Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-18-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
I have an 07'Moomba. It came with the worst ballast system ever. Now for the 09' boats, they came with a better system. Does any one have a suggestion on a pumps that I can use. I did change out the system that I had. This is what I did. I removed the single 500GPH pump and installed 3 new 1200GPH Tsunami pumps, one for each bag. Now the problem. In our boats, we have the sprinkler valve system. I used the valve to open and close the water flow. Well this weekend, I tried the new system. The valve system is crap. water was spitting out of the valve. There has been a few thread about removing the internal spring on the valve. The water flow increased tremendously. Great right, not really. Now the spring are out, the water flows freely into all the back when the boat is in motion. I think that I need to redo the system again. I was looking at the Jabsco pumps. There are two that I light. The first is the reversible at 9gpm or 540gph. Or the single way at 6.3gpm or 378GPH. I really like the Tsunami pumps. They really pump a grip load of water. Is there anything that I can use as a valve to solve my problem or do I need to go back to the drawing board.
Tazz
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-18-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
Get rid of the sprinkler valves altogether. Use a Drainmaster electric RV sewer valve as a master water valve.

It will basically work the same way as if you turned a seacock on or off manually right at the water intake.

Run hose unrestricted right to the ballast bags.

When you want to fill the sacks, open the main valve with a switch. When the sacks are full, close it. It's pretty simple, and ABSOLUTELY the fastest way.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-19-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
you just need one way valves (check valves). Thery're like 3 bucks at Home depot. Don't scrap the tsunami pumps!!!

They're much faster and draw a lot less current than the stupid ass Jabscos. You just have to think about the design of the system.

aerators pump in one direction, not both. so you don't need a fancy valve to open, you just need a check valve that only allow flow in one direction. if the valves close completely, then keep them, if not throw them in the trash. Sounds like they restrict flow anyway. Put a gate valve on your water intake and close it when you're full.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-19-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Nacho, I tried the check valve. When I was on my way, the water came in through the pump through the check valve and into the boat. That is why I added a 12v valve there. I am going to give another manufacture a try before I give up hope sell the boat and buy something that I do not have to mess with. Really leaning towards the new 230 Team Addition Nautique. Sweet Boat.