Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-14-2004, 7:58 PM Reply   
Anyone know where the best spots to ride are? Any sliders anywhere on the lake? I'll be near Bullfrog so keep that in mind. Anyone else gonna be there from the 22nd to the 1st? Hit me up! Later
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-15-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
Tyler, if you putting in at Bullfrog, we either go south to Lake Canyon or North to Hansen Creek Canyon. My preferance would probably be North to Hansen Creek Canyon. As long as you find a good inlet/cove off the main channel you'll find sweet spots to ride.

Remember the lake is about 42% of full right now so the topography will be totally different from when we/you were there last. In fact, the Bullfrog ramp officially closed last week. It's my understanding you can still use the ramp just that you are launching at your own risk.

Take some pictures, and post when you return. I can't get enough of LAKE POWELL. Have Fun.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-15-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Bring a good cooly cup and lots of sunscreen. It's going to be HOT! Have fun, it is a magical place.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-15-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Bring a spare prop. As always lots of submerged rocks.
Old    shareejeremy            07-16-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
We just got back last night from Powell. It may be 1/2 full, but it's still 100% fun!
We launched from Wahweap. The paved ramp ended right at the water, you had to drive down off the pavement to launch. Don't know how much longer it will last.
It also stinks that you have to go down around antelope island to go up the channel. It got pretty round going around.
Once you get out though, it's great. We camped in a nice little cove that was pure butter in the evening and the morning.
Take lots of sunscreen, but be prepared for the afternoon storms.
Old    shareejeremy            07-16-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
My boy feeding the carp at Dangling Rope Marina

Old    shareejeremy            07-16-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   

Old    shareejeremy            07-16-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
My brother climbing up to Cathedral in the Desert
Old    shareejeremy            07-16-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
Ok, last one. Hole in the Rock
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-19-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
Sweet pics, Sharee. Lake Powell is one of my most favorite places ever. How often do you guys get down to Powell being from St. George and all?
Old    shareejeremy            07-19-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
Brad,
I've been a few times, years ago. We just got a boat 4 months ago, and this was our first trip with our own boat. We have 3 more trips to Powell planned for this summer. We hope to make it at least 3-4 times a year.
We spend most of our time at the new Sand Hollow Lake, it's only 15 minutes away. We go there 2-3 times a week.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
Thanks all for the advice...greatly appreciated. I leave in the morning and couldnt be more stoked!!!
Old    kirknzay            07-27-2004, 6:09 PM Reply   
We are going to Powell mid September. Leaving out of Waweep with a houseboat. Just looking for some current information. Anyone been recently? Any feed back will help.
Old    alibali            07-28-2004, 1:30 AM Reply   
What houseboat are you going on? We went on the Odyssey III, which is the brand new houseboat...it was an amazing houseboat at the boat show, but we encountered several problems on the water such as the engine(S) dying to an electrical fire....even though there were many, many, many problems , we still had a great time! Enjoy your trip!! I AM SO JEALOUS!!! The lake is absolutely amazing :-)
Old    kirknzay            07-29-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
Ali,
We are leaving out of Wahwweep on an Adventurer XL 54 which last year was a Sport Class 54. We have some friends that rented one last year who said it was really nice. We want to end up close to Dangling Rope for gas and supplies. After going through the narrows we'll have to stop somewhere 1st. Face Canyon??? We're thinking maybe end up at Rock Creek Bay. I haven't been to the lake for 3 years and know it will be quite different. Any other suggestions? How much was gas at Dangling Rope, 5 bucks a gallon???
Old    dmpappy            07-30-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
We spent a week in Last Chance Bay. Had great water everyday.

Watch out for the afternoon storms. They can kick up quickly.
Old    shareejeremy            07-30-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
When I went Dangling Rope gas was barely over $3.00. I don't remember exactly
Last Chance Bay was where we stayed also. A really great area, with lots of places to camp.
Old     (baja)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-02-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
Additional recent information would be appreciated.
Old    norcal_99            08-02-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
What's the water level? A friend of mine said it's really low.