when details are released. Sometimes they are merely used to gauge interest in new directions.

I guess I don't see how its unprofessional, but Wakeworld has become a bit hypercritical...
Just my opinion, this site seems to take an opinion as criticism. I wish MC the most success in there new boat. As I mentioned earlier, I think they will sell a bunch of them, plus its nice to open more options up for people looking in the $50k range. Hard to believe $50k is now considered a budget boat.

I am looking forward to seeing there final product and helm layout they come up with.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-02-2014, 5:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
The Sport Nautique 200 is the base line wake boat
the Sport 200 was 79,850 at the Orlando show
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       02-02-2014, 5:25 AM Reply   
But Drew it was so sweet! Haha good to see you bud!
Attached Images

Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-02-2014, 5:29 AM Reply   
$50k all day sign
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2014, 6:16 AM Reply   
That Powder Blue looks so feminine on you!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-02-2014, 7:03 AM Reply   
That tower just kills the NXT. Hopefully that is not final or you can choose a different tower.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
I had lost interest when they said 20 ft need at least 22 to make the switch. And believe me if a 22+ did come along I'd be in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-02-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Just my opinion, this site seems to take an opinion as criticism. I wish MC the most success in there new boat. As I mentioned earlier, I think they will sell a bunch of them, plus its nice to open more options up for people looking in the $50k range. Hard to believe $50k is now considered a budget boat.

I am looking forward to seeing there final product and helm layout they come up with.
Quote:
As a consumer, I do not think this looks professional or well thought out to show a boat with an unfinished helm for a product reveal.
So that statement isn't criticism? I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
That tower just kills the NXT. Hopefully that is not final or you can choose a different tower.
Only one tower planned, a large amount of cost savings is centered around the tower; its lack of billet, use of aluminum tube, and its ease in manufacturing. Basically what I was told, you want the better tower look at an X2...

Last edited by MattieK27; 02-02-2014 at 8:47 AM.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-02-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
I would think the tower would be a big boner kill, and so far, I havent heard one person say it looks good. For an extra grand or 2, I'd think it'd be worth it to drop on a good looking tower. Although, no matter what they go with, it wont be for everyone.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-02-2014, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
I would think the tower would be a big boner kill, and so far, I havent heard one person say it looks good. For an extra grand or 2, I'd think it'd be worth it to drop on a good looking tower. Although, no matter what they go with, it wont be for everyone.
Unfortunately, you're talking double+ that 1-2k to make up the difference...

Last edited by MattieK27; 02-02-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-02-2014, 10:26 AM Reply   
The Samson blade is 2950, and the samson switchblade is 4100, which looks similar to the old MC towers anyways to me. I figured it'd cost at least 1500-2k for the tower they had on the NXT, therefore an extra 1-2k on top of that. I wonder what the x series towers cost them to use?http://www.google.com/search?q=name+...sp%3B652%3B412
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-02-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
Out of curiosity does Mastercraft have the Maristar line anymore? Either that or do you have the option of ordering an X-series without the tower or touchscreen? I remember a few years ago Portland Ski Boat Center would order X2s and X15s as the maristar versions with no tower and put on a samson tower. They got the price down quite a bit over the full out X-series versions of those same boats.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-02-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
CC 200V is lame. Sorry CC lovers I have friends that just bought them brand new and unless you were giving me one I would not pay a dime for it. Of course if you want to slalom ok I guess. Better off buying a few year old 210. Now that its a 20footer I could care less. Might as well be a stripped down X2 which I would never own either test drove it rode behind it and went with the 205 Xstar. The boat should have been at least a 21.6 or 22 and somewhere between 98 and 102in beam. But I dont own mastercraft and have a feeling. Have a feeling this is going to go over like the budget based X1. Good luck MC looks like Axis and Bu is still gonna eat you for lunch. Next boat wont be an MC.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-02-2014, 10:58 AM Reply   
I am fine with it being a 20' boat. just because you make a 20' boat, doesn't mean you can't make a 22' boat as well. In the end you would have to imagine they would have 2 or 3 different lengths with possibly traditional bow and picklefork bow options.

So are they going to brand the boats as NXTs or are they going be Mastercraft NXTs? I think the doing what Skier's Choice and Malibu/Axis have is a better idea. Even though most know that Axis and Malibu are made by the same company and Moomba/Supra are made by the same company they are different brands. It helps to not devalue your premium brand.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-02-2014, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I am fine with it being a 20' boat. just because you make a 20' boat, doesn't mean you can't make a 22' boat as well. In the end you would have to imagine they would have 2 or 3 different lengths with possibly traditional bow and picklefork bow options.

So are they going to brand the boats as NXTs or are they going be Mastercraft NXTs? I think the doing what Skier's Choice and Malibu/Axis have is a better idea. Even though most know that Axis and Malibu are made by the same company and Moomba/Supra are made by the same company they are different brands. It helps to not devalue your premium brand.
They are making larger ones also. I just don't know the sizes yet.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-02-2014, 11:43 AM Reply   
Be interesting to see how the wake stacks up...
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-02-2014, 1:55 PM Reply   
^^^^^finally someone that cares about what I think is still most important about a boat... its wake.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-02-2014, 1:57 PM Reply   
From what I have been told, the dash will be a basic dash with the screen. No touchscreen but buttons to push.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-02-2014, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
^^^^^finally someone that cares about what I think is still most important about a boat... its wake.
Really? Do you think Mastercraft is going to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing a budget boat with a crappy wake? I am sure it will be similar to their previous product.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-02-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
Actually shooting yourself in the foot would be more like hyping a new xstar hull for over a year and then releasing videos of the most washy wake I've ever seen. I'm not saying I think this boat will have a crappy wake. It just seems that more and more people on this site care about metal flake and 20" rims on their trailers than about how much the wake might help them enjoy being behind the boat just a little bit more. I hope MC knocks it outta the park with this boat and possibly starts a trend. Maybe push CC to bring back the old 210 hull budget boat version. I guess I'm still young enough that enjoying myself behind the boat is more important to me than people noticing what size rims I have at the boat launch and touch screens. I could care less if a boat has 550 hp and has 43 gold plated cup holders if the wake is sub par to my liking.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-02-2014, 4:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
Actually shooting yourself in the foot would be more like hyping a new xstar hull for over a year and then releasing videos of the most washy wake I've ever seen. I'm not saying I think this boat will have a crappy wake. It just seems that more and more people on this site care about metal flake and 20" rims on their trailers than about how much the wake might help them enjoy being behind the boat just a little bit more. I hope MC knocks it outta the park with this boat and possibly starts a trend. Maybe push CC to bring back the old 210 hull budget boat version. I guess I'm still young enough that enjoying myself behind the boat is more important to me than people noticing what size rims I have at the boat launch and touch screens. I could care less if a boat has 550 hp and has 43 gold plated cup holders if the wake is sub par to my liking.
I have a 2014 A22 and I love my budget Axis. If Mastercraft can be competitive then I am open ears. My friend that is close to Mastercraft thinks this is the next best thing. I am intrigued but keeping an open opinion.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-02-2014, 5:31 PM Reply   
I am also intrigued. I love what axis has done and hope they keep selling a ton of boats to possibly trend the market back in the right direction. And I hear the a22 wake is niiiice!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-03-2014, 5:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
As a card carrying goggle wearing Nauti owner, I'd say this is genius. That boat is sweet. I'm not into purple but who cares? Buy a different color. I think they're gonna have a hard time keeping these on the lot. Even if the price does go over 60K, it's still A LOT cheaper than most and best of all, you can say you bought a brand new MC if you're "that type".
Agreed. Think theres going to be a line to get a boat.

Quote:
I was more comparing it to the Axis launch, they had a complete finalized boat when they introduced it to the market. As a consumer, I do not think this looks professional or well thought out to show a boat with an unfinished helm for a product reveal. Infact, I cant recall any boat maker ever doing this.
MC always thinks its cute to show alil bit at a time. I highly doubt they don't have a finished product if its a summer release. Doesn't make much sense to blow your load 4 months before release. This is just mastercrafts version of foreplay. Its beyond annoying but its gonna make a few people hold off on axis buys.

I'm also 100% in with the tower sucking. I would rather the tower be an option and just put on an aftermarket. Looks like an afterthought
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       02-03-2014, 11:35 AM Reply   
I'm interested to see what this will do to MC's name. Whether you feel that they are better or worse in actuality, there is no doubt some sort of prestige associated with the name, similar to the way people perceive brands like Mercedes in the auto industry. On one hand I'm sure there are some people who would choose the NXT over another budget boat because it says "Mastercraft" on the side, but at the same time if you're someone who just bought a $130K X-star you may not be too happy about them watering down the lineup. I realize this is something most of us on here wouldn't care about at all, but I think there are plenty of people who deeply look into which brands hold prestige and how they will be perceived if they own one
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       02-03-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
CC 200V is lame. Sorry CC lovers I have friends that just bought them brand new and unless you were giving me one I would not pay a dime for it. Of course if you want to slalom ok I guess. Better off buying a few year old 210. Now that its a 20footer I could care less. Might as well be a stripped down X2 which I would never own either test drove it rode behind it and went with the 205 Xstar. The boat should have been at least a 21.6 or 22 and somewhere between 98 and 102in beam. But I dont own mastercraft and have a feeling. Have a feeling this is going to go over like the budget based X1. Good luck MC looks like Axis and Bu is still gonna eat you for lunch. Next boat wont be an MC.
What are you talking about haha. I got so lost in this but really how much do you have to dislike CC to say you wouldn't pay a dime for an 79,000 Nautique. C'mon man, not to get off subject either and I understand people on this site need to be more open about peoples opinions and not knock them. I'm not knocking you for disliking the Sport 200, shoot I wouldn't want it either, but you better believe even if somebody offered me a brand new one for 40k I'd take. I just love the bold comments from people sometimes "I wouldn't pay a dime for it" yet you'd prob drop 50k on an axis A20. That's laughable to me sorry man.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       02-03-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
And you're so incredibly knowledgeable about the boat becuase "your friend bought one".. Like I said, it's not the Nautique I would want, I'm a board sports guy, not a skier, but I truly found that whole write up a little over board. I guess I'm the only one willing to comment about it.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-03-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
Dave O. I love CC would kill for a 210 230 etc. If I could have any boat right now it would be a 210 or possibly G21 even though I really dont like the looks of the G Series yet. So its not an anti CC thing. The 200 is not worth it. Give it to me for a nickel I will sell it in 2 seconds for the most I could get out of it. Then go by an older used 210. No I would not put 50k on an Axis A20 either. I am fairly knowledgable about the 200 because its right across the small ski lake from me. He is my closest friend on the lake did everything I could to get him to buy 210. I would rather ride behind my OLD ASS 2002 Xstar or the other boat I ride a ton behind 2001 210. I know your just another genius on WW that knows everything and wants rip on my post These are all just my opinions and am just a faceless guy on WW clearly not as smart or knowledgable as you in board sports or wakeboats. Just my opinion. Glad your so knowledgeable.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       02-03-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Dave O. I love CC would kill for a 210 230 etc. If I could have any boat right now it would be a 210 or possibly G21 even though I really dont like the looks of the G Series yet. So its not an anti CC thing. The 200 is not worth it. Give it to me for a nickel I will sell it in 2 seconds for the most I could get out of it. Then go by an older used 210. No I would not put 50k on an Axis A20 either. I am fairly knowledgable about the 200 because its right across the small ski lake from me. He is my closest friend on the lake did everything I could to get him to buy 210. I would rather ride behind my OLD ASS 2002 Xstar or the other boat I ride a ton behind 2001 210. I know your just another genius on WW that knows everything and wants rip on my post These are all just my opinions and am just a faceless guy on WW clearly not as smart or knowledgable as you in board sports or wakeboats. Just my opinion. Glad your so knowledgeable.
Don't take it personally Tampa, Dave sells Nautiques for a living and really seems to take anything negative about CC to heart
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-04-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
@Ttime ha Thanks. Funny thing is I certainly love CC. Easy to get butt hurt on WW ha.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-04-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
Last year at this time i had an 18 foot sea ray with a tower. I blew three head gaskets in that boat by putting too much weight in it for the puny 4 cyl engine. I would take a 200 sport any day of the week and me and my friends would ride better behind it than most of you with your 100k boats filled with gold.

Many on this forum are too focused on the haves and have nots instead of having fun on the water.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-04-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
If you're spending the money then why not focus on the haves and have nots?

Cool story about you riding better than most of us though.... lol
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-04-2014, 2:33 PM Reply   
Someone's mad about their Sea Ray.

Be proud of what you have but don't follow it up with a huge DB statement.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-04-2014, 5:24 PM Reply   
Buy some more head gaskets. This forum is only for us inboard snobs. Just kidding.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-04-2014, 7:06 PM Reply   
I am sorry if i came off as a DB.

I just keep on reading posts that are hardly ever constructive to the topic at hand. Sorry i got frustrated.

Oh and i sold that sea ray

Heres the point, if a boat makes somebody happy, we all should be glad about it. Not put them down.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-04-2014, 8:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
I am sorry if i came off as a DB.

I just keep on reading posts that are hardly ever constructive to the topic at hand. Sorry i got frustrated.

Oh and i sold that sea ray

Heres the point, if a boat makes somebody happy, we all should be glad about it. Not put them down.
What's a Sea Ray?
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-05-2014, 7:10 AM Reply   
This is what I had my last 3 years of college and first two years of full time employment.

I had a lot of fun with that boat
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       02-06-2014, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Don't take it personally Tampa, Dave sells Nautiques for a living and really seems to take anything negative about CC to heart
Haha yes I do sell CC and love the product. I really don't take many negative comments to heart either if I did good lord I'd be all over this site with bashing and trolling. I don't use this site for sales or to promote Nautique product either unless a poster is requesting it and I have even encouraged some posters to buy other brands becuase Nautique was not in their interest. Every manufacturer makes a great product for a great purpose whether it's the flagship or the price point. Each boat appeals to a certain buyer, but if thinking a comment such as "wouldn't pay a dime for a Sport 200" even from a CC lover is taking it to heart than man you must think a lot of people take things to heart. Tampa I think you would have to admit that was a bold comment. The Sport 200 doesn't appeal to me either becuase it's purpose doesn't fit my needs, but to the dad that still likes to ski and has kids that want to recreationally wakeboard and surf, it is a great all around boat and surely worth more than a dime.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-06-2014, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
Last year at this time i had an 18 foot sea ray with a tower. I blew three head gaskets in that boat by putting too much weight in it for the puny 4 cyl engine. I would take a 200 sport any day of the week and me and my friends would ride better behind it than most of you with your 100k boats filled with gold.

Many on this forum are too focused on the haves and have nots instead of having fun on the water.
Not sure.... What...

You realize the 200 is "bad" because it's a the nautque 200 OB hull, right?
Old     (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-10-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
I was more comparing it to the Axis launch, they had a complete finalized boat when they introduced it to the market. As a consumer, I do not think this looks professional or well thought out to show a boat with an unfinished helm for a product reveal. Infact, I cant recall any boat maker ever doing this.

Would be just as strange to have BMW release a new vehicle with no dash or steering wheel, but then tell you to sign up for updates as the vehicle reaches it final design. Maybe this is a new marketing strategy?
It's brilliant! This strategy for a teaser launch prevents some sales that would have gone to Axis and Moomba brands. Would it be better to launch when the boat is finally ready? No. This will probably help MC to have their best Q3 sales volume in a decade. If they launched a full-fledged boat in Aug, most of the market is going to sleep for the year. Waiting until the 2015 boat show season would kill the sales for 2014.

While there are many similarities to the car industry, the boat biz is so different in terms of household awareness, penetration and seasonality. Boats are almost as volatile as clothing.

Now, as for unprofessional, the production quality and low-energy script of their VP of sales & marketing could be deemed below par for what MC usually does. While I like to feed the monkey on my back with the idea of getting Jay's job some day, I'd have preferred to see Zane & Will (where'd she go anyway) with a polished script and some better filming. In reality, I'll take this simple teaser over the X-star launch when the crew took what felt like days to execute. the 'reveal' with Zane & John left trying to get some energy out of the crowd.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-10-2014, 5:04 PM Reply   
Ryan, I never looked at it that way but you bring up some great points. It will be nice to see the finished NXT product, MC definitely has some competition with the new release of the Axis T22, which offers a lot of space, looks great and is well priced. Not to mention the Moomba (now with a surf system), Supreme and Sanger stepping up there line. Some great choices out there for consumers looking for a good value boat.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-19-2014, 10:58 AM Reply   
From the mother ship:

The NXT is the perfect introduction to a variety of action, including wakesurfing. Nicely equipped at $50,000 USD, this is the most accessible MasterCraft ever. With good credit, a sample payment is about $400 a month.

ILMOR 5.7L Engine:

High performance, highly efficient.

State of the art electronics:

A 4.3" color screen and Zero Off speed control.

Rotocast Hard Tank Ballast:

Unleash the action immediately.

Tower:

Towboats should be able to tow.

MasterCare:

The best warranty on the water, hands down:
5 years, no fears, factory backed.

And dozens more quality
details designed to deliver
Specifications
Length Overall 20' 0"
LOA w/ Platform 21' 8"
Towing Length 25'
Beam 91" (7' 7")
Draft 27"
Boat Weight ≈ 4,000 LBS.
Seating Capacity 11 people
Fuel Capacity 44 Gallons
Ballast Capacity 875 lbs.

Narrow boat without a doubt. x2 is 96".
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-19-2014, 11:43 AM Reply   
No trailer?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-19-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Wow, 91" beam is super narrow. Especially for today's standards. Is that V210 skinny?

Also crazy that a 20' 91" beam boat will weigh 4000 pounds. That boat should sit down nicely in the water to help create a wake.

Last edited by polarbill; 02-19-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-19-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
Why would anyone in their right mind by a 50k PLUS boat that is 20ft long and 91inch beam. Thats basically a small version of my xstar 205v which is tooooooo fing small as is. This is just another repeat of the X1 price point. At this point an A20 would crush this. Well unless you want a sticker that says Mastercraft. How disappointing.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-19-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
and why not use bags......

I just can't see 11 people in a 20' ride with a 91" beam
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-19-2014, 12:42 PM Reply   
91" beam. Who is going to want this boat? The Axis A20 has a 98" beam. The Outback V is 96" and Mondo is 99".

The Mastercraft 205V hull, which was considered to be very cramped, was 20'7" with a 90" beam. This is going to be one cramped boat compared to the competition.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-19-2014, 12:53 PM Reply   
Nitrous dead on I own a 205v and cant wait to get a bigger boat.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-19-2014, 12:55 PM Reply   
That is the width of a Bayliner 185. Ouch! That is a very small 20' boat especially with the v-drive set up. Will it have wrap around eating or just a bench? I like the idea of what they are trying to do. I guess we will see when it comes out. My $50k is defintely on a Mondo. Of course I am biased. ;-)
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-19-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
I'd rather have an A22....

But seriously, this NXT better have a interior similar to the others MCs with diamond stiching and grain vinyl IMO. I know we haven't seen the wake or wave, but as of now, why wouldn't you go with an A22 for same price or a little more? 2' more, awesome wake, and a lot more room. A plain jane A22 could be had for mid 50s I believe , not to mention an A20 definitely could. But I'm an axis fan boy I guess, so take it with a grain of salt. Still interested in seeing more, and like how MC is building up the reveal!
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-19-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
Narrower than my old maristar, any more than 7-8 on our boat and it's uncomfortable
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-19-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
Lake limits, and more importantly to this type of market demographic is storage/garage space.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-19-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
My thoughts for a counter point...

My garage space is extremely limited, and I don't boat with a huge crew. I have no issues with the interior space on my X1. If Mastercraft keeps the gunnels narrow like they did on the new Prostar, it shouldn't be too terrible. Time will tell on that. Size wise, MC has a number of options if the NXT is too cramped, albeit at a much higher price.

As for why Mastercraft made it so small? I read a rumor on Teamtalk that suggested the NXT was spawned from a unsuccessful previous attempt at designing the new Prostar. Based on the length and narrow beam, that looks to be a definite possibility.

As for the Axis comparison, very good points. Out of curiosity, is the MSRP of an A22 or A20 really 50k? Because everything I see listed is 60k+. Remember, compare apples to apples, msrp to msrp.

I'm just happy to see another 20' boat that is value oriented. It definitely isn't for everyone, but for some of us it fits the bill quite well.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-19-2014, 2:13 PM Reply   
Judging by the pics, It looks like they did exactly that. Narrow Gunnels. It is certainly hard to tell how wide the interior is, from the photos. However, it is not hard to see how narrow the gunnels are. I wouldn't be surprised, if it is as wide inside, as the X2.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-19-2014, 2:21 PM Reply   
With a beam that small, I think we're going to see a VERY finicky wake. From the pictures, there is basically no padding on the side wall of the boat which is how they're planning on giving more space, but it looks like crap and it's probably super uncomfortable. Basically looks like how bayliner or stingray would build an interior.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 02-19-2014 at 2:26 PM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-19-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
My thoughts for a counter point...

My garage space is extremely limited, and I don't boat with a huge crew. I have no issues with the interior space on my X1. If Mastercraft keeps the gunnels narrow like they did on the new Prostar, it shouldn't be too terrible. Time will tell on that. Size wise, MC has a number of options if the NXT is too cramped, albeit at a much higher price.

As for why Mastercraft made it so small? I read a rumor on Teamtalk that suggested the NXT was spawned from a unsuccessful previous attempt at designing the new Prostar. Based on the length and narrow beam, that looks to be a definite possibility.

As for the Axis comparison, very good points. Out of curiosity, is the MSRP of an A22 or A20 really 50k? Because everything I see listed is 60k+. Remember, compare apples to apples, msrp to msrp.

I'm just happy to see another 20' boat that is value oriented. It definitely isn't for everyone, but for some of us it fits the bill quite well.
You can get an A20 for 50k if you try hard enough. You're not going to get tower speakers, heater, surfgate, etc... but you can get one in the low 50s.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-19-2014, 2:27 PM Reply   
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41569

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-A20-101946551

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-A20-101838970

Axis A20 pricing which would be close to an apples to apples with the MC. But everyone will say OHHHHH MC build quality is way better than Malibu/Axis and a better motor.

I'm just happy to see another 20' boat that is value oriented. It definitely isn't for everyone, but for some of us it fits the bill quite well.[/QUOTE]
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-19-2014, 2:43 PM Reply   
Std package is probably close to 50 k. And no options with these boats means no options. You barely get carpet , but no rack, lightening etc. I'm assuming the 50k all day is similar.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       02-19-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
Lmao!! F..k yo rims!! I'm to busy slamming my boat to be worrying about rims!@beleza
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-19-2014, 7:53 PM Reply   
super air nautique hull up until 2006 was guess what ladies and gents????

91 inches

While the super air/super sports don't offer amazing interior space they do offer a mackin
wake. Don't give up on her yet keyboard heroes.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-20-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
91inch width is a huge advantage imo. Narrower hulls need less weight to create tall wakes and are much cheaper to run. With these dims I look at this boat as a "core" riders boat. Who else in the market offers this? Every other boat is a party barge. The V210 is 90" wide and feels quite big inside thanks to narrow gunnals and cab forward driving position. Also helps with bow rise. I am not usually a fan of MC but this has potential.
Old     (ToddWake)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-20-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
yes, is def jetranger due to him trying to bait me into responding on another thread he made a few comments on .........buttranger is definitely an idiot to say the least. I don't even think he has a boat

I don't know about this helicopter you are talking about but I do have a boat.

I have a 2014 MXZ22. Brand new. I bought it because of its extensive bow storage and large cabin area. I also love how they incorporate plywood into their construction.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-20-2014, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta5spd View Post
super air nautique hull up until 2006 was guess what ladies and gents????

91 inches

While the super air/super sports don't offer amazing interior space they do offer a mackin
wake. Don't give up on her yet keyboard heroes.
210 can throw a mackin wake without a doubt, but it is sensitive side-to-side.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-20-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
V210 is not overly sensitive side to side, neither is the 205V
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       02-20-2014, 9:35 PM Reply   
Lol
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
newest video about nxt

http://www.mastercraft.com/WHATSNXT
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-20-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
So locally an NXT is coming in around the same price as a Moomba LSV a bit less than a Mondo and 10K less than an A22 or MB 21 tomcat.

As someone who is 90% wakeboarding, 5% surfing, 5% going for ice cream it presents me with an interesting range to consider (most of the time we are less than 5 people).

Nautique, care to chime in, or am I too poor for you? lol
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-20-2014, 3:41 PM Reply   
Equally optioned? Swivel racks, heater, PnP, lights, trailer etc. etc? Remember when comparing to an A22, your comparing a 20' and 22' boat. I'd say it can measure dongs with the A20

That video of the NXT looked pretty promising. The vinyl looked like it had a bunch of grain in it and better than the Axis. Tower doesnt look as awful with speakers hanging off of it. Im a fan of the manual switches at the dash. Im interested to see more!

Last edited by bryce2320; 03-20-2014 at 3:46 PM.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-20-2014, 3:53 PM Reply   
Great looking boat.

It all boils down to whether or not it actually sells well option for the advertised priced. When someone purchases one of these with all the said options and walks away @55K or less, then we can talk about it.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-20-2014, 3:59 PM Reply   
Mastercraft. Always stealing something.

http://www.nemesisnxt.com/kit/index.php
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-20-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
i think it boils down to the wake. a budget boat needs to have good wake. put the thing on the water and show us what it can do
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-20-2014, 6:27 PM Reply   
I camt wait to see some real pics on here or to see one in person.

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2014, 6:35 PM Reply   
Very well done video.
Old     (JEr)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-20-2014, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
Very well done video.
Did anyone else realize there was a 20 after the NXT. Does this mean they are already building a larger one????
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-20-2014, 7:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEr View Post
Did anyone else realize there was a 20 after the NXT. Does this mean they are already building a larger one????
Lol. Yes. I have been saying that for months. They expect to produce larger sizes of this boat.

Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-20-2014, 7:57 PM Reply   
It's interesting to see this going on in the boating industry!

The only way these companies can survive targeting this marketing strategy to downstream consumers is omitting the features that are desired by affluent consumers, and ensuring that the company’s brand image remains respected.

Once Generation Y goes crazy, we'll see who gets cannibalized!

A good old Fashioned, head to head battle over market share.... (Malibu vs. Axis) vs. (Mastercraft vs. Mastercraft's image)

Ding ding ding.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-21-2014, 6:45 AM Reply   
True on the 20' and 22' options from what I hear. Hear the 22' will follow a few mo after. I'm still concerned about the narrowness. I mean what are they going to do on the 22' version? Kind of laughable to have a 22' boat that narrow. Only thing I don't love so far is I was really hoping for gauges vs digital display. Sounds backwards but I like cheap and easily replaced. Was happy to see simple toggles though.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-21-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
When are they going to release pics of the wake? If its not close to an A20 wake, I'd think the boat will be a bust, except for the tubers and kneeboarders.