Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-02-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
I travel to Naples periodically and was wondering if there is much of a scene there. If so I would love to hook up and ride!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-02-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
Call Gulf Shores Marina and talk to Kenny Main III. They are the local Master Craft dealers and Kenny has his finger on who is doing what and where. He knows everybody. My crew (kids) are sissies and wont ride again until the temps come back up. It has been pretty windy here too. My Ski Nautique is undergoing major surgery but I still have the center console on a lift and the wake isnt too bad for an outboard.

I have a buddy with a Supra who is pretty chronic and can always be talked into riding if we get a crew up. Whats your schedule?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-02-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
About the only thing i ever seen ridden down there is a golf cart by all the retired or business men/women.

Do use your Nautique in the salt water? Ive seen ur past posts so I ask bc I know its not a coastal edition 230.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-02-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
Baitkiller

Thanks for the info! I actually live up north right now. I use to live in Tampa and my girlfriends parents live in Naples which we visit sometimes. So I was looking for some peeps to rip with when I visit! Next time I'm down I will definitely look you or Kenny up! Im not crazy about the cold water but I just wear a suit...
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-03-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
The Nautique is just an old school 1978 pre 2001 ski nautique i picked up cheap and am re-building. Yeah, I run everything in the salt. Its salt, not acid and just takes a little thought and experience. I have been boating and working on boats down here over 25 years so no worries. She is going together brine friendly. It's harder on boards and bindings than my boat.

Water temp yesterday in Big Marco Pass was 68.9f.

Kenny will hook you up. He knows all young hip guys with modern boats.

And do not forget Revolution cable in Fort Myers. Check their facebook page. Great cable and very nice crew about 45 minutes from Naples.