Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-30-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
I have a job offer in the South Dallas area and I'm considering moving there. I've been checking out housing and I'm interested in the Joe Pool area. Does anybody live and ride there? Is it a good lake to board on? Are there houses with lake access and how much do they go for? How is the area and how are the schools? Any info would be appreciated.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-30-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Jim there are lots of people that ride on Joe Pool. Post this same question up on dallaswakeboarding.com if you haven't already.
Old     (bonty88)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-30-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
I live there. There are no houses on the lake with water-front property. There are communities close to the lake though. Mansfield has a great school district and is a booming area. The lake has one marina and is a decent size. There is not a lot of protection from the wind on the lake and the weekends in summer are crazy. It is hit and miss. When the wind is up it is like an ocean and when it is down you can find some good water.
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-30-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
I looked at dallaswakeboarding.com but you have to be a member to post and I was to lazy to sign up. I guess I should for such a speficic question....
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-30-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
THE JET SKIeS are crazy
not the best boarding in the area
the wind or other boat chop is always a factor

unless of course you are boarding when everyone else is at work or school
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-30-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
bonty - Mansfield sounds good, I'll check it out.

Cliff - Ok, what is the best boarding around???
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-30-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
Definitely go to the dallaswakeboarding.com site...the Texas wakeboard scene is very active. You'll have no problem finding good water if you move there. There are lots of other lakes in the DFW area as well.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-30-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
jimR, I'll answer for cliff "were not allowed to talk about it"
Old     (shaggystud06)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-30-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
Talk to The Bill
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-30-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Jim
wind is a factor almost anywhere around here
but
having said that
on the weekends it's best to either get up real early or drive down to the brazos.....it's only 1 to 2 hours away

my home lake is good for early morning sets

Joe Pool is ok if you ride along the dam when the wind comes from the north
or the south shore line by carrier pkwy....across from the marina....if the wind is from the south

don't mean to discourage.....I just haven't had good luck at Joe Pool
but there are guys around here that love the lake

good luck
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-02-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Brazos River hands down best kept secret in Texas. 30 min south of Arlinton
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       12-02-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
I guess it is not so much a secret anymore after being in Wakeboard Magazine & everyone on here that runs their mouth about it.
But the best Lake IN Dallas/FortWorth for windblock & less traffic is Lake Worth maybe Lewisville but only if you know where to go without ruining your prop.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-02-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Gene
I can't imagine that it is a secret anymore

a few years back....well maybe

I always knew about it....even years ago, but it's not always the most convenient place to go

sorry if I have aided in spoiling the place to the masses
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       12-03-2007, 4:39 AM Reply   
No Cliff I am just joking around really but the more newbie's that find out about it does make it get really crowded in the heat of the summer. I think the flood this year scaled alot of that back though. Definately inconvenient to drag the boat down everytime.