Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-08-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
Long story short my X1 engine hits the rear hatch and it cutting through, the brackets for the hatch have worn 1/4 inch into the exhaust manifold. I took the boat in for service and showed them the issues. They filled the holes in the manifold with mistery goo and the engine still hits the hatch. They told me thats how MC wanted the repairs done, i emailed MC and they are having thier rep go look into it. Any words of wisdom would be nice. I think the issue is they can not lower the engine to make every thing fit correctly and align, new boat?
Old     (texasmasterc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-08-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
....Should have bought a Malibu......

That is the only pearl of wisdom I can think of.

Be persistent and calm. Keep records of who you talk to at all times and what they say. I am sure they will help you out.
Old     (pendo)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-08-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
can you post up a picture?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-08-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
I would think there would be some way to move or modify the brackets so they don't hit the exhaust manifold? Would be nice to see pictures.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-08-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
I'm assuming this is an 07? If so, it is a known issue and MC will replace your rear hatch under warranty. The motors changed ever so slightly with the cats this year and that little plastic fitting on the top of the manifold hits the edge of the cutout in the bottom of the hatch. Again, they will get you a new hatch under warranty with the proper cutout for this.

Sounds like your dealer is either unaware, or jerking you off. Contact MC if you have to. Took about 5 weeks for MC to get a new hatch matching my interior colors to my dealer.

Edit: When you get the new hatch installed, you will immediately realize how dirty you've let the rest of the interior get.

Edit 2: I can take a picture of the underside of the new hatch when I get home to show your dealer if they really don't know about this, but they should.

(Message edited by Stanfield on February 08, 2008)
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
In general Mystery Goo is not how MC tells us to fix things. If your dealer is not being helpful make sure to stay on it with your rep. He will eventually get tired of you calling him and light a fire under the right persons a$$.
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-08-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
yes... there was a recall on the rear sundeck to fix this issue... and yes, i couldn't believe the color difference after it was installed.. guess it will even out over time..

(bad news for me, was we went through 4 of those plastic fittings moving water into the manifolds before mastercraft realized it was the deck and not something else)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-08-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
It's a know problem on that boat. The rep really shouldn;t be suprised.

The problem started in 2005 on the x2. I was told I would get new maifolds. Never wanted to have my boat off the water long enough to have the swap done.

Fill the holes, use a dremel to shave down the brackets, and call it a day. The brackets are simply too long.

My engine rubbed against the hatch to. Really wasn't a big deal though. No problems from it.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-08-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Jarrod, you might be talking about something else. I believe this is a problem that came up from 06 to 07 and the solution is a new hatch. There are no holes to fill. I circled the brittle composite fittings that hit the underside of the hatch and eventually break. IMO, simple brass fittings would correct the problem w/o issue, but if MC wants to replace the hatch, I had no problem with it.
Upload

(Message edited by Stanfield on February 08, 2008)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-08-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
Oh ndid I misunderstand. He was talking about a X1, and that's de not an X1.

On the X1 / X2. the dents in the manifolds were caused by the brackets that hold the little hydraulic thingies that hold the hatch open.

The engine cover also rubbed in the recessed area of the hatch.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-08-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
I know that isn't an x1 in the pic lol, it was just the quickest pic I could find of the new MCX motors with those fittings that hit the hatch and break. I'll post some pics tonight of mine.
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-08-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
Ok so got a call from dealer and they are now saying MC is sending new exhaust manifolds and making a custom hatch, so for now back to content, pics still welcome, i would like to see if i get the same result. Boat is an 06 by the way
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-08-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Here is the underside of the new hatch. The old one would just have a rectangular cutout instead of the cross. My tower is folded and inside my garage so the motor pic it is sort of hard to tell what was hitting, so see the pics above for a better frame of reference.
Upload
Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-08-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
is it the brackets that are hitting. what if you just moved the brackets out or in a little. there would be the 3 little screw holes there but who cares no one sees the bottom of the engine hatch.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-09-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
I wouldn't touch that thing myself. It it were a new boat under warranty I would make them fix the screwup.
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-11-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
I see the bottom of the hatch. :-)