Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-24-2012, 9:20 PM Reply   
I was at a pro shop this week looking for a new wetsuit and they had these in the store. They look like a ton of fun. The girls said they have sold a ton and only have a few left.

Could even use them to film wakeboarding, and just hang out on. I think the kids would love it. Does anyone own one or has anyone tried one out?

http://aqualilypad.com/
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-25-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
I have not been on one, but have talked to a lot of people that have them. I have heard zero negative reviews.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-25-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Pretty cool idea, anyone remember the floating living room that had velcro furniture and a cooler. That thing was sweeet!!
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-25-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Saw a bunch of thes last weekend. Good for those party cove types. something like $499 for a 4x8 piece of foam. Looks great for kids

Last edited by augie_09; 06-25-2012 at 1:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine in Chicago has a 30ft. or 50ft. on the back of his 26ft. Bayline... it is pretty sweet for hanging out on... it rolls out, everyone can chill/sit/lay on it and hang out, then he just rolls it up and tucks it away.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-26-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
We sold them at the shop I used to ride at.... a few wrong jumps / drunken activities and they end up with holes... plus they are pretty heavy and awkward to carry.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-26-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
It looks fun but $499 + $95 shipping for a roll of foam is insanity.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-27-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Ya the more I think about it, $500 is a lot for a floating piece of foam. I was looking at it more for our kids (4 and 6) and their friends and not really the 'drinking" crowd, but if they are susceptible to holes, I'm not all that interested.
Old     (IFLOATS)      Join Date: May 2013       05-19-2013, 7:44 AM Reply   
Dear Sir,

We have recently developed a great product that will enhance every boaters experience on Lake Havasu. This new product "iFloats" is a great product for your company to both rent and sell. I am sure you have seen the multitude of inflatable water floats sold each year. Our family has spent thousands of dollars of the years buying the “latest and greatest” floats each season only to have them last a few times out. We decided to start testing and developing the best built float that would last. The iFloats product evolved out of our frustration to find a product that met our own needs first. We could not believe what consumers were being charged for inferior products. We were very familiar with the attributes of high density foam and wanted to produce a fun, safe, durable but easy-to-maintain float, an iFloat, which would be superior to those currently on the market.

The iFloats feature a patented inner core layer to the iFloat superior tensile strength over all floats available. The total thickness was increased to 1.5 inches enhancing buoyancy by 8% - 16%. Each side has a flush d-ring for attaching our bungee tether. Our tether can stretch from 7 to 18 feet for attaching safely to a boat, dock or anchor. For storage we have included two 9 foot d-ring polyester (water resistant) straps to securely store the iFloat when not in use. iFloats come in standard pink and blue in lengths of 12ft, 18ft and 24ft x 6 feet wide. Custom colors and sizes are available up to 140 feet in length for the ultimate river raft party! Take iFloats to the Lake, River or Ocean and see just how quickly a crowd of all ages gathers ready to become iFloaters!

We are looking for dealers in all areas. Please phone or email today if you are interested in sell the hottest selling new water float on the market today.

Please visit our new website: www.iFloats.com and on www.Facebook.com/iFloats

Sincerely,

Sean McDonald

CEO

iFloats - Giant Resource LLC

Phone: 1-855-iFloats (435-6287)

Email: ifloatparty@gmail.com
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-19-2013, 3:21 PM Reply   
Those are the same price
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-20-2013, 12:10 AM Reply   
Ya, I checked out their page and the prices are quite high for a piece of foam. in the pictures it doesn't even look like they float you out of the water that much.
Old     (wavePads)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-27-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hi I am with a company called WavePads water rafts. These rafts are the most durable water raft on the market and for what they sell for they are worth every penny. Unlike the other companies out there we can custom an design or logo on the top side of the raft. We have many different sizes and if your looking for a specific size we can custom any size as well. Please take a look at all are amazing one of a kind products at WAVEPADS.COM. We are looking for dealers/independent sellers to sell these one of a kind products. Please contact us on our website or we can be reached at 224.444.WAVE (9283). Hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-27-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
prepare to get FLAMED for pushing your company without paying to advertise!! Tough crowd here on WW
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2013, 12:12 PM Reply   
what just happened?
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-27-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
I've been eye'ing these up for a couple years.

I believe the "first" one offered out there and in a variety of options was http://www.thewatermat.com.

A few (20?) people on our lake have various versions, the lily pad looks seems the most popular and as it's slightly cheaper than most and available via walmart. The thickness varies - depending on how much float you want, pay for, etc.

At one point I actually researched the specific foam used and costs of whole pricing of the foam. I don't remember the exact details but it was much higher than I expected, I want to say the equivalent raw foam was at $300-$400 in semi-bulk quantities, excluding shipping, and most of them had two or more layers that are actually glued together. At at that time the retail list was about $750-1000 depending on thewatermat or lilypad. So while $500+ for foam seems like alot it's probably not all that ridiculous.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2013, 10:36 PM Reply   
We have had one all summer long. My kids are 4 and 2, and we have a 5 yo, 3yo, 2yo and 1yo out with us often. Ours is 18' long by 6' wide, rolls easily and I strap it to my transom/swim step when towing or on the water. It is very light, < 40 lbs or so, but is awkward to carry by yourself long walks due to size, but it is really no big deal.

It is not meant to jump on, I have heard of adults jumping onto it and tearing it or puncturing it... but that is just stupidity on their part. Adults can walk on it and kids can walk all over it and even really close to the edges without falling in.

They are a lot of fun.

NO towing with them behind the boat, the foam will tear. Its great to have tied off of a beach, or tied to the boat when anchored out.

Its annoying when you want to go ride and have nowhere to put it. It forces you to take up your whole swim platform to store it, making getting into the boat after a set somewhat difficult.

We love ours and use it often. No rips or tears thus far, but we do not let drunks on or near our stuff and take care of ours.