Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-10-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
One of my friends brought this one of a kind board with him to day. I think the board is over 12 years old and was originally used as a knee board. The fin is a jumbo! Our lighter riders are 140 and 170 pounds each and surf the goofy wake, which is OK on my boat, not quite as good as the regular wake. When we slowed down from a normal surf speed of 9.8 to 10 mph to about 8.5 mph the 170 lb rider was able to free ride. I didn’t ride the board, it’s far to small to support my weight. Our riders said that since the board has no edge it’s a little hard to control.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            05-11-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hey Ed, that looks like one of the ocean kneeboards:

http://www.romanoskykneeboards.com/2006/

Check picture of the guy in the lotus position with the "100 pound" weight and you can see a similar skeg.

I wonder if it IS an ocean going board how it found it's way to Ohio! :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-11-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
I don't know, it looks similar to the ocean knee board in the link. The board was marked with text that said it was the second proto type, so I guess it isn't a one of a kind. I’ll see Kevin this Saturday and ask him about the board.

I'm not sure how much effort this board is worth. We think the fin has too much drag and may replace it or cut it down.
Old    Johnny Wadd            05-11-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
I have been around plenty of kneeboards. I have to say I have never seen one quite like that. Very intersting design. Especially that huge fin.
Board More/Work Less!
J$