Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-28-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a sure power 1314. The way I understand it is, the starting batt gets the alt hooked up to it, and gets hooked to the the #1 position on the 1314. Then the stereo batts get hooked to the #2 position and only get charged after the 1st batt is full.

One of the cool things about the 1314 is that if the start batt fails, the 1314 will connect and let the stereo batts start the boat. Thats the part that I have a question about.

My boat came with 2 batts and an isolator. I was thinking of using the isolator to keep the 2 stereo batts seperated. I could use 1 for each amp. The only problem with setting it up this way is if the 1314 ever let the stereo batts start the boat. It would pull a ton of current through the isolator all at once.

Do I even need to isolate the the stereo batteries from each other? It would be a lot easier to wire if I didn't.

Thanks, Joe
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-28-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
One more thing. If I want the emergency start function to work, It says to connect a wire to the key switch. The problem with my boat is theres a start button on the throttle. So I'm wondering if I could tap into the starter solenoid for this. It should do the same thing right?
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-28-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
You do not need to isolate the stereo batteries from each other.
Old     (vr6mole)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-29-2010, 3:57 AM Reply   
As said above you do not need to isolate the stereo batteries from each other. Just wire them up together as normal and then run one of the cables to the sure power.

Its rated at 200 amps which I think is more then enough coming from the 2 batteries.

Be careful, one of the wires on the starter is always hot. Make sure you tap into the switched wire (this will be a much smaller gauge)