Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
My local prop shop says they can change the props pitch in 2 in each direction...

Currently I have a 16 pitch prop and want to go down to about 14 for the weight I run, does it weaken the prop in any way, or affect its performance?

should I try to sell mine and just get a new prop?
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-06-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
I thrashed a factory 16 and had the prop shop repair it & change it to a 14.25 pitch...
I'm using it as a spare so it hasn't seen the water... It looks good thou...
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
I was just at the prop repair shop this morning getting my primary prop fixed. I asked about getting my 13.5x17.5 pitched down and he told me I could go to 13.5 to 15.5 no problem but not any lower than that.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2010, 5:45 AM Reply   
I discussed this with OJ props late last year. The most they recommended changing the pitch was 2 degrees.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-07-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
It can be done typically without issues. BTW, a change of 2 inches is very significant. If you go below 14 inches, it's likely that you won't be able to get to wakeboarding speed before redlining.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
I have one on my boat and love it. its a great upgrade when your having it repaired anyways. I think my shop only charged an extra 40 bucks for mine. ive run it for 2years now with no issue.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-08-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
I did it. Had the factory 13.5 x 17.5 repitched to 13.5 x 16 by a very reputable shop. I hated the prop after the repitch, it developed a ton a turbulance under the boat, ran very noisy. Pulled it an replaced it with a new Acme after one weekend of use. I recommend against any significant modification of these CNC machined props. If you to fold or tear a blade, buy a new one to use as your primary, keep the old repaired prop for your backup.