Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (air_railey)      Join Date: May 2007       07-15-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
I am new to wakesurfing but I am having trouble staying in the pocket.I am surfing port side. Port side ballast full,kgb ballast full and a 750# fat sac in the port side locker.perfect pass at 10.5 I am ridding a cwb tsunami 4'9. I weigh 205. What am I doing wrong?
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-15-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
try a bigger board
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-16-2007, 1:59 AM Reply   
Change your weight set up.
I was a huge dis-believer in the Xstar surf wake, but after getting some suggestions from the Brothers Heaney I've seen a good port surf wake.
Get rid of all the stock ballast and just load the port side locker. We were surfing an 07 Xstar with just a 500lb sack in the back at about 11mph and the wake was big.
See if that gives you a bigger sweet spot.
And try a bigger board.

(Message edited by vfalco on July 16, 2007)
Old     (dubsac)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-16-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
I will third the bigger board suggestion. I would suggest an Inland Surfer Blue for your size. I weigh 175 and switched to that board from a Hyperlite Coex and it made a night and day difference in my surfing, particularly the ability to stay in the pocket. I have an IS Red and Yellow as well, but even the bigger riders tend to prefer the Blue over the Red as it is more manuverable.
Old     (air_railey)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
What is the difference between the red and the blue inland surfer. Who has the best price on them. Thanks for all the help.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
im not sure of the diff between red and blue, i have a yellow, which i think is the smallest, and it was $450, blue one i know is bigger then the yellow but im not sure about red
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
anyone got pics of the 07 x-star surf wake?
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
the difference between the blue lake and the red tide. the red is more for real big people or real small wave. the blue is faster surf style. if you just want to cruise surf style the blue is good but if you want to do tricks you'll want a different board. the loogey is better but walker and walzer are best in my opinion.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2007, 12:40 AM Reply   
hey falco i was just surfing today behind my 07 x-star and i couldnt get the wake up at all, it looked like crap, does that really help, i had center and starboard filled with 6 ppl on starboard, and we were turning a little bit
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-20-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
empty all the stock ballast( no rear and no center) and just load the rear locker with sacs. The stock ballast is in the wrong place, too far forward.
We surfed an 08 Xstar last week with the port locker full of sacs and no other ballast except people.
It works.