Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-29-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Okay, I read all the posts saying such great things about Johnson Bimini so I went and ordered one for my 01 X-Star with ZeroFlex tower. Got it and was quite disappointed with the instructions which read something like "The short poles go in the front, the long poles in the back" and they included a picture that was of an X-10 which seemed to have a slightly different tower. So I figure okay, must not be that tough to install. Well, I must be an idiot because I fought it for hours and got it connected but it doesnt seem to fit right and putting it out is more of a chore than I think its worth.

To top it off, one day I closed it up and on the way home, it blew backwards on the highway breaking the eyeholes on the poles. So, frustrated I sent it back to Johnson Bimini who repaired it and charged me for the parts and shipping (which I dont have a problem with) because it was installed "improperly". Thankfully they waived the $80 labor they wanted to charge me.

So, I dont want to knock Johnson Bimini except that their instructions could be a little better. Maybe include a short video or something.

Does anyone have any closeup pictures of how their Johnson Bimini is attached to their tower? Any tips? There are little screws on the poles as well that can be adjusted and I couldnt get the thing to open without adjusting those every time.

Please help me out. I dont want to see (Now $620) go down the drain.

Thanks.