Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-10-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat but not much said about them on WW. Anyone with experience in and/or behind one?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-10-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
Great boat with a great vert wake when weighted properly.

You will find that most of the Centurion ownwers really only chime in on threads like this. They don't go around and "beat their chests" about their boats. Centurion puts out a rock solid product. You will notice some older posts with neg remarks about their wakes being finiky/touchy......Meaning weight placement is critical in Centurions more so trhan other MFG due to theri deep V hulls. The older Hurricane/Lightning hull was the boat in question, but when they changed it to the Elite V C4 hull it got a newer wake hull that is similar to the likes of the Avalanche and the Cyclone which were designed to be wakeboat hulls. Centurions offer you a ton of storage, a great all around boat with very clean graphics and gelcoat schemes. I think their worst feature was their Vinyl but depending on the year you are considering that may be a non-factor as they have steeped it up in that regard. Snap out carpet is a great feature that now most companies are offering even though Centurion has had it standard for sometime now. If you are lookinf for a great all around boat that does well in a a bunch of different situations I think the Elite C4 is a tough boat to beat.

A hydraulic wakeplate is a must option on this model. Will add to the performance 10fold what it costs. Centurions are great rough water boats and handle big lakes, rough waters, and double ups great. Their wakes are great. You can really get some great pop and kick out of them. They have nice firm peaks on most of their models that give you a nice straight up pop. I would also say go with the 3 tank ballast from the get go. For the most part the Centurion stock wakes with their 3 tank system are hard to beat. They will satisfy all the way to intermediate riders looking to go inverted for sure. I owned several models and will say for sure their stock wakes are hard to beat My old Cyclone's stock wake blows my current MC's away, but my MC willtake all the weight I want to dump in it and just keep growing whereas the Cyclone's kind of maxed out at a point. ME having 4 solid inverts and a 5th in the works would never be disappointed riding behind a stock Cyclone or Elite V C4. . Though optimally I would say to add about 250-300 in the nose as well as filling the stock.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-10-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Thanks Swatguy for the detailed info, just what I was looking for. They seem to be priced new about the same as the Sanger V215 and I think share similar quality. My original plan was to sell my boat and buy a used XStar/X1 like yours or older SAN 210. So far not much luck on selling mine so considering the tradein plan on a new boat with the price in the low 40s. With the boat show in town I'd like to know all of my options.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-11-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
I have been very happy with mine. And for the price you cant beat it! Solid boat. Need a little weight on the passenger side to level it out. Great all around boat. And in rough water it really performs well. The vinyl has not been a problem on mine. I have heard that is a problem of the past and Centurion changed what they were using. I have just over 100 hours on mine and the only problem has been the impeller going out the beggining of my second season. Keep one of those on hand at all times.
Old     (sks625)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-11-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
I have demoed one recently and loved it. I am highly considering Centurion when I purchase later this year. Waiting to check out the Falcon V.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       02-11-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
I have an 06 Elite V and love it. Have not had any issues and for the price you can't beat it. I picked mine up as a close out last March and put 90 hrs on it.
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-11-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
I love our Elite V. Could not be happier. Still have not got it weighted the way I would like...any tips would be appreciated if anyone wants to PM me their setup.

Only complaint I have is the dealer was TERRIBLE to deal with. As we don't really have a Moomba dealer in British Columbia though I didn't have a whole lot of choice.
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-11-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
I saw the Falcon at the richmond boat show a few weeks ago and was really impressed especially at the price point loaded with trailer for like 39K...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-11-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Shane,

What are you running now in your boat? IF it is the factory 3 tanks add about 300+- to the nose to start and raise the plate all the way up.

You can't go wron going new or used with the choices you have mentioned. We just ended up going used instead of a fifth new boat, so we could pay it off rather quickly now that I have 2 little ones. WE miss some features of the 4 Centurions we owned before we went with this used X-Star. We would have went with another Centurion or just kept our last boat had it not been for the dealer woes here. BUt for us the dealer problems killed our chances of owning a Centurion. WE are happy as can be with our "used" boat though. Great dealership and great product. A ton of people always forget that a good dealer will always win out when the boats are so close.

Again, of the choices you mentioned each has its pros and cons and the lists are very very close. You have to decide on which features are the most important. Either way you can't go wrong. Which is the best can be debated all day long. You have to pick what's best for you
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-11-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
No we only have the center tank. So I have 250 up front and I dont recall what we had in the two V Drive lockers.
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
We have over 200hrs on our 05' and not a single issue. A great boat at a good price.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       02-12-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
Shane,

My setup for surfing darkside is a 750 in the locker a 150 brick behind the driver, a 750 on the bench and the brick. a 250 under the bow seat and a 250 on top of it. Plus peeps.
Here some pics of the boat and wake with just 3 peeps.

Upload
Upload

For boarding I put the 750s in the locker fill the center tank and put the 250s in the bow one on each side. Don't have any pics of that wake. I dont board to offten.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-12-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
Are the 750's in the locker High Fly? Are they completely full?
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-12-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
DAMN! At first glance I thought your boat was sinking Michael. Thats a lot of weight stuffed into that thing. Nice wake!
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-12-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
I had an 01 Elite for five years. I recently upgraded to an MB. Nothing bad to say about the Centurion. Good boat and I never had a problem with it. My local dealer was also excellent.
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-12-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
Wow thats amazing. The boat definitely looks good like that
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-12-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
We have had an 05 elite v for about a year - for our use it’s a great boat. We were looking for a v-drive that we could enjoy with our friends/family and progress our wakeboarding from beginner to intermediate… without breaking the bank. The wake on ours is touchy but again, for our use, its fine - keep in mind that we have the old elite v hull.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       02-12-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
They are Fly Highs and are full.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-12-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
We've ha our for 3 years now. We've had no problems. The dealer we bought it from is fantastic. Really no complaints to speak of. Rides great in chop too. We're not hard core wake boarders though.