Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-16-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
Just got mine. Riding was awesome, music was definately not my favorite, didn't flow for me like other Kilgus films. So what did you think?
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-16-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
i liked the chamillionaire song in randalls part. Wasnt a fan of a bunch of the other stuff. Still one of the best movies ive seen! I think with all the HD filming they do now they will just keep getting better! I cant wait for someone to set up a zip line over the entire lake and have the camera follow like 10 tricks! HMMMMMMMM!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/598624.html?1215710764
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-17-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
was not overall impressed with the movie really

I was with randall/benny g's parts, the music and editing with theirs part was spot on ! but everything else just seemed low budget and rushd
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-17-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
i didn't like most of the music all that much either
1st. Danny
2nd. Rusty
3rd. JD
4th. Ben G
they owned
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
Liked Randall, Benny, and Dannys section minus the music. I'm going to play his song from Free 4 all or All or nothing next time I watch his section. Kilgus F-ed up his Chi with that Pearl Jam junk.
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-17-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
ben greenwoods song was pretty raw though
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
I didn't mean to sound like all of the music was bad. Just a couple of songs.

Overall I love the video. It looks anything but "low budget" to me
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-18-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
I guess low budget isn't quite the word, it's just not the same compared to some of kilgus' other works or films like Transgression or Push Process
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
I loved Drive, one of my favorites!!
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-18-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
drive is awesome imo sum songs didnt fit but hey it happens the camera shots with the boom are epic tho
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-18-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Low Budget it is certainly not. While I do prefere some of the older vids. The production value of Drive is amazing. I watched it thinking this is on par with high-end snowboard vids. I think its great. He had some great ideas and put them into play.
Same can be said about push-process, but I believe Drive took it that little bit further.
I've always thought Wakeboard movies, as much as I enjoy them, have seemed very amateur compared to Skate, Bmx, and my fave, snowboard videos, artistically and technically.
Now with the Truth, Transgression, Push Process and Drive we're seeing a huge jump in quality. The future for wake films looks great.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-18-2008, 11:22 PM Reply   
Kristian i agree with you on that but, idk something just didn feel right about this film, mostly the music, other than randall and adam/jimmy's segment not only didn't match the riding, but the filming techniques, or the sport for that matter.

but whatever we all have our own opinions
Old     (bouvs)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2008, 12:07 AM Reply   
I thought Drive was done extremely well, the only downfall is that Kilgus' earlier videos were done so well it is hard to beat them. There are some amazing aspects to this video. Gabe Lucas' gap, filmed with the jib boom was great. I thought the zipline was really cool, and showed how much fun you can have with a bunch of friends, a sea doo and few planks of wood. U can see Rusty running to pass off the line to Danny, so they can hit it as much as they can. That section put a smile on my face, one because i am quite familiar with Rusty's back yard, and how great of a set up it is. Also, Benny G's section is done incredibly well, i thought the song choice was a perfect addition to the section. Benny's style is just so mellow and smooth, just like the track, it all seemed to just flow. The cinematography was awesome as well, the reflections on the landings in the blue water were rad. Rusty's section was great too, although hard to beat his section for bent Felix, threw some hammers down, especially with that super clean 1080. I would have liked to see a bit longer section for him and Danny. Danny's section was super tech, especially with his 10 at the end. No words will do Randall's opening section justice, he is back, and killing it. Great way to open the video. Rucks' section was great, some nice tech inverts, with his special laid back style on them.

just my 2 cents, but i thought this video was superb, congrats Kilgus
Old     (bvanhemmen)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-27-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
Did not like the video at all. Would only re-watch to see randall's and danny's parts with mute on. To many shots used that shouldn't have been used. As in poor grabs, bad railslides, landings etc. All in all glad i wasted a bunch of money to get it.