Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    vapors            08-27-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
I hope the moderators will leave this here and in the wakeskate section because I think everyone would be interested in it. So here it goes...

Hey there,
I'm dropin by to let everyone know that I am starting a Wakeskate magazine and the main idea behind it is to let the ideas and articals come from riders rather than a few paid writers (not that there's anything wrong with that, we just want to go in a different direction). Myself and a few of my friends would act as editors in the capacity of collecting and putting the mag together. We would start with an online format first and then if everything goes according to plan we would go to regular publication. Don't forget, one aspect that makes a magazine great is the photos as well as the articals. So, if you have good photos we need them badly, otherwise we will have to get them from elsewhere and that will slow us down alot. So if you want to get behind a project that starts and ends with the riders,help out. Also we will still try to have pros and advanced riders comment as well, but it will be in response to what you want to know. So send me articals, photos, ideas, questions and comments. I think our little community needs its own magazine. Please send all info to Vapors97@hotmail.com and I will respond as fast as possible. Also check out Wakeskating.com's disscusion board for some responses, and I will also respond to any questions here as well.
Old    swass            08-27-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
My first recommendation would be to fire yourself as editor-in-chief. I stopped counting after six errors.
Old    vapors            08-27-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
This is a web fourum, not the magazine. I also did not say editor-in-chief, I said as an editor, in the capacity that I would compile the articals and ideas and help with the layout. I have a friend who is an English professor at a major university who is willing to edit for gramatical errorsrrssrsoors. Thnakoyu fur your commennt.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-27-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
lol swass. that was my first reaction too. two serious spelling errors in the subject line alone! sheesh. i hope the magazine is mostly pictures! ;)

but not to shoot anyone down that's trying a venture, i say good luck. if grammar isn't your strong point, good on ya to get someone for whom it is. but gavin, never forget this adage: you only get one chance to make a first impression.

just because this is a web forum doesn't mean all rules of grammar go out the window. sure, conversational structure may be more the norm, but you're presenting a proposal - you're representing your magazine no matter what arena you're in. it never helps to come off as uneducated or sloppy, no matter what the milieu of your product may be - and unfortunately that's a highly probable result of not even being diligent enough to make sure your subject line is spelt properly. one might think, if he can't take the time to even spell a subject line on a post right, what's the quality control of the magazine going to be like?

i wish you the best of luck.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-27-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
Damn Swass, you're like a Bud Ice commercial.
Grammer police.
Gavin, there aren't a great number of hardcore skaters on this site. There is a wakeskate section on here and at least a handful of guys who I know are avid skaters - you may get some input there.
I would say go for it. The timing couldn't be better. Skating is getting bigger by the day.
Old    vapors            08-27-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
Chris: Your comment is far more useful than Swass'. I write quickly and the spelling is never a concern to me, but given the object of the post it would be wise to slow down and re-read it. I also want you to know that I can spell, but it's not my strong point. This is why I enlisted the help of the grammar professor. In the future there will be miss-spelled words and grammatical erroroeros, but as the final copy is presented I will make sure it is done correctly. You sound like you would be a usefull asset, you should e-mail ideas?
Old    martini            08-27-2003, 11:38 AM Reply   
hey gavin, i wish you the best of luck...i have started two mags myself and it's alot of work...

in case you haven't noticed this site is full of opions that are not always pleasant...so make sure your skin is thick! most of the negative feedback comes from people who are just looking to cause drama...take it for what it is.

you might want to contact thomas horrell and get his input...
Old    vapors            08-27-2003, 11:47 AM Reply   
I had planned on contacting him, but I would like something with substance to use as an example. Thanks.
Old    swass            08-27-2003, 3:43 PM Reply   
Oh, I see how this works. I wanna play too: Today I think I'll be...hmmmm...I think I'll be an organic chemist.

I wasn't trying to offer constructive criticism, Gavin. If you don't bother to spell MAGAZINE correctly when you're announcing a new MAGAZINE, why should I take you seriously? I don't know why either.

I don't understand the Bud Ice reference, but I'll assume it was an insult, so I'll go with "same to you but more of it!" Jeez... a guy offers a grammar critique here or there and he's branded for life.

I'll just throw 'em all out there now so you can use this as a reference. Please refer to this list as necessary so you don't offend my sensibilities in the future:

1) Learn the difference between plural and possessive.
2) Avoid random acts of capitalization.
3) Don't ever use the word "irregardless." EVER!
4) There is no such thing as a "first annual" anything.
5) Learn how to punctuate!

I'm sure I missed a few, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Good luk With you're magazine that you are Having Under ****sruction.

Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-27-2003, 4:16 PM Reply   
RE: "most of the negative feedback comes from people who are just looking to cause drama"

FYI
Most positive feedback comes from people who avoid conflict and just want to "get along".
See how silly that sounds now?

Pete, you have no evidence whatsoever to back your claim up...so quit trying so hard to make friends.

Swass...haven't seen you post much this summer...glad to see you back.

Christopher...right on.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-27-2003, 4:20 PM Reply   
Swass, you misspelled luck... not luk... It hard to teach a lesson with errors in the lesson.
hahaha... being a smart a$$
Old    swass            08-27-2003, 4:28 PM Reply   
LOL! Dude...oh, never mind. You got me.
Old    vapors            08-27-2003, 4:38 PM Reply   
I'm not really worried about negative feedback. I've goten so much positive I don't think I have time to worry about the negative, irregardless, I am sure SwasS is not really concerened with weather or not I do well. Anyways, all the artiCals, photos, and such that I've receved is very good and get's us off to a great start, but we want more. So, send it. We want artwork, espesSially of boards and self made graphics, but also of just any artwork to use as marginal or header fills. They don't have to be wakeskate related to be used. No one puts a picture of a wakeskate on the bottom of a wakeskate....
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
Can you please tell your grammar professor what you want to post on this message board and have him write it. Your grammatical errors are killing me.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-27-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
Man you guys are killing me. Who cares if the grammar is screwed up. This is not an English board.

Gavin hats off to you for being a leader and having drive.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
Pierce, my thoughts EXACTLY! Jeeze the guy is just trying to inform everyone about his new business venture, not offer spelling services.

oh and Swass...you are wrong on one of your "points"

>>>4) There is no such thing as a "first annual" anything.<<<<
ummm, sorry but there is. If something is the 'first' and it will become an 'annual' it is the first yearly, therefore Gavin using the phrase first annual is correct.

oh, don't think so, ok well the following seem to think that YOU are wrong. Ever heard of The Avalon Project? Didn't think so...but here are the Authors of it, and they seem to think that a 'first annual' message to congress was so titled because it was a 'first annual'

Source:
A Compilation of the Messages and Papers of the Presidents
Prepared under the direction of the Joint Committee on printing, of the House and Senate
Pursuant to an Act of the Fifty-Second Congress of the United States.
New York : Bureau of National Literature, Inc., 1897

I think that last one, well, it speaks for itself.

so maybe you should title your number four to the following:

4) There is such thing as someone who thinks they know it all, but really knows very little and should research before they encrypt.

anyway just my two cents...

Good luck Gavin
Old    vapors            08-28-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
Thank you!
I was wondering if you (Angi) had anything you would like to contribute. The progress is moving along great. In just the 2-3 days that I started posting and announcing the idea, there has been tons of feedback and submissions (All of which has come from grammer professors and people with doctorates LoL). But realy, please contribute.
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-28-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
I would NEVER read a magazine about wakeskating,
but I will look at the pictures. Good luck.
Oh, please post pics of the magazine under the ****structure.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
Gavin,,,as soon as I start wakeskating, I will submit some articles. Right now I only wakeboard/wakesurf. For an idea of my writing style visit one of my websites to see what I have written recently:

www.420empire.com under fashion liaison *at the top* or www.angisimpson.com

as soon as I can contribute some FACTUAL work, in other words, work that I don't pull outta my A**, ****like some people,**** I most certainly will. I love to write.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 7:51 AM Reply   
Bud Ice = cold ????
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2003, 8:04 AM Reply   
This is hilarious...
Swass, can I get in on your Organic Chemist gig? If Gavin can start his own "magizine," the sky is the limit!!!!
By the way, where is Matt Legge in this conversation? He'd get a kick out of this too.
Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
I was just going to lurk

David D - as folks keep telling me, it's GRAMMAR, not GRAMMER.

Irregardless is actually a correct word, I actually had to look it up once. I didn't believe it either. ( It still sounds as bad as 'anyays' )

I like Chris' review of the original post, how ironic!

I also get a kick out of PotEmpire being one of the defenders.

Like Jamie, I want in on the OrgChem gig too!!!

Have fun all. Labour Day is Comin' to Twon!
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
Thanks Matt, I was getting worried about you.

This was my favorite sentence:

"
Anyways, all the artiCals, photos, and such that I've receved is very good and get's us off to a great start, but we want more."
Old    lakesideluver            08-28-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
u idiots act like third graders pickin on the fat kid at school......you all sound like a bunch of haters sitting around wishing you had the balls to start something, but all you can do is knock someone else for trying something new and risky, idiots
Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
Actaully, I do hope Gavin makes a go of this. Even though wake skating is merely recreation to me, it seems a lot of people are very much into it.

Also, it's a great learning experience for him.

Good luck to you Gavin! Don't mind us too much ;)
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
Yeah, don't take us TOO seriously, but c'mon, if you're 23, and a college student, you should at the absolute least, be able to spell magazine if you are planning to publish one. He deserves a bit of heckling.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-28-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
Mike, Not much risk involved in starting an online magazine. Usually its just called a website but whatever.

Gavin, not big into wakeskating but good luck anyway.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
Actually Matt, 420 is the date that my husband and I were married: 4/20/2000. Therefore, that is the day we built our 'Empire'. One should never assume without researching. As you can see from our websites, there is no mention of 'pot' anywhere. Even if we were, as you say, 'potempire' who cares? My retort was on point and my spelling, punctuation and GRAMMAR are impeccable. More than I can say for yours.

And I quote: Actaully, I do hope Gavin makes a go of this.

God Matt, even us STONERS know how to spell ACTUALLY.

>>> I also get a kick out of PotEmpire being one of the defenders. <<<

I get a kick out of PotEmpire being one of the most accurate replies.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-28-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
Gavin, if you want to have a good magazine take a look at Wakeboarding Magazine. Everything about it stinks so you know exactly what not to do. If you avoid everything WM focuses on you might not earn the title of "The worst magazine ever printed."

Did that sound too harsh?
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
Matt, I am not here to argue with you, but please do not belittle something that you know absolutely nothing about. Just because you associate 420 with marijuana use *as do alot of people, I am very aware of this fact* however, it does not mean that something that we work very hard on should have less validity for the mere fact that it has the name '420' in front of it. In retrospect, your witticism wreaks of ignorance and shallow thought.
Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Ooh! pushed someone's buttins

( sp intentional - and no, ur punctuation is as bad as my typoes ;) <<<>>>
Old    vapors            08-28-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
I'll tell you one thing my magazine won't do, trash other magazines. I will never say WM sucks and I will not put anything that suggests it in there. They do what they want and I do what I want. If I don't like their mag, I won't buy it (By the way, I do like it). If they don't like mine, they don't have to buy it. But trashing it is useless, other people who like it will buy it.
Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
BTW, Angie, I'm just giving ya poop.

If you review my posts last year, I'm infamous for typos and spelling. My fingers seem to go dyslexic at times.

(Message edited by leggester on August 28, 2003)

(Message edited by leggester on August 28, 2003)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
Matt, I don't even know you, therefore there is absolutely no way you could even attempt to touch one of my buttons, let alone PUSH one.

Its just a simple matter of you 'assuming' to know something you know absolutely NOTHING about. Just admit it, your assumption was on second base and I was already at home plate old man.

But, I must ask...how does someone who is pushing 50 even know about 420? Are you also familiar with 311, 187 and John 3:16 ???
Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
Gots five more years to go little chica.

I don't assume and you know that damn well. You put the 420 there, not me. AND you know what it meant and how it would be taken.

Ever here of the seventies honey? It's just amatuer days now.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
oops, sorry for draggin' ya in, Matt.
Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
Naw probs my friend. All in a day's entertainment.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2003, 11:13 AM Reply   
Hey Swass, I was just razzin' ya. I know what you do for a living. I just thought it was a little cold right out of the gates. Hence the Bud Ice reference. You're still the Grammer police. Hey, someone's got to do it and it's a full time job with plenty of overtime on these sites.
Yeah Matt, I had a feeling I spelled Grammar wrong the first time. BTW, interesting story - this old guy who was my neighbor growing up (and an etomologist - sp. Swass? - someone who studies words) told me one time that a couple of the most common mistakes made by people, including the media and those who write "professionally", with regards to the English language are:
1. using the word irregardless - should always be regardless - and,
2. that the word forte' is supposed to be pronounced like the word fort.
At least those are the ones I remember.

Angie, it's all good. That inference is gonna be made by a lot of people. That's just my opinion of course.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
Speaking of entertainment, where did Swass run off to? (sorry, dangling preposition)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
I knew exactly how it would be taken,,,its called 'marketing' and I also know the meaning that lies deeper than that for us. So, if you will step back and take a look, you will realize that your comment about 'potempire' being one of the defenders, *sarcastically* comes off like YOU are assuming that someone who owns a website that may OR MAY NOT be related to marijuana could not defend a point with ANY amount of validity is, in fact an assumption ON YOUR PART. That is all my point is!

yeah, the 70's, but they were just a runover from the late 60's where the real experimentation took place. All that LSD in '69 led television executives to produce horrible shows like: All in the Family, The Mary Tyler Moore show and Gunsmoke. Oh and must I mention
Kojak and the Waltons?

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
ha ha ha - dangling preposition?
Damn, either I skipped english that day to go kneeboarding (hey, they didn't have wakeboards back then) or dozed off.
I am personally a big fan of the hyphen these days.
Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Matt
You r probably use to the phrases
714EMPIRE.COM
or
beer30EMPIRE.COM
or
Lead-gasEMPIRE.COM

N Da club doin' the Charleston w/ machine gun in hand lookin for Charlie

glad to see your down w/ 420EMPIRE.COM

ps
you r crazy to rap battle against
www.ANGISIMPSON.com

she is the female version of EMINEM

late/jake
Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
Ah, no. Actually, you need to take the responsibility for the 420 gig. Dont' hide behind the adage of assuming when you don't even know me.

When you present to the world and image, be it words or visuals, you have the responsibility of the image.

LOL Jake. Those are good. Except most of us drank bourbon.

Yes, LSD was nasty. The 70s was a time of relief where the 60s ( something you 'assume' you know of ? ) were a time of what people call stress now. Now, a little bit on blotter could make you loose the whole weekend.

60s = draft and die
70s = a time of little war, little chance of dying and a great party.

Managed to make it through with half a mind and no STDs.
Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
matt
you r wrong

the THC content in bud is way stronger now than it was in the 70's

tie-stick=that is so stupid, bud tied to a stick-big deal =w/ the THC content of 3%=AKA homegrown
R U still buying Lids? R U Cheech or Chong

I am so sick of the 70's crowd saying their drugs were so strong

you can't even handle what they r inventing now

=all done out of fun=
late/jake

Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
hehehe, no it's Thai-stick ( Thailand ). It was how they bundled it - kind of like the way they did incense.

I never said strong. Now the mate is making assumptions? Also, Blotter = acid.

You'll have to excuse me now, I have to research the Russel / American Standards for SOUNDEX functions. Woo Hoo! Lots of fun.

Be back later! Have fun!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
LOL 714...forgot about that one! Thanks Jake..

Its cool David, I am just a type A personality where I will defend what I feel, think or say till the very end. And I come armed with very objective/valid points that very few can conquer. The marketing strategy behind our website is brilliant, I will not let anyone belittle it or my points just because it is forever linked to our old friend 'mary jane'. Nor should it be.

Now Alcoholics...you can ridicule them, and I'll help. LOL
Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
matt

I don't know nothing bout the 60's = I can't even remember what happened yesterday=LOL

ya u did have the best decade -70's cid & Sex rules

ok u had better cid-but that's it=the Vodka is even better now=not to mention the burbon-longer aging process

cid sucks now
since they cant find the proper ingredients to make it properly anymore=but than again acid is so 1990

late/jake
Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
matt
"you ever looked at a dollar bill-On Weed" -Half Baked

good fun

late/jake
Old    vapors            08-28-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Wow, I had no idea this would come about for my bad grammar. I'm currently enrolling in every grammar class from k-12 so that my next post does not encite a riot and/or possibly a terrorist act.
If anyone has anything to comment concerning the maaagazzinne, please e-mail. Thanks.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
AHHH, the truth comes out...so our good friend Matt is a closet smoker...good job on the entrapment Jake. *tie stick versus thai stick...good one.
lured him right in...only a true 'pot head' would know that one.

So..... now WE are to assume that YOU defending anything is a complete joke, since you, yourself are among the 'smokers' or at least once were???

>>>I also get a kick out of PotEmpire being one of the defenders.

I know, isn't just amazing that I can even put together a complete sentence, let alone think for myself! Cuz God, anyone that would own the .com 420Empire must must be a complete burn out AND totally unable to put up ANY KIND OF DEFENSE! *yes, I was being a sarcastic beeatch*

And closet smoker, I don't hide behind anything. Never have never will,,if I did, do you really think I would have confronted you and your snide remark? And stop using my lines.
Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
angi

ya I can't believe he took the bait

late/jake

(Message edited by jakeman on August 28, 2003)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
Gavin, it wasnt the grammar, it was matt and his assumption that anyone that would own 420Empire.com did not have a leg to stand on in the way of defending you and your grammatical errors. But, we see who came out on top, old man river got pushed out to sea.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   

>>>You'll have to excuse me now, I have to research the Russel / American Standards for SOUNDEX functions. <<<<

Matt, is that another term for 'hip replacement'?

ok, now I am just being mean, but I had to do it, that one was just too easy.

now I am done.
Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
Gavin

this turned out to be a great forum

can't wait until yur mag comes out
I suggest u hire Angi to write articles 4 U

I think almost every wakeboarder wakeskates and if they don't they should try it

late/jake
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-28-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
Angi, you let me down...
I was hoping you would end with ..."oh yeah, don't forget to check out our new movie "WASTED" on 420empire.com"
G-
Old    leggester            08-28-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
Ah, a quick check before lunch and... surpise!

At least it's nice to see a couple that plays with each other.

Angie dear, you've got to be the darkest damn pot trying to call the kettle black I've ever seen. hypocrisy suits you.

Must've pushed some major buttons. I beg your pardon.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
DAMN! I knew I was forgetting something! LOL

good lookin' out Gregg,,guess we know who the new VP in charge of marketing is..how does $75K a year sound, plus expenses and a company car.

"step into my office,,,cuz your f**kin fired!"
Jake, what movie is that from??
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
WAIT...

Theres something about Mary.....

I'm good...
Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
Matt-

u didn't have to go do research

all u did was go and search for the 1-hitter
so you could come back and mis-spell
Angi

late/jake
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
I have no buttons, only zippers..zippers good,,buttons bad.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
Well, it's ****4:20**** and I need to go do some yoga before I go wakeboard. I am off....*don't be talkin' smack about me behind my back...*

I'm out..have a good day/nite.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
wow angi. no buttons? you don't sound like it. but i must take issue with one of your statements...

quote:

My retort was on point and my spelling, punctuation and GRAMMAR are impeccable. More than I can say for yours.

hmm, quite a statement - especially when followed by a fragment. but then there's this:

quote:

oh, don't think so, ok well the following seem to think that YOU are wrong. Ever heard of The Avalon Project? Didn't think so...but here are the Authors of it, and they seem to think that a 'first annual' message to congress was so titled because it was a 'first annual'

- started with a non-capitialized "oh"
- capitialization of "authors" when not a proper noun
- no ending punctuation (i.e., period, colon, etc.)

so, now that we've used facts to establish the inaccuracy of one of your statements, let's look at some others:

quote:

4) There is such thing as someone who thinks they know it all, but really knows very little and should research before they encrypt.

what exactly did you mean by "encrypt"? did swass try to obfuscate his meaning by speaking in a form of code?

and then there's your mess of a response to matt's statement:

quote:

I also get a kick out of PotEmpire being one of the defenders.

first, ironically you make an assumption about what he means as you decry his supposed "assumption" about you:

quote:

Actually Matt, 420 is the date that my husband and I were married: 4/20/2000. Therefore, that is the day we built our 'Empire'. One should never assume without researching.

what exactly did he assume? he assumed nothing - he used parody to equate your moniker with a commonly known meaning of the same combination of numbers. and what's even more amazing is that you freely admit to knowingly capitalizing on that association for your benefit.

so matt goes and does exactly what your "marketing" efforts intended - but then is told he should do more research before making such an association? the irony of the situation reminds me of a certain detergent commercial: you're soaking in it.

Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
Chris stack

"this site is being rebuilt. it may take awhile... :-)

until then you can still access these areas:"

-this is off the front page of your website-

who r u to talk bout grammer?
1. don't make pics w/ the keyboard -it is played out
2. you need a coma between =then, you
3. you didn't capitalize any sentences
4. you need to enlarge your font because I had to zoom in on my 21' monitor to see that yur site is under const.
5. sillyness is spelled wrong

6. If I keep it up, I will have to charge you for web fees

this is a forum and people who type short-hand=
but your site should have correct grammar

so go fix it then come back and battle

late/jake
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
lol jakeman. apparently ad hominem arguing runs in the family.

hmmm, funny but i don't remember saying "my grammar is impeccable." when i do, i'll be sure to consult u on it!
Old    jakeman            08-28-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
chris

all the time u took pointing out what Angi wrote=
u should have been working on your own shizit(site)

you feel me knockin'?

now I am going to pass the mic=
because when Angi reads this =yur gonna get lyrically destroyed

feel sorry 4U

LOL
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-28-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
Damn Chris,,,I just got home from wakeboarding,,,You sure have ALOT of time on your hands...oh and by the way,,when I am talking to you, I will address you.

You came in so late on the conversation, I can not even believe that you took the time to read, much less quote everything, damn, you are REALLY bored.

Old    krichard            08-28-2003, 10:34 PM Reply   
doh

(Message edited by krichard on August 28, 2003)
Old    krichard            08-28-2003, 10:40 PM Reply   
Oh and by the way you are all thread stealers. Gavin was asking a totaly legit question and you hijacked his thread. Gavin do it. There needs to be something out there for those who choose to shed the bindings and go for total freedom. I have yet to give up the bindings but would love to read about the cowboys who paved the way for my next sport.

(Message edited by krichard on August 28, 2003)
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-28-2003, 11:02 PM Reply   
lol kerry. you are absolutely right - we did hijack his thread. my apologies gavin. as i said before, i have no wish to stop anyone from being adventurous and startin' up something new.

as for ideas, i'm sorry i can't be much help. im not into wakeskating and don't know many that do it - although hit up chris neeley after he's done running for gov'nor. im sure he'll have some ideas. the only thing i could contribute is that i know my favorite part of wbm is the instructionals. charlie patterson's higher learning section and kyle schmidt's articles are awesome. they're detailed and explicit how-to articles. if i was going read a wakeskating magazine (as opposed to just look at the pics), that's the kind of info i'd be interested in.

best of luck gavin.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-29-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   
Bull!
Neeley hasn't filed to run for governor of CA has he? I can believe it, so if you're playing you got me good. If not, good luck Chris you are definately up for the challenge.
Old    jakeman            08-29-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
Gavin

don't worry I got yur back when u produce a mag
I will submit an exclusive interview w/ Grubb

until then you can watch -Atomic Atom -inventor of the "Atom Bomb" wakeskate on

www.420PRODUCTION.com

late/jake