Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-06-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
Does anyone have the instal instructions pdf for a 08 Malibu wedge system that you could send me or post please? The one on Bakes does not apply to my boat and need it asap for actuator replacements on my VTX. All and any help appreciated, thanks
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-06-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Don't forget to re-calibrate.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-06-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
Yea, got all that stuff printed but saw a pdf on the remove and instal that had pics ect... Would love to have it as we are gonna try to do it tomorrow. Any tips or how to would be appreciated. Thought I saved the pdf but can't find it anywhere in my computer. Was real nice as it said how to extend actuators and make sure both were correct before the whole calibrate parts.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-06-2012, 8:58 PM Reply   
From what I cna remember from my friends, all we did was just take off the bolt/pin where it connects to the wedge and just take everything off from there. No butt connection for the wires or anything, I think we just cut them.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-06-2012, 10:11 PM Reply   
Brian, you should join the Malibucrew, there more than likely will be someone on the site that can answer your question.. There are over 15,000 members on the site, its a great resource for Malibu owners.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-07-2012, 6:25 AM Reply   
Trav, already there man. No responses. Searched the archives for the info with no great results. I know I saw a real good one somewhere a while back but I just can't find it anywhere,pics and step by step with how to run the actuators ect... before final hook up and calibration ect... If not done right they will fail as you well know. Frustrated, trying to get them in before a Norris trip
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-07-2012, 6:54 PM Reply   
Done. All good now. Calibrated and ready to rock. Not such a bad job.
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-08-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Brian....can you give a little insight to the repair? Our wedge has been zip tied up for a couple of weeks and I really don't want to haul it to the dealer. We had to typical problem with the wedge not fully retracting. We have a 2007 VLX with a ton of hours and this is our first wedge issue.
Any help would be greatly apprectiated!!!
JHolmes
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-08-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
John, sent ya PM so you can call me. Depends on the issue what you may or may not have to do.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-08-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
You'll have to PM me. Can't seem to get into the PM for ya. Not fully retracting can be a manual calibration issue, your wedge is adjustable on the Frame/mount at the backj of boat. Wedge egde tips have retracted have to be even with the frame/mount and then you have to remove sensor,rotate the inside white cap fully clockwise then reattatch and then go thru the calibration in the menu starting with wedge fully down. Make sure wires to sensor are out of way of wedge assy so they won't pinch. They is a pdf I got from Malibu that shows how to do it and some stuff on Bakes site that shows some of this stuff as well. The one I got from Malibu was specific for my yeear boat.