Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-29-2013, 3:17 PM Reply   
I hear you. And those are the toughest to moderate because they are boring as hell to read through due to the fact that the exact same thread was most likely posted just a few months prior!
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-29-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-30-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzuck View Post
My favorite part of this entire thread are all of the fan boys (yes, you too Solo) suggesting that it is immoral to dislike or comment on a crappy rap video because the idiot with the gun to his head is an excellent wakeboarder. Also amusing is the 'nobody makes you watch it' line. You people have caught one too many toe edges.

A close second is Dave. Canning a WW thread for those stated reasons should win him an award. Convincing some of you idiots that it is unrelated to those entities in the banners should win him something else.... maybe a black cooler that keeps ice "not wet" for a long time?

The worst part of this thread are those of you who feel it necessary to say, in a whiny little five year old voice, "it's Dave's site! he can do whatever he wants! loogit the policy statement *link*" Seriously... that's next level nerd game.
I clearly stated that everyone is entitled to their opinion. My comments were directed at assumptions about Randall's personal life which no one on this thread knows anything about. That is all. I did finally see the video. While I don't personally agree with his choices to make said video, I'm not judging him as a person based on a rap video.

And bizzuck if you don't like the site why are you still here? Just sayin...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-30-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
Who is this guy from the Vlog video? He's going on & on talking about meeting Randy Harris in the wake scene and following him that way. Talking, kind of melodramatically, about how excited he is to be part of the movement etc. And how "he's down for them" which is the kind of language that a person normally uses when they're on a conjugal visit. Sounds & looks like he is absolutely blazed, but who is he?

And what's up with Ricky Gonzales full-on endorsing the whole video thing in the extended cut/documentary thing too? He's on camera talking a whole bunch of nonsense about how amazing their music is "dope as f**k" how his daughter "raps that sh*t". It is so strange.

Seeing Randy Harris like this, in this state actually upsets me a little after all of his talk about being close to death etc from drug use and alcohol overindulgence..

Last edited by juniorhawk; 04-30-2013 at 1:19 PM.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-30-2013, 3:11 PM Reply   
How about guys that make comments about another guy's wife. I think that is a grounds for termination.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-30-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
Yeah, but have you looked at an MB yet
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-30-2013, 9:59 PM Reply   
Yea the new mb's are sweet. Been checking them out ever since the driveshaft on my G snapped.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-01-2013, 9:32 PM Reply   
thought this thread could use a nice little tangent of gear and tech excitement pulled from the mutiny freeboards facebook site
Attached Images

Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-04-2013, 10:07 PM Reply   
If you want to find the video just Google:

TK & JuneDocc - Por.Vida Vlog.. EP. 1

If you are going to watch it make sure there are no children around.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       05-05-2013, 8:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscxstar View Post
If you want to find the video just Google:

TK & JuneDocc - Por.Vida Vlog.. EP. 1

If you are going to watch it make sure there are no children around.
Or fans of Randy Harris that admired him through all his trials & tribulations. Or wakeboarders that saw him as a role model despite being younger than themselves. Or people who saw his recovery & rehab days as an endearing quality. Relapse is a part of recovery but this is the stupidest publicly posted thing I have ever seen a rider do (some private'ish pics on facebook aside, pro riders smoking cigarettes etc - forgivable stuff in my opinion in that case).

I can't see how Malibu boats keeps an athlete on the books that outwardly condones the purp and the drank and the guns and all of that stupid nonsense.

I don't know why Ricky Gonzales would agree to go on camera and cosign that garbage. I find this all so ****ing weird.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 05-05-2013 at 8:52 PM.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-06-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
Garbage being the music or the image portrayed? Is all this west coast gansta image shared/supported all across California or do some of the people there see it like the rest of the country does?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-06-2013, 4:15 PM Reply   
Eubanks, I can't speak for anyone except myself and my closest friends, and we see it the way the rest of you do. I imagine I am in the majority.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-06-2013, 7:34 PM Reply   
Erik - agreed.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-07-2013, 7:44 AM Reply   
i can't speak for cali, but washington finds it pretty stupid as well...
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-07-2013, 8:28 AM Reply   
I think Malibu should try to capitalize off this vid and have a Malibu's Most Wanted edition MXZ...anybody with photoshop want to help them out???
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-07-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
I thought Randall rode for axis not malibu...
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-07-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by homedawg678 View Post
I thought Randall rode for axis not malibu...
Axis Wake is an independent brand within Malibu Boats...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       05-07-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
Axis Wake is an independent brand within Malibu Boats...
So then not independent at all. Ok. Got it.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-07-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorhawk View Post
So then not independent at all. Ok. Got it.
I am just going off of the website... "Axis Wake Research is an independent brand within Malibu Boats, LLC. While the boats are..."

http://axiswake.com/company/
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-07-2013, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorhawk View Post
Or fans of Randy Harris that admired him through all his trials & tribulations. Or wakeboarders that saw him as a role model despite being younger than themselves. Or people who saw his recovery & rehab days as an endearing quality. Relapse is a part of recovery but this is the stupidest publicly posted thing I have ever seen a rider do (some private'ish pics on facebook aside, pro riders smoking cigarettes etc - forgivable stuff in my opinion in that case).

I can't see how Malibu boats keeps an athlete on the books that outwardly condones the purp and the drank and the guns and all of that stupid nonsense.

I don't know why Ricky Gonzales would agree to go on camera and cosign that garbage. I find this all so ****ing weird.
Let it go dude. Geezz...