Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-18-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
I've been looking at buying some fat sacs for my boat and am wondering where the best area to put them would be?? back? front? middle of boat?? I was looking at onlyinboards.com and they have a couple that look like they'd fit nicely. Just not sure where the best placing would be.

Also i'm looking at putting one or 2 subs in the boat as well, i'd install them where the kick plate is for the driver and passengers feet go so they need to be the type that doesn't need a box or porting..

thanks in advance...

Geoff
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
we have a 22 ft I/o and we put about 600 in the bow, and about 700 all the way in the back under the back seat. and the wake is pretty good
this pic is weighted like so, with 5 or 6 people (cant remember) in the boat and one in the water.

65 ft, 23 mph.
Upload

and this second picture was weighted about the same, but going at 22 at 65 ft.
Upload

and our boat when it comes to trim, from 1-10 you can run it, and from 11-25 is trailer mode. thats how our trim is guaged on the digital read out.
we set it at 4. and we get the best wake out of it
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-18-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
David, Thanks for the info... and pics to!! I never even thought about using my trim, it's not a digital but that's no big deal. That looks to be a very nice wake!!!

I currently don't have anything in the bow compartments so buying a bag to go in there would work well...
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
trim is SUPPER important. it changes it huge. give it a try. it cleans it up a ton.
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-18-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
thanks very much for the tip... i'm thinking the wake i'm able to get this year is going to be vastly diff. from what i'm used to!!
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-18-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
We have a 20 foot maxum I/o and run no ballast as of yet, but when we trim up a little, the wake deffinately gets alot better. Just trim up until it washed out at the peak then back off. I think our wake honestly grow at least 8" to a foot when we trim up. No pics though. Sorry.
Old     (epicwinnipeg)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-18-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
exactly what steve said...trim up till it starts to curl then go back just a hair.

this is behind a weighted glastron gx 185. 500 lbs in bow, 250 in ski locker, 250 under rear seat. 4-5 people in the boat.

1st pic - 65'...2nd pic - 75-80' back was much steeper and you could go WAY bigger.

UploadUpload
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-18-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
thats a pretty significant difference in wake height!!!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
i would just get up to speed, and start to pull the trim up until the wake gets cleanest, thats your best bet. either that or until you like the shape the best. i wish we could ride a little further back. our shape is best at 65, but you can ride at 70 and still have a clean wake. anything over 70 feet, even at 26 mph we cant get it clean.
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-18-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
thanks guys, looks like i've got some shopping to do.....

now i just need to get the sub situation figured out...
thanks

geoff
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
as for the sub, i know wet sounds makes a free air sub (no box) and we have one in our boat, it sounds pretty good, but 99% of the time, we run just the tower speakers, even when hanging in a cove, just the tower speakers are on.

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/XS-10FA.html

not sure about amps or any of that (i know we have 2 wet sounds amps in our boat though), but if your looking to put tower speakers as well (if you dont have them already) then the wet sounds WS-420 is an amazing EQ. being able to control the boat speakers separate from the tower is awesome, and supper easy to make small tuning adjustments on the fly. the mic is pretty cool to for being able to yell at power turners ;]

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-420.html

im pretty sure we ran 2 of these, one for the boat speakers and sub, and one for the tower. not 100% sure on that though
http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/SYN6.html
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-18-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
the pricing on the sub is ok but $900 for an amp!! holeee cow!!!!! I was looking around on there website and wow, some seriously nice stuff, but most of it is out of my price range for sure....

i currently have 2 kicker tower speakers and 2 sony 6X9's up in underneath the dash where the factory speakers were.... sounds fine but i'd like more oomph!!

thanks for the links..