Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-18-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
do you think that would work? I saw the new boards at my local shop, and it seems like a cool idea. it seems like it would be nice to switch up your stance real fast if you have a smaller rider who wants to use your board.

http://burton.com/Gear/Default.aspx#/mens/boards/productDetail/70036/B80591051
this is jeremy jones board, which uses the EST binding tech
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-18-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
i did a quick little search for a better picture of the idea... It looks like something i swear i saw once on Neptune boards in the past or some other company. Maybe it didn't go over well when it first came out... but that doesn't mean it wont make ground later possibly. (closed toe bindings were made LONG before shane's by full-tilt and kinda bombed but now they are everywhere...Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-18-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
maybe i am mistaken about the attachment design existing on other boards in the past... tried to find a picture of one but cant find it... maybe someone else can enlighten me (us).
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       12-18-2007, 11:55 PM Reply   
im hoping i can mount my shanes on an est board for pond skimming this spring.

seesm to be lots of wake influences in the snow industry with burtons est and libs banana tech.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       12-19-2007, 1:20 AM Reply   
how could i forget about Da moose having the sliding track
http://www.nobulljustmoose.com/board.htm
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-19-2007, 5:58 AM Reply   
The 1999 thruster wakeboards had them.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-19-2007, 6:11 AM Reply   
ahahahahahahahhaah

DA MOOSE

Talk about ankle support!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-19-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thanx matthew... i knew i had seen something like that somewhere. Thruster, sure enough
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-19-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
That technology was owned by the parent company of thruster...abci holdings or something like that. I'm pretty sure that slider system first appeared on REV snowboards (under the same parent company). I thought the technology was patented, but I could be wrong.

Variations have appeared on other boards--gator boards used that system, as did forum snowboards (though I'm pretty sure theirs was two tracked).

Also, don't forget about the surf alley models, which had the single track mounting system back in 1993.

anyway, it seems like a bad idea to put a snowboard binding a wakeboard, becuase then you're going to be getting boots wet that really weren't meant for that purpose. Also, the stance pattern has to line up...
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-19-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
i never thought about putting wakeboard bindings on a snowboard..... but thats a sick idea for pond skimming!
i would definatly do that if i had one of those boards
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-19-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
waiting for da moose to show up in this thread now...
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-20-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
Surf Alley!! That's the one I was thinking of, WOW that was a long time ago!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-20-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
Garret Look up!
Its already hear.

i have never put snowboard boots of a wakeboard be4 but i have wakeboarded on a snowboard set up before, my advice is wear a Cost Gaurge Approved vest. Once those boots are water logged they are like lead blocks.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-20-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
you could probably get away with putting slingshot boots on a snowboard too