Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    mystygrl            09-15-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
Hey-- I'm starting at UCR and have wanted to wakeboard for a while now but have no access to a boat or know anyone. I have my own board and all, but is there anyone out there in the surrounding area willing to take on a newbie into their group? I'd really love to learn, and it's been killing me to get out there. thanks!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-15-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
Simone,
There are a ton of riders with Boats up here in Riverside County. The good thing for you is there area couple of really close lakes for you to hook up on. Lake Perris is only about 15 min. from UCR, Lake Elsinore is about 30 Min. form you. Then thier is Canyon lake and Vail Lake (both Private but there are lots of people on here that belong to both that are willing to share thier boat). Look out for "TeamValdez" posts.. She has alot of info about the goings-on at Canyon lake and the contests up there, and although I have never met mer she seems very nice and is definately well respected in the Wakeboarding community. I myself belong to Vail Lake but with the kids soccer is going full bore and Im pretty much done for the summer on the weekends. Although I am sneaking away to Lake Powell for 5 days next week.

Sean (priaprizm) Jackson is another person who takes his boat out often and always invites Newbies to come along. He is a Quality person with a sweet boat and he rides a lot down at Elsinore and i believe Perris.

Good luck to you and welcome to SO Cal East
Old     (doubleup144)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
Hey...best of luck with UC Riverside. I graduated from there in '03 (BS, Biochemistry) and now at the Univ. of the Pacific, getting my PharmD/MBA.

Hopefully the construction won't be too bad. Just keep at it, searching for someone to hook you up with a ride. Most likely, you'll find a ride early in the morning since it either gets blown out or just too many boats on the lake by 10am.

Lothian!!!!!

Pete
Old    six            09-16-2004, 1:37 AM Reply   
Simone,I will be going out Fri morning early and /Sat. also.You are more than welcome to join -us.Call me at 951 751-6635
Mark
Old     (chestech)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2004, 5:59 AM Reply   
Erik - what's the story w/ Vail Lake? Is it nice? Get very busy?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-16-2004, 7:53 AM Reply   
Chester,
Vail sucks

It totllay blows out by 9am. Lots and lots of boats. They have oversold memberships and the weekends are like lake perris. Not to mention that there is no water left in the lake. I have ruined 2 props because I have run into things underwater in the middle of the lake.

Stay far away from the place
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-16-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
Scooby Doo laugh. He He He He
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-16-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
Erik ~ I understand why you say that, but you should be careful if you didn't ruin 2 props. karma is a bad thing.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-16-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Hi Simone, welcome to Riverside County. You got here just in time for a Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club contest this Saturday. A great way to meet people that are like minded with you. From beginners, all the way up to world champions. (and Allllllll those in between) all you have to do is show up at one of the gates and say you are there for the comp. Ask the guard which way to the ski course and they will give you a map on how to get there. Any questions please feel free to call me at (909)515-9082 HTH!!

Hey Erik, thanks for all the kind words,you are so sweet. hugs, robyn

Sean, are you coming out to the contest Saturday??What about if we give you a scooby snack??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-16-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
welcome to the 909!

oh...and the 951
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-16-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
Nine Five WUUUN
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-16-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
ANT,
Actually everything I said about VAIL is True. It is blown out after 9}am, There are a million Boats there on the weekend, I have ruined 2 props there and they have oversold the memberships, And most of all there is barely any water left in the LAKE. Ask anyone else that is a member and they will agree with me.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-16-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
Now that we are 951 instead of 909, Do we have to listen to the annoying rants from all the MotoX guys saying were throwin down from the 951!!!

I cant stand those guys claimin area codes, Like Beumont is such a nice place to live.
Sorry for the rant.
Erik
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-16-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
Eric ~ How about I meet you down there one weekend and we can get some riding in and I can get a over view of the lake?

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-16-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
maybe in October some time when it gets less crowded.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-16-2004, 3:22 PM Reply   
october sounds good to me
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-16-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
cough...cough...me too erik...cough...
Old    martini            09-16-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
welcome to socal and wakeworld simone-if you really want to get some invits to ride post a photo like umali's profile pic and your sure to get plenty of offers to ride!

Old    mystygrl            09-17-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
OMG! Thanks so much all of you. You guys, and gals, are all awesome! Unfortunately I'm moving in, to Lothian, hehe, on Saturday, tomorrow, so I can't do anything this weekend I think unless I can try to make it to the contest after I move in. But I appreciate all the help!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-17-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
First thing you gotta learn here in Cali is to adjust your priorities. Contests come first. (Except for us that have hids in AYSO, Pony, etc.)
Old    mystygrl            09-17-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
hehe, very true, but i'm not even capable of entering a contest yet, believe me, i'm a reeeeal beginner :-P
Old     (bspurr13)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-17-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
Hey Simone,

I am somewhat new to to wakeboarding myself, but just bought a boat (mastercraft) and am always looking for a 2nd or 3rd to ride w/... I work a funny schedule - 24 hr shifts on a rotating basis, and am free alot in the middle of the week when there are no crowds and less morons. I live in Temecula which is close to Elsinore and Perris and have friends in Canyon Lake. Give me an email and maybe we can set something up...

Oh, and I see Sean Jackson is on this forum.... What's up Sean, it's Brett - Give me a call!