Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
What will you be doing, if anything this Sunday to remember 9/11/2001?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-09-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
I'll be working my butt off all weekend.

It's definitely been an interesting time to live in lower Manhattan. First when Bin Laden was killed... now the anniversary. Was supposed to fly back to SF today for a bit but had to delay my flight till next week so I'll be around. My apt is 1.5 blocks from ground zero - as you can imagine it's been nuts here. Security is insane, as are the crowds and the super annoying loud music and demonstrations.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-10-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
Just gonna spend some time with the family. We're not gonna deviate to much from the regular routine. Having lived and watched the events unfold from across the hudson...not a day goes by that when I look at NYC I don't get flashbacks to what happened. It doesn't help that I see NYC every morning that I walk into work. I lost two friends that day as well as three neighbors in my building. Its not that I will never forget, but the fact that I can't.
Old     (wakeskatethis)      Join Date: May 2011       09-10-2011, 9:08 PM Reply   
I wake up to reality

http://youtu.be/1mWgro5geAo
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-11-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
I woke up this AM, turned on the TV and found that I couldn't watch the family members remembering their loved ones. Too hurtful. I then switched over to A&E and watched the film put together, from raw footage, by the two brothers. It brought back a lot of memories of what we were doing just after and months after the attack.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-12-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
the film by the two French brothers on CBS last night was very well done. You never get used to seeing the horror of 9/11